lateral collateral ligament pain?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Skirmisher, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Skirmisher

Skirmisher Regular Member

Hi guys, did a quick search and didn't find too much on lcl injuries so decided to post

Recently ive been experiencing pain on the outside of my LEFT knee. Now i am pretty sure that it is the lateral collateral ligament that is hurting...
    It usually happens after i do a smash that's somewhat around the head. *ex. i am right handed, the person clears to the left side, so i started to move left and do a semi-hop smash* Kind of like this i suppose* pic--> http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bds2Zl6KEcNQ/610x.jpg

I usually have a good warm up before i try to do those kinds of shots because from experience, that ligament will hurt if i do that shot. But nowadays, it seems that whenever i do that shot, the ligament will hurt anyways, regardless of whether i warmed up or not. So i am forced instead to take those kinds of shots slower.. and drop them instead :(

I was wondering what can i do? Is there some sort of stretch that i should do pre-game?

I feel that it is just a minor sprain.. because after i get home there is no pain or anything, the pain is only there during game... but it is still annoying and i am not sure how to take care of it.

Thanks

2. sirjoe1

sirjoe1 Regular Member

-
    You should see a physiotherapist to diagnose the problem =)

3. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    If there is a tear or rupture in the ligament then you need surgery to have it fixed. Go to a doctor to get a scan.