Who also hates equestrian

Discussion in 'BEIJING 2008 non-badminton events / discussion' started by V1lau, Aug 18, 2008.

1. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    I couldn’t hold it in my tongue any more, “I HATE EQUESTRIAN!!!” and I doubly hate that Hong Kong has to host it, meaning that it will take up valuable TV time of the already scarce Olympic coverage in HK. :mad:

I won’t even get started with Dressage, the most retarded event in all of the Olympics. It is neither athletic nor entertaining in the least bit. :mad:

Where is PETA and other animal activists? This is a clear case animal abuse and slavery; I can tell by looking at the horses that they are equally bored and certainly do not want to be there as they do not get medals.:mad:

I plead with the IOC to stop torturing the public with retarded boring events and animal cruelty. :mad:

2. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Hey, crazy people kill endangered birds to make shuttle cocks. :p

3. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Ducks and geese are eaten by Chinese in huge quantities. Their feathers are by-products that are sold to badminton shuttlecock manufacturers and the rest that couldn't be sold are thrown away.
    This is a real story about a badminton shuttlecock manufacturer, who claims to be the largest shuttle manufacturer in the world but is actually Hong Kong owned, who nearly went bankrupt a few years ago when it tried to corner all the goose feathers in the whole of China, in an effort to drive up the prices of shuttlecocks. What this company didn't know was that after it thought it had bought up all the goose feathers in China, lo and behold huge new goose feather supplies came into the market! You see, instead of throwing away what they otherwise couldn't sell, the goose farmers simply diverted those feathers to be thrown away into the market! Shuttlecock prices plummeted and our friend, forced to dump his huge stockpile, nearly went into liquidation. But our good old friend, the Bank of China, bailed it out. To recover from this expensive mistake it is now forced to sell its shuttles and racquets at higher prices.

4. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    count me in....not animal abuse or anythin...maybe a lil animal abuse but what the hell is this "sport" doing in the olympics?.....do you train the horse?? I mean the horse does more work than the rider....the gold goes to the horse....dammit..

5. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Canada has just won a silver from the team event, and one of the guy is 61 years old and we call him an athlete.

I would be very disappointed if they remove badminton from Olympic while keeping equestrian. Or as well we should introduce F1 racing, aka motor SPORT, as an Olympic event. :rolleyes:

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    here in calgary we have stampede every year where cowboys and cowgirls compete various events involving horses and cattle (bronco, saddleback, bareback ridings, steer roping, steer cutting, etc...) How about horse racing, very famous around the world. I think they all should be olympic sports too since equestrian is. Not fair.

#6 cooler, Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  7. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I think Olympic games are humans competing against humans..

Animals competing against other animals, does not make much sense :confused:

It's more like ..can you spot the odd one out in the olympics :)

/Twobeer

8. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Count me in.....if IOC takes out badminton, I will be protesting about Equistrian , Handbal, Tramboline, etc...

9. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Me too. I never understand peoples fascination with it.

In order of pointlessness (I know not a word) from Least to Most:

Cross country:confused:
    Show Jump:confused::confused:
    Dressage:confused::confused::mad::mad::crying:

As far as I could see dressage is just horse walking round a yard.

Even the people commentating are fully aware it is the horses that are the stars. I guess OG participation is more political than Sporting.

10. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I am sure equistrian will be in play in OG 2012 since Bristish invented....correct me if I am wrong.....:D:D....James, you should support it as GB may get more medals in next Olympics....:D:D:D

11. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Another thing we have done wrong.....:D

Not interested in giving medals to glory hunting Humans. They should wrap them round the equine necks!

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

be careful, the brits invented badminton too;):p

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

14. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    oops...no wonder Badminton is still in play in 2012.....:D:D....so we can cheer again in next 4 yrs....:p

15. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Debatable..........

16. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

I mentionned it from the perspective of someone who is ignorant and doesn't know how great badminton is :D. Of course, most of us should know or have heard that "Ducks and geese are eaten by Chinese in huge quantities. Their feathers are by-products that are sold to badminton shuttlecock manufacturers and the rest that couldn't be sold are thrown away."

17. zheng-bo-rox

zheng-bo-rox Regular Member

Badminton watcher :P And food eater :P

Common misconception. A game played with woord in the shape of a racket and balls made from rubber have been plyed as early as 2000BC in some advanced cultures. Around 500BC in greece, a game was invented were you had to use flat wooden bats (ahem rackets :p ) and hit the ball to each other, keeping it in the air, with only one hit each. they was a string tied acroos between each player and the ball wasnt allowed to drop lower than this height. To me, this is the first version of badminton.

It developed as time when on, and it was the chinese who first introduced strings and nets.

The brits were meerly the first of the europeans to bring it to their country- though they changed the rules (as the asian way was too difficult for the itsy bitsy english) and changed game play a little.

Hence, we are all convinced they invented it.

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

yes, the brits more or less standardized the game into badminton. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE the idea or history that badminton was originated from or reference to Greece, this WILL GUARANTEE the existence of badminton as an olympic sports. Shot put, javelin, basic track and field will survive too because it is the original greek olympic sports. If one can link their sports to greece, u r more or less guaranteed its survival as an olympic sports. Equestrian have survived because the relationship between horse and man can be traced back to greece history. They can't have all shorse related ports related in OG so IOC kept one, equestrian, because this sports is for the rich and rich people has voice in IOC.

#18 cooler, Aug 18, 2008
  19. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Like I said, OG sports are more political not neccessarily sporting. IOC likes us to believe it has highest morale standard....mmmm....

And also like I said Badminton origins debatable..

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

some critics whined that badminton is mostly dominated by asian countries. Well that's true but not pre 1960, America, danes and brites owned badminton back then. I like to counter them with this, winter olympic sports are dominated by countries with lots of snow. Why the double standard to have a dedicated OG just to benefit few countries? how can MAL , INA, brazil, morocco be good in skiing, skating, bobsledding, if snow cones are the the closest snow they ever see and touch?

#20 cooler, Aug 18, 2008