User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 32
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    shoebox
    Posts
    449
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default LCW donating part of 300,000rm to earthquake victims

    I read in 'The Star' that lcw is going to donate some of his 'bonus' to the Sichuan earthquake victims. What a great human being. Here is the article:

    KUALA LUMPUR: Lee Chong Wei's parents hope the Malaysian public will not be annoyed with his son's performance in the Olympic men's singles final in Beijing last night.
    The father, Ah Chai, said: “He was off form and made so many mistakes. I think my son could not handle the pressure.
    “It was just not his day. I feel bad that my son failed to deliver the first gold medal for Malaysia in the Olympics. But I am pleased that he managed to achieve the target of reaching the final.
    “He is the first Malaysian to qualify for the Olympic men's singles final. I think that he should continue playing and go for the gold in the 2012 Olympics in London.”
    A group of 30 reporters and photographers were at Chong Wei's parents' house in Bukit Hatamas in Cheras to watch the final match on television last night.
    Ah Chai and the wife Kor Kim Choi were clearly disappointed after the tame loss. Also at the house to watch the match were Chong Wei's sister Ming Ching and her husband K.S. Tung.
    The 55-year-old Ah Chai added that Chong Wei called yesterday to inform him that he would donate some of the money from the RM300,000 reward to the Sichuan earthquake victims.
    “He told me that if he wins the gold, he will give more money to the earthquake victims. I am proud of his caring nature,” said Ah Chai.
    Last edited by Dimplex; 08-17-2008 at 09:46 PM. Reason: typo

  2. #2
    Regular Member volcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's really great to hear...

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    405
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimplex View Post
    I read in 'The Star' that lcw is going to donate all of his 'bonus' to the Sichuan earthquake victims. What a great human being. Here is the article:

    KUALA LUMPUR: Lee Chong Wei's parents hope the Malaysian public will not be annoyed with his son's performance in the Olympic men's singles final in Beijing last night.
    The father, Ah Chai, said: “He was off form and made so many mistakes. I think my son could not handle the pressure.
    “It was just not his day. I feel bad that my son failed to deliver the first gold medal for Malaysia in the Olympics. But I am pleased that he managed to achieve the target of reaching the final.
    “He is the first Malaysian to qualify for the Olympic men's singles final. I think that he should continue playing and go for the gold in the 2012 Olympics in London.”
    A group of 30 reporters and photographers were at Chong Wei's parents' house in Bukit Hatamas in Cheras to watch the final match on television last night.
    Ah Chai and the wife Kor Kim Choi were clearly disappointed after the tame loss. Also at the house to watch the match were Chong Wei's sister Ming Ching and her husband K.S. Tung.
    The 55-year-old Ah Chai added that Chong Wei called yesterday to inform him that he would donate some of the money from the RM300,000 reward to the Sichuan earthquake victims.
    “He told me that if he wins the gold, he will give more money to the earthquake victims. I am proud of his caring nature,” said Ah Chai.
    Are you sure? The story said "if he wins the gold" and "some of the money". Is it to early to say he donates "all" the winning. Do you have a better source?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    183
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LCW is really a great guy. Thank you, LCW.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    shoebox
    Posts
    449
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fan888 View Post
    Are you sure? The story said "if he wins the gold" and "some of the money". Is it to early to say he donates "all" the winning. Do you have a better source?
    sorry my bad...i have edited what i typed before

    i did not read the article carefully enough...but yes lcw is donating some of his 300k bonus...which i think is very generous of him

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    MAS
    Posts
    960
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Misleading.Is SOME of the MONEY. NOT ALL

    Your thread title is misleading.. It is SOME OF THE MONEY.. Not all. But we can really see LCW is has a carrying heart.. I respect him !

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimplex View Post
    I read in 'The Star' that lcw is going to donate some of his 'bonus' to the Sichuan earthquake victims. What a great human being. Here is the article:

    KUALA LUMPUR: Lee Chong Wei's parents hope the Malaysian public will not be annoyed with his son's performance in the Olympic men's singles final in Beijing last night.
    The father, Ah Chai, said: “He was off form and made so many mistakes. I think my son could not handle the pressure.
    “It was just not his day. I feel bad that my son failed to deliver the first gold medal for Malaysia in the Olympics. But I am pleased that he managed to achieve the target of reaching the final.
    “He is the first Malaysian to qualify for the Olympic men's singles final. I think that he should continue playing and go for the gold in the 2012 Olympics in London.”
    A group of 30 reporters and photographers were at Chong Wei's parents' house in Bukit Hatamas in Cheras to watch the final match on television last night.
    Ah Chai and the wife Kor Kim Choi were clearly disappointed after the tame loss. Also at the house to watch the match were Chong Wei's sister Ming Ching and her husband K.S. Tung.
    The 55-year-old Ah Chai added that Chong Wei called yesterday to inform him that he would donate some of the money from the RM300,000 reward to the Sichuan earthquake victims.
    “He told me that if he wins the gold, he will give more money to the earthquake victims. I am proud of his caring nature,” said Ah Chai.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    shoebox
    Posts
    449
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xymaerts View Post
    Your thread title is misleading.. It is SOME OF THE MONEY.. Not all. But we can really see LCW is has a carrying heart.. I respect him !
    ive changed the title.....just hasnt changed on bc for some reason...

    the title is different once u go into the thread...dno why it hasnt changed in the beijing olympics forum

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,731
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How about donating some of the money to local charities - like the ophanages ? As they say, charity starts at home.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I hope Lin Dan will match that ...

  10. #10
    Regular Member robin7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Puchong Prima
    Posts
    13,684
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not surprised that it comes from a great guy like LCW. LCW, I'm really proud of you.

  11. #11
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    12,509
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    How about donating some of the money to local charities - like the ophanages ? As they say, charity starts at home.
    The choice of charity is an individual decision. There are many deserving charities. There are also other benefactors.

    Questioning on choice of charity is not really important. He didn't need to donate anything to anybody.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    405
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimplex View Post
    sorry my bad...i have edited what i typed before

    i did not read the article carefully enough...but yes lcw is donating some of his 300k bonus...which i think is very generous of him
    Agreed! That is very good of LCW even when it is SOME of the bonus money. Thanks for sharing.

  13. #13
    Regular Member jhirata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand, New Z
    Posts
    2,487
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This shows how humble he is

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    One word : Class.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    SHANGHAI
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Chong Wei, you are my hero!

  16. #16
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    How about donating some of the money to local charities - like the ophanages ? As they say, charity starts at home.
    He and some of the guys in the badminton team has been doing it regularly to the local Malaysian Orphanage. They donated money, shirts, shoes etc.
    Not many people knows about it.
    Some pll say these guys are all ego.. but they are nice pll.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    487
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wonderful LCW! You are a great sportsman with big heart. We are proud of you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Prayers to the victims in Japan earthquake...
    By winstonchan in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 4
    : 03-18-2011, 08:46 PM
  2. Recovery after donating blood
    By thejym in forum General Forum
    Replies: 9
    : 10-09-2009, 11:21 PM
  3. Own A Piece of Badminton Glory while Donating To A Worthy Cause!
    By GGManagement in forum Golden Gate Badminton Club ( GGBC )
    Replies: 1
    : 11-17-2008, 10:34 PM
  4. CCC Badminton to help China's Sichuan earthquake victims
    By chris-ccc in forum CCC Badminton Club
    Replies: 29
    : 06-09-2008, 10:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •