Yonex rackets in China

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by mongoose, Jun 2, 2002.

1. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

I am just curious:

In Singapore, we can generally find two types of Yonex rackets.

Both types are labelled "SP" after the model names.
    Example: Ti10 SP, Muscle Power 100 SP, Carbonex 20 SP.

But the serial numbers engraved on the cone of the rackets are either "SP" or "HK".

What about Yonex rackets in China?

Do they have "SP" on the shafts after the model names?
    ie. Ti10 SP or just Ti10?

And what are the letters on the serial numbers engraved on the cone of the rackets?

2. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Those racquets from Yonex China will have the suffix "CH". However, there are still many imported units being sold in China.

3. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Mongoose,

during my trip to London, had the chance to handle a "non-long" Ti-10, its just "Ti-10" no UK suffix what so ever. But the serial was "xxxxxxxUK"

Its the same price as in Singapore just that its in UK pounds!! Not Singapore Dollars!!

4. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Gosh thats expensive.......

Mongoose, remember that Cab20 Muscle i was telling u about? The one i saw with the suffix UK on the serial number cone? That one was labelled Carbonex 20 Muscle on the shaft. As opposed to a Carbonex 20 Muslce SP on others.

5. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

I have a slim 10 without the sp on the shaft! I am not sure abt Quality issues. I think because of sheer volumes that is sold in south Pacific region i think YY has strategically priced it at such low prices compared to YY in other regions. It is also Important to make a demarcation so that plp buy in their respective countries. The replacement policy takes care of that.

So dont worry Quality issues.

6. rejang

rejang Regular Member

In fact in China, one gets many so-called Yonex rackets which are rather cheap but also with "CN" markings. These are maybe 40% cheaper than the same ones in S'pore.
    I think these are not genuine Yonex rackets; I asked the retailers before - they said these are joint venture products manufactured in China under agreement with Yonex....????

7. Chu Pa

Chu Pa Regular Member

That is BS...

Joint venture with Yonex Japan? That is BS. China has so much black market products I wouldn't be surprised if a smaller company copied the YY racquets spec for spec in terms of paint design and shape but lacking the proper weight of genuine YY racquets.

8. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

I am not so sure abt Quality of Yonex rackets from China!When my friend went on a holiday i told her to look for a carlton Ab 2000. She found one for Rs700/-. I have used it extensively and till date i dont see anything wrong with that racket. It is unfortunately with someone in Canada(not sold).

So i wouuld not rate all Chinese rackets if they are underpriced as Bad but then u can always look for tell tale things to determine their genuinity.

As to Sp non Sp i personally think that my Non sp Slim 10 is slightly stiffer and more head lighter(prob 'cause of G3).

9. Sidesurfer

Sidesurfer Regular Member

customer
    Heard that someone got the dealership of Yonex in China, so i think racquets in china will be replace by "CH" model. geeeee..........really big market $_$

10. ASD

ASD Regular Member

d
    racket for China ---CAB20MS for EXP.

racket for China ---CAB20MS for EXP.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

Wow!
    Great pics.
    I didn't know that there was such a thing as "CH" printed on the shafts of the rackets, as in, Carbonex 20 Muscle CH.
    All the while, I thought that the "CH" only appears on the serial numbers at the cone.:eek:

12. jhl

jhl Regular Member

CH

not only on the shaft but also on the cone (in place of PBSI logo).

apparently finishing on CH not up to std of other YY. prices tend to be higher than say SP models. they have not been well received in China.

have not tried so can't comment on playability but probably something to consider only as part of a collection (get CN/CP first lah).
    ;)