User Tag List

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 154 to 170 of 211
  1. #154
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    2,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post

    LCW is a good player, i never doubt of abt it. But the mentality is weak. U might said he is under pressure, 26 million ppl of malaysia put their hope on him. But think of LD. How much ppl behind LD? And why LD can perform extremely well in that game?
    LD had the burden shared between Fu HF/Cai Y and Du Jing/Yu Yang for gold medal quest...

  2. #155
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,015
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    LD had the burden shared between Fu HF/Cai Y and Du Jing/Yu Yang for gold medal quest...
    + an assured gold in WS. + many more China althetes to "share the burden" in the quest for gold & won 51 for China. + LCW medal was to be the only medal for Msia, his quest was for the 1st gold ever.

  3. #156
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    LD had the burden shared between Fu HF/Cai Y and Du Jing/Yu Yang for gold medal quest...
    i beg to differ. Fu/Cai's hope were for the 4th gold, and gao ling/zhengbo's hope were for the 5th gold. not a shared burden with LD. When they lost, LD's pressure went up big time, twice, because now HE HAS TO win gold to maintain 3 golds as promised by LYB to the big wigs. This is on top of pressure put on by 1.3 billion chineses. Just imagine all the 'why LD lost' and 'LYB is a ___' threads if LD did not win gold.
    Last edited by cooler; 08-27-2008 at 08:40 PM.

  4. #157
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,948
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    where`s bananakid??
    let him join the party here..if its ok.

  5. #158
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    Depends on how and what is the standard of the Bcers' mind when reading other ppl's post. DO NOT SIMPLY USE THE WORD SUCH AS 'USELESS'.

    I want to ask you if you are really LCW's fan. Give me your opinion on the defeat tamely to Lin Dan in the final game at Beijing.

    LCW is a good player, i never doubt of abt it. But the mentality is weak. U might said he is under pressure, 26 million ppl of malaysia put their hope on him. But think of LD. How much ppl behind LD? And why LD can perform extremely well in that game?


    What's wrong with using the word,'USELESS'? It's useless when a comment does not add value to the discussion but that shouldn't mean the comment cannot appear here.Many of your posts are 'useless' but why should you let my opinion of your posts disturb you?
    Let's take your unceasing criticism of LCW and Misbun.It's a breakthrough achievement on the part of LCW to win an OG silver. Public recognition of that feat,and the incredible talent, effort and sacrifice that must have been put through by LCW and Misbun,is expected,decent and justified. The fact that LCW lost badly to LD does not negate his greatest reach to date.Do not confuse that with the MSF disappointment felt by fans.(And 'Datuk' is such a common title nowadays.)
    Actually, what LCW got is less that what Spore's table tennis women's team got.As you may be aware, Spore also won a breakthrough silver(after 48? years!) Our TT women achieve celebrity status, more money than LCW and will also be awarded the "Datuk' equivalent for the glory they brought to Spore.And in Spore, we appreciate their gutsy feat even though they can't even speak a word of the national language.(Your LCW is amazingly trilingual)

    Your lack of appreciation of what LCW and Misbun has brought to your country appals me.If you had gone through 10% of their tough journey, you would probably be in awe of them.I don't know much of you but your comments betray a person who probably has achieved very little in life to date yet has such arrogance you cannot appreciate greatness.

  6. #159
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    penang or kl, malaysia
    Posts
    218
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkpuncheryfic View Post
    He totally deserves the title ok? If you want to complain so much, why don't YOU yourself try playing against the world no.1, lin dan of china. It's not easy getting this kind of title. I mean like, seriously. What's wrong with getting that title when he definitely deserves it.

    You mean you didn't feel any anxiety while watching the match? Or you didn't support Lee Chong Wei during the Gold Medal Match? If you chose to deny it, I still wouldn't believe that you didn't even have an inch of that gan cheong feeling when he was about to play or when he was playing.

    Tell me, why doesn't he deserve the datukship? You mean, you're worthier than him?

    Or you think people like Michelle Yeoh deserves this title more than Lee Chong Wei? I do think she deserves the title. But what I don't understand is all this negative talk about Lee Chong Wei and his datukship. Michelle Yeoh is a fantastic and marvelous actress. However, I honestly think acting is much much (I repeat) MUCH easier than playing badminton. When you act, you can afford to make mistakes because after making one, all you have to do is retake that specific scene. But for playing a sport like badminton, you can't afford to make any mistakes as it will jeopardize a player's entire score.

    If you can give me a better reason besides 'Yap Kim Hock and Cheah Soon Kit didn't get the datuk title although they managed to get a silver medal' I'd definitely listen to your opinions. (Please defend yourself by trying to use better english. I know my english isn't that good, but I know that I can spell 'fans' as F A N S and not F A N Z!)

    I find it unfair (i'm not biased ok?) they didn't get a datuk title but you should bring a few matters into consideration.

    Like for instance, if Siti Nurhaliza started her whole music career in a group of five, you don't expect the goverment to give EVERY SINGLE member of the group a datuk title right? The same thing goes for Yap Kim Hock and Cheah Soon Kit. Takan both players get a Datukship titile right? It wouldn't feel that right.

    I know you're wondering, Lee Chong Wei AND Misbun Sidek got that title. But think about it, Misbun Sidek contributed SO MUCH into making Lee Chong Wei World No. 2.

    And if they were to give the title to Yap Kim Hock and Cheah Soon Kit, then they'd have to give the exact same title to their coach (whoever it may be). Then title will then be less meaningful because it's divided into three!

    Another thing is that Olympics now and Olympics back then is very different. Now it is much more competitive compared to back then. And also, it's good to celebrate by giving him a datukship because we haven't gotten a medal in the Olympics in 12 years!

    Imagine this.

    Your sibling got a medal when he/she was four. Many many many years have passed, and that sibling of yours failed to get a medal, there's still a little bit of hope that he/she will come back from a competition, smiling as he/she recieved a medal. And when he/she turns sixteen, he/she comes back with a silver medal!!! Tell me you won't celebrate, and I will start quoting Bible verses at you about lying being a sin.

    This datukship is a way to thank him for working so hard for his country. Judging by the way you (the people who claims DATUK Lee Chong Wei doesn't deserve the title) speak, please step forward and make your country proud!

    Dato Asbullah
    RevoWithin
    and the rest of you who don't support DATUK Lee Chong Wei and his title,

    please contact me through my profile on this forum and you can sabo and insult me like a mad bull when you come back with a datukship. and this time, it won't be a title because you got a silver medal. and it also won't be because you won a GOLD medal. but you'd get the datuk title because you got 9 gold medals in the London Olympics 2012! Wohoooo!!
    we will see how chong wei perform after he got the datukship.

    if he still excel, then good, i'm proud of him !
    if he wan senang senang life...and screw up his career...then .. we will need another "chong wei"

  7. #160
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,948
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    pinkpuncheryfic , welcome to the forum and u come here with a bang!!

  8. #161
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,332
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkpuncheryfic View Post
    [...]...please contact me through my profile on this forum and you can sabo and insult me like a mad bull...[...]
    There's really no reason to get so worked up, pinkpuncheryfic

    And, er, I'm trying my best to figure out how a mad bull manages to insult people

  9. #162
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,353
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    What's wrong with using the word,'USELESS'? It's useless when a comment does not add value to the discussion but that shouldn't mean the comment cannot appear here.Many of your posts are 'useless' but why should you let my opinion of your posts disturb you?
    Let's take your unceasing criticism of LCW and Misbun.It's a breakthrough achievement on the part of LCW to win an OG silver. Public recognition of that feat,and the incredible talent, effort and sacrifice that must have been put through by LCW and Misbun,is expected,decent and justified. The fact that LCW lost badly to LD does not negate his greatest reach to date.Do not confuse that with the MSF disappointment felt by fans.(And 'Datuk' is such a common title nowadays.)
    Actually, what LCW got is less that what Spore's table tennis women's team got.As you may be aware, Spore also won a breakthrough silver(after 48? years!) Our TT women achieve celebrity status, more money than LCW and will also be awarded the "Datuk' equivalent for the glory they brought to Spore.And in Spore, we appreciate their gutsy feat even though they can't even speak a word of the national language.(Your LCW is amazingly trilingual)

    Your lack of appreciation of what LCW and Misbun has brought to your country appals me.If you had gone through 10% of their tough journey, you would probably be in awe of them.I don't know much of you but your comments betray a person who probably has achieved very little in life to date yet has such arrogance you cannot appreciate greatness.
    First of all, Singapore and Malaysia are different country with different approach, different style.

    When Singapore won that silver medal (By FT from China), it's up to the Singapore Authority to recognise and show the appreciation on the hard-working of those FT that bring and give a chance for the singapore's flag rise and Singapore National Anthem to be played in Beijing Olympic Stadium. It is a great honour for Singapore and her country people for the achievement. I dont even bother abt it.It is none of my business simply because i am not Singaporean.

    But when you talking abt mas, i am very concern abt it coz i am malaysian.

    You claim that Datuk-ship is easy to get nowadays in malaysia. If it is like that, go and get one for yourself.

    When i saying that LCW is not worth being conferred Datuk-ship, it doesnt mean that i am not appreciate what he have done for mas badminton sport and for our country. It's the matter of suitable or not.

    When you are silver medalist, means that you are in 2nd place. In that final match, you are a looser. If it is like that, what to celebrate? for being a looser?

    If silver medalist can get Datuk-ship, what abt being Cahmpion? Mohd. Hafiz Hashim won the ALL ENGLAND CHAMPIONSHIP in year 2003. Why he didnt get his Datuk-ship? Koo Kien Keat/ Tan Boon Heong did superbly in the year 2007. Why they are not given the title of Datuk? Yap Kim Hock/ Cheah Soon Kit also won that Silver Medalist. And Cheah Soon kit also a key player in the Thomas Cup 1992 Edition. Cheah is more suitable candidates to be given Datuk-ship than 'Datuk' LCW, if we are looking at the glory and achievements by the respective players as mention.

    Please go to the library to find the old newspaper, select the old newspaper and start read from 09 March 2008 UNTIL 27 August 2008 and you will not why i am saying that LCW Datukship is a joke.

  10. #163
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,353
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    I wonder what sort of privileges does a datuk get? Invitations to official functions, donations to special causes ....???
    Quote Originally Posted by vching View Post
    I don't think you should put too much weight on a Datuk title. Its worthless these days.... Maybe not worthless, nut can sell one for several thousand Ringgit...

    Now arr, you find 10 people in Malaysia 8 of them might be Datuks. A worthless title. Just put your first name as Datuk. No one will even know the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia_txh View Post
    Nowadays,datukship's value has decrease..I think over 50 ppl was awarded datukship every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post
    Dato'< Datuk < Datuk Seri< Tan Sri < Tun

    Dato' is a unlimited number award. Datuk and above is a limited number award to to be given at a certain time limit. ( I stand to be corrected)

    In my humble opinion Tan Sri and Tun are really prestigious award and their numbers are very few. There are so many dato', Datuk and Datuk seri walking around in malaysia especially Dato'

    As someone mention earlier if you are willing to "part with" one time fee RM100,000 and contribute RM5000 and above annually during the sultan's birthday you are a Dato'. ( I have heard about this "market price" a few years back, now I am not so sure).

    In my humble opinion who you really are as a person carry much more weight than this title.

    For example, my Idol Malaysian tycoon Mr Robert Kuok is not even a Dato' but he is so much respected by and well connected with many head of governments in this region. He is the richest man and most successful Malaysian business man for probably more than half a decade in Malaysia. I think he just don't want this title.
    Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    Mr Robert Kuok is a smart guy. He always remains neutral and at the same time thinks that title will not do him any good. I've known many people who deserves the title Datuk etc... but opt not to get it. Reason is simple, those titles attracts more problems than benefits. And furthermore the true Value of the title has dropped significantly. Anyway when you are rich and successful, titles doesnt mean anything at all. People respect you by your integrity and character.. not Title.

    To be fair to those who have titles... i know also some of them truly deserve it. And many who does deserve it and have their titles given keep low profile actually.
    Datuk-ship still has its value in Malaysia nowadays. But different race, different things. A Chinese Datuk and Indian's Datuk maybe do not have ''practical function''., and are only being chop as the rich man and force to give donation to various party. But different with a Malay Datuk, so many things and priviledges...(it might touches politics issue and race issue that are not allowed in BC)

    That's why Mr. Robert Kuok (A chinese entrepreneur) denied to be conferred the Datuk title.

  11. #164
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,948
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    whatever it is, the DATUKSHIP had been given to lee chong wei..
    the decision is final..
    if we argue here also there will be no changes..
    thats it..

  12. #165
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brisbane!
    Posts
    4,751
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default you're excused

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkpuncheryfic View Post
    He totally deserves the title ok? If you want to complain so much, why don't YOU yourself try playing against the world no.1, lin dan of china. It's not easy getting this kind of title. I mean like, seriously. What's wrong with getting that title when he definitely deserves it.

    You mean you didn't feel any anxiety while watching the match? Or you didn't support Lee Chong Wei during the Gold Medal Match? If you chose to deny it, I still wouldn't believe that you didn't even have an inch of that gan cheong feeling when he was about to play or when he was playing.

    Tell me, why doesn't he deserve the datukship? You mean, you're worthier than him?

    Or you think people like Michelle Yeoh deserves this title more than Lee Chong Wei? I do think she deserves the title. But what I don't understand is all this negative talk about Lee Chong Wei and his datukship. Michelle Yeoh is a fantastic and marvelous actress. However, I honestly think acting is much much (I repeat) MUCH easier than playing badminton. When you act, you can afford to make mistakes because after making one, all you have to do is retake that specific scene. But for playing a sport like badminton, you can't afford to make any mistakes as it will jeopardize a player's entire score.

    If you can give me a better reason besides 'Yap Kim Hock and Cheah Soon Kit didn't get the datuk title although they managed to get a silver medal' I'd definitely listen to your opinions. (Please defend yourself by trying to use better english. I know my english isn't that good, but I know that I can spell 'fans' as F A N S and not F A N Z!)

    I find it unfair (i'm not biased ok?) they didn't get a datuk title but you should bring a few matters into consideration.

    Like for instance, if Siti Nurhaliza started her whole music career in a group of five, you don't expect the goverment to give EVERY SINGLE member of the group a datuk title right? The same thing goes for Yap Kim Hock and Cheah Soon Kit. Takan both players get a Datukship titile right? It wouldn't feel that right.

    I know you're wondering, Lee Chong Wei AND Misbun Sidek got that title. But think about it, Misbun Sidek contributed SO MUCH into making Lee Chong Wei World No. 2.

    And if they were to give the title to Yap Kim Hock and Cheah Soon Kit, then they'd have to give the exact same title to their coach (whoever it may be). Then title will then be less meaningful because it's divided into three!

    Another thing is that Olympics now and Olympics back then is very different. Now it is much more competitive compared to back then. And also, it's good to celebrate by giving him a datukship because we haven't gotten a medal in the Olympics in 12 years!

    Imagine this.

    Your sibling got a medal when he/she was four. Many many many years have passed, and that sibling of yours failed to get a medal, there's still a little bit of hope that he/she will come back from a competition, smiling as he/she recieved a medal. And when he/she turns sixteen, he/she comes back with a silver medal!!! Tell me you won't celebrate, and I will start quoting Bible verses at you about lying being a sin.

    This datukship is a way to thank him for working so hard for his country. Judging by the way you (the people who claims DATUK Lee Chong Wei doesn't deserve the title) speak, please step forward and make your country proud!

    Dato Asbullah
    RevoWithin
    and the rest of you who don't support DATUK Lee Chong Wei and his title,

    please contact me through my profile on this forum and you can sabo and insult me like a mad bull when you come back with a datukship. and this time, it won't be a title because you got a silver medal. and it also won't be because you won a GOLD medal. but you'd get the datuk title because you got 9 gold medals in the London Olympics 2012! Wohoooo!!
    I maintain that LCW should not be awarded. Reason 1. The Datukship award given was made under heavy political overtones. Reason 2. Coming second in a major event should not warrant a datukship. Reason 3. LCW's career is not over.

    Not fair to compare it to Datuk Michelle Yeoh. 1. No political overtones. 2. She became a superstar worldwide, acting in many many many sucessful roles. 3. Datuk Yeoh's career is effectively over, if it is not, she is only taking roles spardically.

    No one denies LCW's skill. Obviously, being the world number1 and reaching the finals of he Olympics is no mean feat. No one is taking anything away from his win. But his datukship is not justified. Datukships should not be awarded as spoils of war, more so if the award was made for obvious political reasons.

    I don't get your point on the Cheah Soon Kit/Yap Kim Hock. So just because they were a doubles pair they cannot get datukship? What kind of bullsh*t is that? Doubles players don't work as hard as singles? Doubles badminton is inferior to singles badminton? A singles silver medal is not equal to a doubles silver medal?

    You then talk about splitting the Datuk three ways instead of two ways. That got me cracking. Friend, do you know how many hundred Datuk titles are awarded every year? Whats wrong with giving one more Datuk?


    Call Lee Datuk all you want, in my mind he is not a Datuk. I will not call him that.

    But in the end, it all comes down to... I consider Datukships as worthless. I give little or no weight to Datukships. My grandfather is my Datuk. My grandmother is my Datin. My family are my Tan Sris and Tuns. The other so called Datuk, Tan Sris, Tuns, I consider with a pinch of salt, knowing how easy buying a title in Malaysia is.

    Oh, and I think my brother is a bigger Datuk Wira than a certain Malaccan ex MB.

  13. #166
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,353
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    pinkpuncheryfic maybe is LCW's himself, or his bro or siblings.....

  14. #167
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    penang or kl, malaysia
    Posts
    218
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    whatever it is, the DATUKSHIP had been given to lee chong wei..
    the decision is final..
    if we argue here also there will be no changes..
    thats it..
    VERY TRUE !
    no need argue la !

  15. #168
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,353
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thread Closed??

  16. #169
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Datuk Yes...But later

    Chong Wei deserves to be recognised but not a Datukship at this age. A better way to reward young sportmen/sportwomen Datukship is to wait till he/she is older, perhaps when these sport personalities reach the age of 40 and above. Even Chong Wei finds it hard to respond to people calling him Datuk and humbly requested to be Chong Wei.

  17. #170
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    johor bahru
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by CHC7576 View Post
    Chong Wei deserves to be recognised but not a Datukship at this age. A better way to reward young sportmen/sportwomen Datukship is to wait till he/she is older, perhaps when these sport personalities reach the age of 40 and above. Even Chong Wei finds it hard to respond to people calling him Datuk and humbly requested to be Chong Wei.
    Is this Datuk Asbullah related to the malaysian TV sport presenter Hasbullah Awang? Or ...........................

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1675
    : 09-29-2014, 06:11 AM
  2. Datuk Lee Chong Wei Missing Link - World and Olympic Title
    By shooting stroke in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 81
    : 07-29-2012, 03:19 AM
  3. Who can replace Datuk Lee Chong Wei
    By shooting stroke in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 140
    : 05-29-2012, 09:51 PM
  4. Replies: 25
    : 09-04-2011, 12:49 PM
  5. Lee Chong Wei Out To Defend Abc Title
    By Syaoran_Style in forum Asian Continental Championships 2007
    Replies: 25
    : 04-01-2007, 08:13 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •