User Tag List

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 86 to 102 of 211
  1. #86
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,440
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post
    I beg to differ with you. Silver medalist is not a loser. Silver medalist can still be a hero. In my opinion, LCW is national hero that fought hard to to win honour for the country. He fail to win gold medal but he will be remember as a sportman that inching towards the peak in this OG. He is my hero.

    The point is LCW should not be conferred a datukship this early. He is probably just half way through his professional badminton career and he still has a lot of mountains to climb.
    Silver Medalist or Bronze are not a loser...I wish INA MS could take any Bronze..sigh!

    If Silvermedalist is a loser then Cai/Fu , XXF as well as Nova/Butet are losers....which are not true....
    Alan Y....Be careful what you said here....remember that you were so confident that CHN would win more than 3 gold medals ( you said if not, you would eat your head..)....now do you think LYB is a loser by not winning all 5 Gold medals....thats not the way to measure the success....

  2. #87
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,013
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    is there a citizen award that is higher than datuk?
    sure -> Tan Sri, Tun. I'm not sure if Datuk Seri is more prestegious than Datuk.

  3. #88
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    sure -> Tan Sri, Tun.

    i see. Then datuk is a silver equivalent


    I'm not sure if Datuk Seri is more prestegious than Datuk.
    ya, too many awards floating around...
    Maybe datuk seri is a almost gold award like if LCW lost to LD in a close 3 set match, he would have gotten the datuk seri award
    hey, i'm just an outsider looking in

    ...........................

  4. #89
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jakarta, Stockton on Tees
    Posts
    624
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How bout Dato Asbullah?? Where did he get his??? hahahahaha

    then for us it should be Raden Mas Markis Kido and Raden Mas Hendra Setiawan

  5. #90
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Aiyah, seem like everyone want a piece of datuk too
    --------------------------------------------------------------

    LIKE MISBUN, I TOO SACRIFICE FOR THE NATION, SAYS WIFE
    By Zulhilmi Supaat Bernama - 2 hours 29 minutes agoKUALA LUMPUR, Aug 21 (Bernama) -- Each time national men's singles badminton coach Misbun Sidek is away to accompany his charge Lee Chong Wei on international tournament, Misbun's wife Latifah Sidek will be alone at home.

    At times, being alone is difficult, more so due to her failing health.

    But for Latifah, letting her husband go and bearing the pain alone is a form of sacrifice for the nation.

    "When Lee Chong Wei was playing in the semi-final in the Olympic Games, I was in pain. My blood pressure was rising. But my husband at that time was in Beijing; so I had to face the pain alone.

    "Like my husband, I too want to sacrifice for the country," she said when met here.

    Latifah, 45, is undergoing a twice-weekly treatment at a dialysis centre here, costing RM3,000 a month.

    She said she had accepted the fact that her husband would not always be by her side.

  6. #91
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,440
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    Aiyah, seem like everyone want a piece of datuk too
    --------------------------------------------------------------

    LIKE MISBUN, I TOO SACRIFICE FOR THE NATION, SAYS WIFE
    By Zulhilmi Supaat Bernama - 2 hours 29 minutes agoKUALA LUMPUR, Aug 21 (Bernama) -- Each time national men's singles badminton coach Misbun Sidek is away to accompany his charge Lee Chong Wei on international tournament, Misbun's wife Latifah Sidek will be alone at home.

    At times, being alone is difficult, more so due to her failing health.

    But for Latifah, letting her husband go and bearing the pain alone is a form of sacrifice for the nation.

    "When Lee Chong Wei was playing in the semi-final in the Olympic Games, I was in pain. My blood pressure was rising. But my husband at that time was in Beijing; so I had to face the pain alone.

    "Like my husband, I too want to sacrifice for the country," she said when met here.

    Latifah, 45, is undergoing a twice-weekly treatment at a dialysis centre here, costing RM3,000 a month.

    She said she had accepted the fact that her husband would not always be by her side.
    I think You should demand that too? it will be cool as Datuk Cooler...

  7. #92
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    I think You should demand that too? it will be cool as Datuk Cooler...
    i can't i'm not a malaysian plus i'm aiming for a 'Tun'

  8. #93
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,918
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    i can't i'm not a malaysian plus i'm aiming for a 'Tun'
    does the Queen grant "Sir" to Canadians also?

  9. #94
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, but Canadian Constitution no longer allows a Canadian Citizen to receive a foreign title.

    Conrad Black had to renounce his Canadian Citizenship in order to receive knighthood from the Queen.

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    does the Queen grant "Sir" to Canadians also?

  10. #95
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yes, peter beat me to this..
    --------------------------------------------
    Conrad becomes Lord Black of Crossharbour

    Life was sweet. That same year, the British government moved to make him Lord Black. This elicited strong opposition from Prime Minister Jean Chrétien who pointed to the Nickle Resolution of 1919, which ruled that foreign governments could not grant honours to Canadians that carry a title or privilege. Black challenged the ruling unsuccessfully in court. Determined to get his title, Black renounced his Canadian citizenship and was officially inducted into the British House of Lords as Lord Black of Crossharbour on Oct. 31, 2001. Crossharbour is the name of a neighbourhood as well as a subway stop on the Docklands light railway, near the Daily Telegraph building
    ---------------

    Now Conrad Black want to be a Canadian again


    Conrad Black wants to be Canadian again
    Comments (81)
    Tuesday, September 26, 2006 | 09:22 AM ET
    Conrad Black, the former media baron who famously renounced his Canadian citizenship to become a British lord, is working to regain his citizenship.
    Last edited by cooler; 08-21-2008 at 02:27 PM.

  11. #96
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Planet of Lords
    Posts
    7,837
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LCW should be braved enouff to publicly emphasized that he does not want the Datukship title and advised the Sultan to reserve it to others.
    However, i do not think he will do that... Otherwise, we will be seeing news like "LCW went missing.. Being protected by our Police and hiding himself at neighbouring country" - that's the consequences if you against any politician's will in this country

  12. #97
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,440
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samuel882 View Post
    LCW should be braved enouff to publicly emphasized that he does not want the Datukship title and advised the Sultan to reserve it to others.
    However, i do not think he will do that... Otherwise, we will be seeing news like "LCW went missing.. Being protected by our Police and hiding himself at neighbouring country" - that's the consequences if you against any politician's will in this country
    Are you serious? thats really scary........hm..may be LCW should negotiate with higher titles as well...

  13. #98
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bukit Jalil
    Posts
    227
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    According to BWF website, LCW is now ranked at No. 1....

    http://www.internationalbadminton.or...ng_ms.asp?id=1

  14. #99
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmnoor View Post
    According to BWF website, LCW is now ranked at No. 1....

    http://www.internationalbadminton.or...ng_ms.asp?id=1
    then lcw should demand the title datuk sri

  15. #100
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brisbane!
    Posts
    4,751
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    Are you serious? thats really scary........hm..may be LCW should negotiate with higher titles as well...
    This is the sad state of Malaysia. We are even worse than when Suharto was at his worse.

    I feel so ashamed to be a Malaysian now. The only way out is to kick the present government out and follow the lead of Indonesia when it kicked Suharto out...


  16. #101
    Regular Member Sgbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,513
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is it true that lcw is world number 1 now?

  17. #102
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Give LCW the Datuk title now will be the start of his downfall.

    My 2sen.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1651
    : 08-18-2014, 06:55 AM
  2. Datuk Lee Chong Wei Missing Link - World and Olympic Title
    By shooting stroke in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 81
    : 07-29-2012, 03:19 AM
  3. Who can replace Datuk Lee Chong Wei
    By shooting stroke in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 140
    : 05-29-2012, 09:51 PM
  4. Replies: 25
    : 09-04-2011, 12:49 PM
  5. Lee Chong Wei Out To Defend Abc Title
    By Syaoran_Style in forum Asian Continental Championships 2007
    Replies: 25
    : 04-01-2007, 08:13 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •