Lee Chong Wei Lost >___< T__T

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by sirjoe1, Aug 17, 2008.

1. sirjoe1

sirjoe1 Regular Member

-
    nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu he lost =.= Lin Dan was just too fast today =.....= sigh score are as follows
    21-12 , 21-8 siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhh well i could say at least we get a silver =.=

2. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Silver is a good achievement too. Congrat LCW!

3. Scott_G500

Scott_G500 Regular Member

Student
    lin dan is on fire

4. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Thumb up for chong wei!!u r the best!!!:)

5. sirjoe1

sirjoe1 Regular Member

-
    I have to say though Lin Dan was on fire today O______O LCW almost looked small in comparison .__, sob sob

6. Jinky

Jinky Regular Member

yeah...LD was like dragon ball!

7. Stan Rees

Stan Rees Regular Member

Yeah, Lin Dan is super today and Chong Wei could only do that much.
    Well, at least Chong Wei got a silver this Olympic compared to Rashid Sidek who got a bronze previously.
    In the future, hopefully there'll be another Malaysian to break this record by getting a gold :)

8. nmy3889

nmy3889 Regular Member

ahh...i'm not disappointed that LCW got the silver...but very disappointed that the much anticipated final was so easy for LD....well, looks like we'll have to wait for many more years for that elusive gold...

9. newplayer

newplayer Regular Member

fixed it for you ... :D

10. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Lin Dan won it all

Technically speaking....Lin Dan was well prepared and has a great gameplan....he was also noticably faster than Lee.

LCW's crosscourt jumpsmash failed miserably...Lin Dan anticipated it all day long. Lin Dan also refused to exchange net shot with Lee and keep clearing to Lee's backhand....Lee's defense failed miserably as Lin Dan once he jumpsmash....quickly follow up and anticipated the direction of Lee's block...Lee's crosscourt block was punished severely by Lin Dan's netkill...Lin Dan just played a his natural attacking game..and refused to be slowed down by Lee's game.

Normally LCW's defence is superb...but tonight it failed him.

Watched the game kinda dissapointing...expected a rubbergame...but got a whitewash. Anyway Lin Dan is definitely a class of the 2000 decade. He can be compared to Zhao Jian Hua and Yang Yang. A classy thing to give fans his racquet and shoes.....He is champion....just hope he is not so arrogant after getting olympic gold.

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Don't count your chickens before they're hatched

I'm so sad to watch LCW being "slaughtered" by LD in tonight's goal medal final. The pathetic score read 21-12, 21-8! :eek: Who would have imagined that the well-prepared LCW could only score less than 10 points in the second game!

He was completely outclassed in all departments and could not match both LD's furious pace and the Chinese overwhelming support for their own heroe.

To those disappointed fans who strongly predicted a gold medal win for LCW I would suggest a less provocative approach as it does not help him but rather put more pressure on him that might have affected his performance. LCW was at his lowest ebb in that most important match of his career! :(

It is better "NOT to count your chickens before they're hatched!" :rolleyes:

12. sirjoe1

sirjoe1 Regular Member

-
    LCW is still our greatest badminton player though =)

13. nmy3889

nmy3889 Regular Member

felt that LCW was so lonely when he was standing on the podium...then when the 3 medalists took photo i think i saw LCW was about to cry...so sad...all efforts for the past few years only ended in a silver...he must be really disappointed...

14. Jinky

Jinky Regular Member

i dun think he was disappointed bcoz he got a silver. he was disappointed becoz he din play well...

15. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Yeah I think so too...

16. nmy3889

nmy3889 Regular Member

yeah..i mean that he was disappointed in himself for not playing well...missed that out...:p
    but all credit to LD tonight...he played like a crazy man hungry for the gold...:D:D:D...whatever LCW did was never going to be enough to beat LD today...

17. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

I demand a rematch!!!!

Agreed.

LCW's crosscourt jump smash: LCW got at least 2 points in the early game with his Xcourt smash. Subsequently, he was trailing too far behind to use this shot effectively.

On netshots: LD was holding for quite a number of shots at the net. He played a smarter game by stretching LCW.

On LCW's defense: LD didn't try his luck with jumpsmash as he usually does. I think LD is fully aware of LCW's superb defensive capability but bid his time. He changed pace and was extremely careful not to pick a fight he cannot win, push LCW off balance before killing him with the jumpsmash/netkill sequence. LD's unpredictability slows LCW down.

That said, LCW did make a tad too many unforced errors (usually the forte of LD). LD also forced LCW to play more tightly by jumping at every kill opportunity.

Me too. Was hoping for a rubber and the clash of the titans but got only 1/2 of what I asked...

Still, congratulations to both finalist and Malaysia for advancing in her gold OG quest.

18. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I dun mind having 300Krm and the pension.;) Enjoy life;)

19. victory

victory Regular Member

As I have said in another thread LCW was not quick on his feet tonight. His movement looks sluggish. But kudos must be given to LD and the coaches. They are very well prepared this time in their tactical game plan. Well LCW still win silver medal for MAS and have achieve his goal. Well that's life. Up, down, win, lose is normal. That's what make sport and life interesting. No problem. Next time try harder.

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

well, it is hard to please some people.:D

If LD lose to lcw, doubters would laugh because LD had succumbed to the extreme home crowd pressure. Now that LD had won, it is because of the overwhelming home crowd support. Reality is, yes, great pressure on LD to win, much more pressure than lcw to win but LD conquered both pressure and lcw.

hmm, let see what LD did today under pressure:

- did not lose one set at all (lcw shown small crack when he lost 1 set to LHI)
    - first time #1 seeded MS players winning the gold, breaking the old statistic
    - first time TC winner also win OG gold, breaking the old statistic
    - securing china team expectation of 3 golds.