Returning (again) to the game

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ozshuttler, Aug 17, 2008.

1. ozshuttler

ozshuttler Regular Member

Hi all,
    Once again I am returning to the game we all love. This time however i have no competitive aspirations, I just want to play for fun and train for fitness.

I need some racquest ideas. I'm thinking Head Metallix 2000. Cheap and cheerful. When I first played I wqas very wristy. This chaged as i got older and started to use stiffer frames.

I had my best success with the old alloy/carbon shaft Cab-8. But I also like the Aerotus 110.

I know that both of these frames are long gone, but I'd like some suggestions on similar frames. they dont have to be square head frames, I like old school. I would also like to find something with a little weight around the Yonex 2U rather than the current crop of 3U. They just seem too light to me.

Thanks for all your help to those that reply.

Ozshuttler:D

2. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

The Cab8 is still available in 2U, and there's the AR100F 3U/2U as well, but that is only available in Japan. If you're interested, you can try ordering one from http://shuttle-house.com. There's other oval racquets you may want to try, such as the Cab30MS and SOTX winner-kinsmen 8080+.

3. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    Well, you don't have to go for the old AR design anymore. There are plenty of choices around. For once, I thought that only the AR110 suited me most, but then there are so many new rackets coming up which are so nice.

I guess if you like the Aerotus and Cab-8, if you want an expensive one, you probably can try the 2U Arcsaber10. The older Ti-10 or Cab20 may also be good options. Of course, juirata is right, there is still the AR100 around in Japan. But apparently this AR100 is quite different from the old AR110 as it does not have the boron frame anymore. If I were you, I would try out the newer models (or other brands as well), the benefit is not just the design, but newer frames, especially 2U frames, can withstand a higher tension of over 25lb. I bet my old AR110 would snap at 25lb of tension.

4. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    You can try any Yonex CAB series racket. CAB30MS is probably the best oval frame racket there is.

#4 phandrew, Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  5. ozshuttler

ozshuttler Regular Member