User Tag List

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vching, my bro (if I can call you that) calm down, I counted 13 in your post. When I read the news, I was laughing so hard I almost fell off my chair.

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    BTW,maybe the last thing anyone should travel on is an RMAF or private plane.It's not the safest mode of air travel.(One high flying Spore CEO died in an air crash as an unofficial guest of INA Air Force recently.)
    Yikes, now you mentioned it, the Sports Minister was also in the plane, hehehe .

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    I can't understand the fuss about a Datuk title. .......
    But LCW getting ambushed for political purposes is silly. Did they really think he can pull in votes? In any case, it's important that LCW lets them know that every time he gets sidetracked politically,it can cost him a badminton title.That's a high price to pay.So if he doesn't know how to say 'No', maybe he can try and make the distractor decide by asking them,'Do you want me to win a badminton title or be part of your roadshow?' That would make them responsible for LCW's badminton outcome.

The fuss in the media was because of the political overtunes, errr the politicians made a fuss. ANd just so happen, LCW's home state is runned by opposition party.

And yup, LCW did say something it seems, although the Deputy Prime Minister (2nd man in Msia after Prime Minister) was part of the scheme too. LCW's older bro was pissed too, I heard the bro pleaded with the media & politicians not to invite LCW to grace this event & that event. Basically to respect LCW's privacy & let him have his rest & training in peace.

Wondered what Misbun said to those politicians, if it was Rexy, he would have blown his top 10 times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Several days ago, I saw Sutiyoso appeared in an TV ad about. Basically, he stated that Indonesia has potential to rise from crisis and became a great country.
    Strange thing, in the ad, he featured MK/HS gold medal moments...

FYI, Sutiyoso nominated himself in the upcoming 2009 INA Presidential GE...

Do you smell MK/HS being exploited for his political ambition here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    is there a citizen award that is higher than datuk?
    Dato'< Datuk < Datuk Seri< Tan Sri < Tun

Dato' is a unlimited number award. Datuk and above is a limited number award to to be given at a certain time limit. ( I stand to be corrected)

In my humble opinion Tan Sri and Tun are really prestigious award and their numbers are very few. There are so many dato', Datuk and Datuk seri walking around in malaysia especially Dato'

As someone mention earlier if you are willing to "part with" one time fee RM100,000 and contribute RM5000 and above annually during the sultan's birthday you are a Dato'. ( I have heard about this "market price" a few years back, now I am not so sure).

In my humble opinion who you really are as a person carry much more weight than this title.

For example, my Idol Malaysian tycoon Mr Robert Kuok is not even a Dato' but he is so much respected by and well connected with many head of governments in this region. He is the richest man and most successful Malaysian business man for probably more than half a decade in Malaysia. I think he just don't want this title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i never realised there was a distinction between Dato' and Datuk.
    in any case, who really cares?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post
    Dato'< Datuk < Datuk Seri< Tan Sri < Tun

Dato' is a unlimited number award. Datuk and above is a limited number award to to be given at a certain time limit. ( I stand to be corrected)

In my humble opinion Tan Sri and Tun are really prestigious award and their numbers are very few. There are so many dato', Datuk and Datuk seri walking around in malaysia especially Dato'

As someone mention earlier if you are willing to "part with" one time fee RM100,000 and contribute RM5000 and above annually during the sultan's birthday you are a Dato'. ( I have heard about this "market price" a few years back, now I am not so sure).

In my humble opinion who you really are as a person carry much more weight than this title.

For example, my Idol Malaysian tycoon Mr Robert Kuok is not even a Dato' but he is so much respected by and well connected with many head of governments in this region. He is the richest man and most successful Malaysian business man for probably more than half a decade in Malaysia. I think he just don't want this title.

Mr Robert Kuok is a smart guy. He always remains neutral and at the same time thinks that title will not do him any good. I've known many people who deserves the title Datuk etc... but opt not to get it. Reason is simple, those titles attracts more problems than benefits. And furthermore the true Value of the title has dropped significantly. Anyway when you are rich and successful, titles doesnt mean anything at all. People respect you by your integrity and character.. not Title.

To be fair to those who have titles... i know also some of them truly deserve it. And many who does deserve it and have their titles given keep low profile actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just can say i hate politics
    i try not to care about politics in my day life
    i am big fan of badminton and why??why are these politics interrupted in my day life again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Vching, my bro (if I can call you that) calm down, I counted 13 in your post. When I read the news, I was laughing so hard I almost fell off my chair.
    Hmm... what to call you

Abang/kak helang?

I rarely use the but this is one of the few times I feel very very angry.

PS: My letter got published (http://www.malaysiakini.com/letters/88341) yay me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Lcw officially bn member...?Not yet rightso,cool down,fellows.hes not attending a political party ceremony.Like Republican has never brought jones to their ceremony

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vching View Post
    Hmm... what to call you

Abang/kak helang?

Yeah me knows Victor, I read your letter in malaysia kini, the points were hmmm repeated 3 times, . If it was sent to mainstream media, it wouldnt get publised. But good writing, keep it up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW boleh!!! Malaysia Boleh!!!

LCW deserves his datuk title!!! Now go and defend your Japan Open title!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am glad that LCW is awarded with Datuk. He is deserved to be given this title as he is the only one who have ensured the medal for Malaysia after 12 years of waiting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am proud that LCW is the world no.1 now. Taniah LCW!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tekken View Post
    LCW boleh!!! Malaysia Boleh!!!

LCW deserves his datuk title!!! Now go and defend your Japan Open title!!!
    i think they're gonna overwork that lcw.
    -----------------------------------------------
    CHONG WEI TO UNDER RIGOROUS PHYSICAL TRAINING FOR JAPAN OPEN
    By Zulhilmi Supaat Bernama
    - Friday, August 22KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 22 (Bernama) --

Although Lee Chong Wei will be conferred a 'Datukship' next Saturday, the national badminton champion will not be accorded VIP treatment when on court.

He is now preparing to defend his title at the Japan Open Super Series next month with rigorous physical training.

Coach Misbun Sidek said Chong Wei would undergo rigorous training to build up his physical strength following his defeat to Lin Dan of China in the men's singles in the Beijing Olympics.

"From my initial analysis, Lin Dan's physical strength in the final match was obvious," he told Bernama today.

He said Chong Wei would have to train vigorously to be on par with Lin Dan.

The Japan Open Super Series will be held from Sept 16 to 21.

Last year, Chong Wei beat Indonesia's Taufik Hidayat 22-20, 19-21, 21-19 to lift the title after defeating Lin Dan 21-19, 21-15 in the semi-finals.

Misbun said Lin Dan began building up his physical strength after the Indonesian Open in June.

"Chong Wei also said his opponent's smashes were very strong," he added.

Chong Wei was beaten 12-21, 8-21 by Lin Dan in the men's singles in Beijing on Sunday.

-- BERNAMA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Datin Wong Mei Choo

Quote Originally Posted by reiko80 View Post
    Congratulation For Our Hero Lcw For Getting Datuk Title.....hehehehe:d:d:d:d:d
    Wow !!.. err but if Dato Lee CW married Wong MC,can Mei Choo automatically be Datin ?? Who knows Datuk & Datin might pair in XD. Em.. that time during rally, commentator just address them as their title e:g "Oh Datin drop & Datuk smash" !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Yeah me knows Victor, I read your letter in malaysia kini, the points were hmmm repeated 3 times, . If it was sent to mainstream media, it wouldnt get publised. But good writing, keep it up!
    The power of rhetoric.

It can win Presidencies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vching View Post
    Hmm... what to call you

Abang/kak helang?

Very well written letter. I agree totally. When LCW went to Beijing, he represented Malaysia and not BN. It was the Malaysia's flag raised during the victory ceremony, not BN's.

This is the sad state of our country. We are in a state of gutter politics because politicians are willing to do anything to manipulate and deceive. They are playing all kinds of racial game to divide us into malays, chinese, indians and etc. And this is where Malaysia Boleh was coined. The intention is to pull the wool over our eyes - when everything is getting worst from public service, education, health care, crime rate, sports etc etc.

I have said it earlier giving a Datuk to LCW now is too soon. When he retires yes. Not now. Our state awards should have some kind of credibility. This datuk title will be the downfall of LCW because it is given out too soon.

I hope the folks in Permatang Pauh will not be fooled by the Malaysia Boleh nonsense and send the right man into Parliament.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    Is Lcw officially bn member...?Not yet rightso,cool down,fellows.hes not attending a political party ceremony.Like Republican has never brought jones to their ceremony
    In BN, there are the members. There are lackeys. And there are also pawns and LCW, I am afraid is in this category.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast