User Tag List

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 137 to 153 of 211
  1. #137
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default more datuk handouts

    MISBUN SIDEK MADE DATUK BY MELAKA
    Bernama - Monday, August 25BUKIT MERTAJAM, Aug 24 (Bernama) -- National badminton coach, Misbun Sidek, was today awarded the Darjah Mulia Seri Melaka (DMSM) that carries the title of 'Datuk' in recognition of his services to make the country renowned for the sport.

    Melaka Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Rustam announced that the award would be bestowed on Misbun this Thursday by Melaka Yang Dipertua Negeri, Tun Mohd Khalil Yaakob, at Istana Melaka.

    Speaking to reporters after visiting the Barisan Nasional (BN) operations centre at Mengkuang Titi here, Mohd Ali said Misbun's contributions to the country were great as he not only successfully trained Lee Chong Wei to win a silver medal at the Beijing Olympics but had himself tasted victory as a national badminton player.

    "We waited many years to get this medal and after discussing with the Yang Dipertua Negeri he agreed to the award," he said.

    Mohd Ali said among championships that Misbun won were the German Open, the Sweden Open, the Canada Open, the Malaysia Open, the Taiwan Open and the Singapore Open.

    He said Misbun was also national champion seven times and was picked as the best coach

    -- BERNAMA

    ---------------------------------
    although i agreed with this award but i view it as an after thought.
    Misbun should have been awarded at the same time as lcw, not after complaints from his wife
    Last edited by cooler; 08-24-2008 at 02:51 PM.

  2. #138
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    2008/08/24

    Shuttler's focus on Japan Open


    KUALA LUMPUR: Fresh from his Olympic outing, Lee Chong Wei who won a silver medal in the badminton singles, wants to put behind the episode of "being used" as a political pawn and concentrate on training to prepare for the Japan Open which begins on Sept 13.

    Speaking to reporters after meeting DAP secretary-general Lim Guan Eng at the sidelines of the party national congress here, Chong Wei said he was surprised over the attention he received since returning home early this week.

    "Even my coach has commented that I am attending too many functions. I am also worried that after all the attention, I would be criticised if I do not perform at the Japan Open. I just want to focus on my badminton training," he said.

    Chong Wei met the Penang chief minister yesterday to thank him for the datukship award proposed by the state government after his triumph at the Beijing Olympic Games.

    He said he did not want to be involved in political activities, but the events arranged were beyond his control.

    "I am just a sportsman. I hope the people understand this. Although the datukship is an added pressure on me, I would certainly use it to work harder, knowing that there is a lot of expectation of me."

    He added that he had proposed to the Penang government to build a world-class badminton venue to further develop the sport in the state.

    Chong Wei said he decided to meet the Penang chief minister on the sidelines of the DAP congress because the earlier meeting scheduled for last Monday was cancelled. -- Bernama

  3. #139
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    penang or kl, malaysia
    Posts
    218
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    Is Lcw officially bn member...?Not yet rightso,cool down,fellows.hes not attending a political party ceremony.Like Republican has never brought jones to their ceremony
    i think lcw personally support dap, his bro is dap wan. hehe
    lcw hv to go bn there cuz he receiving 300k from gov...
    but lcw insisted he is sportsman b4 he go see mr.lim guang eng. he dun wan himself be "politicised"

  4. #140
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    260
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    too much matters to consider if LCW involve in politics..maybe affect his performance..

  5. #141
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    -indonesia-
    Posts
    400
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I dont agree if LCW be a politician, its not him at all. He is a great athlete so please dont be a politician, because it will annoying his appereance in tournament..

  6. #142
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So now Misbun also got his Datukship......

  7. #143
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Planet of Lords
    Posts
    7,837
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Many polictians in MAS doesnt want the athletes to be excel. They never learn from past mistakes. Look at how Koo/Tan perfomance currently. After they both being "used" for the by-election in Machap.
    I strongly believe LCW will get the same fate as Koo/Tan. Wouldnt be any different

  8. #144
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,011
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yen_saw View Post
    So now Misbun also got his Datukship......
    Yup, another politician decided to jump in the bandwagon & join in, with a Datukship from his state . Dont seem to remember the Sidek brothers being from Melaka.

    Plus, Misbun as the coach gets 20% of what LCW got = RM60,000.

    haha, after what happened to KKK/TBH, LCW knows how to answer, by saying his coach doesnt like it & he'll be critised if he doesnt do well in Japan Open. The politicians should do well to remember how angry Rexy was at ABC 2007

  9. #145
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,349
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Yup, another politician decided to jump in the bandwagon & join in, with a Datukship from his state . Dont seem to remember the Sidek brothers being from Melaka.

    Plus, Misbun as the coach gets 20% of what LCW got = RM60,000.

    haha, after what happened to KKK/TBH, LCW knows how to answer, by saying his coach doesnt like it & he'll be critised if he doesnt do well in Japan Open. The politicians should do well to remember how angry Rexy was at ABC 2007
    Datuk Lee, and then
    Datuk Misbun.

    Why no Datuk-ship for Yap Kim Hock and Cheah Soon Kit? They won that silver medal also.

    And for all the TC1992 PLAYERS ALSO.???

    As an athlete, silver medal means that you are still not the best of the best. Maybe for malaysians, 2nd place is good enough - rather than gets nothing.

    Datuk-ship will lost its value if things like this continue and become meaningless.

    Athlete get silver medal crowned Datuk-ship, ''ASTRANAUTS'' get Datuk-ship etc....

    Maybe KWUN also entitle for the Datuk-ship for his contribution of creating and platform badminton fanz to share our point and view, if he is malaysian.

  10. #146
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    penang or kl, malaysia
    Posts
    218
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    Datuk Lee, and then
    Datuk Misbun.

    Why no Datuk-ship for Yap Kim Hock and Cheah Soon Kit? They won that silver medal also.

    And for all the TC1992 PLAYERS ALSO.???

    As an athlete, silver medal means that you are still not the best of the best. Maybe for malaysians, 2nd place is good enough - rather than gets nothing.

    Datuk-ship will lost its value if things like this continue and become meaningless.

    Athlete get silver medal crowned Datuk-ship, ''ASTRANAUTS'' get Datuk-ship etc....

    Maybe KWUN also entitle for the Datuk-ship for his contribution of creating and platform badminton fanz to share our point and view, if he is malaysian.

    YEA LOR ! stop simply giv datukship !!!!
    especially the assh***-naut !!! spent rakyat 40 billion just to be penumpang to space (forgot 4 or 40 billion). like that also can be dato... !!!!

  11. #147
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,349
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevoWithin View Post
    YEA LOR ! stop simply giv datukship !!!!
    especially the assh***-naut !!! spent rakyat 40 billion just to be penumpang to space (forgot 4 or 40 billion). like that also can be dato... !!!!
    You might get into trouble complaint about Datuk Musapa (the one take space taxi) because of his pangkat.....

  12. #148
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default excuse me?!

    He totally deserves the title ok? If you want to complain so much, why don't YOU yourself try playing against the world no.1, lin dan of china. It's not easy getting this kind of title. I mean like, seriously. What's wrong with getting that title when he definitely deserves it.

    You mean you didn't feel any anxiety while watching the match? Or you didn't support Lee Chong Wei during the Gold Medal Match? If you chose to deny it, I still wouldn't believe that you didn't even have an inch of that gan cheong feeling when he was about to play or when he was playing.

    Tell me, why doesn't he deserve the datukship? You mean, you're worthier than him?

    Or you think people like Michelle Yeoh deserves this title more than Lee Chong Wei? I do think she deserves the title. But what I don't understand is all this negative talk about Lee Chong Wei and his datukship. Michelle Yeoh is a fantastic and marvelous actress. However, I honestly think acting is much much (I repeat) MUCH easier than playing badminton. When you act, you can afford to make mistakes because after making one, all you have to do is retake that specific scene. But for playing a sport like badminton, you can't afford to make any mistakes as it will jeopardize a player's entire score.

    If you can give me a better reason besides 'Yap Kim Hock and Cheah Soon Kit didn't get the datuk title although they managed to get a silver medal' I'd definitely listen to your opinions. (Please defend yourself by trying to use better english. I know my english isn't that good, but I know that I can spell 'fans' as F A N S and not F A N Z!)

    I find it unfair (i'm not biased ok?) they didn't get a datuk title but you should bring a few matters into consideration.

    Like for instance, if Siti Nurhaliza started her whole music career in a group of five, you don't expect the goverment to give EVERY SINGLE member of the group a datuk title right? The same thing goes for Yap Kim Hock and Cheah Soon Kit. Takan both players get a Datukship titile right? It wouldn't feel that right.

    I know you're wondering, Lee Chong Wei AND Misbun Sidek got that title. But think about it, Misbun Sidek contributed SO MUCH into making Lee Chong Wei World No. 2.

    And if they were to give the title to Yap Kim Hock and Cheah Soon Kit, then they'd have to give the exact same title to their coach (whoever it may be). Then title will then be less meaningful because it's divided into three!

    Another thing is that Olympics now and Olympics back then is very different. Now it is much more competitive compared to back then. And also, it's good to celebrate by giving him a datukship because we haven't gotten a medal in the Olympics in 12 years!

    Imagine this.

    Your sibling got a medal when he/she was four. Many many many years have passed, and that sibling of yours failed to get a medal, there's still a little bit of hope that he/she will come back from a competition, smiling as he/she recieved a medal. And when he/she turns sixteen, he/she comes back with a silver medal!!! Tell me you won't celebrate, and I will start quoting Bible verses at you about lying being a sin.

    This datukship is a way to thank him for working so hard for his country. Judging by the way you (the people who claims DATUK Lee Chong Wei doesn't deserve the title) speak, please step forward and make your country proud!

    Dato Asbullah
    RevoWithin
    and the rest of you who don't support DATUK Lee Chong Wei and his title,

    please contact me through my profile on this forum and you can sabo and insult me like a mad bull when you come back with a datukship. and this time, it won't be a title because you got a silver medal. and it also won't be because you won a GOLD medal. but you'd get the datuk title because you got 9 gold medals in the London Olympics 2012! Wohoooo!!

  13. #149
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    penang or kl, malaysia
    Posts
    218
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    You might get into trouble complaint about Datuk Musapa (the one take space taxi) because of his pangkat.....
    haha..yea oh..i forgot cant touch politic here..... i too concern abt politic.. thats why ....

    sorry if any admin saw this !!! SORRY !

  14. #150
    Moderator drifit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    6,428
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkpuncheryfic View Post
    He totally deserves the title ok? If you want to complain so much, why don't YOU yourself try playing against the world no.1, lin dan of china. It's not easy getting this kind of title. I mean like, seriously. What's wrong with getting that title when he definitely deserves it.
    welcome to BC..........
    maybe you just missed a lot. we did talk a lot before this.
    spend some time reading here in BC, you will know why.

  15. #151
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,011
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    Datuk Lee, and then
    Datuk Misbun.

    Why no Datuk-ship for Yap Kim Hock and Cheah Soon Kit? They won that silver medal also.

    And for all the TC1992 PLAYERS ALSO.???

    As an athlete, silver medal means that you are still not the best of the best. Maybe for malaysians, 2nd place is good enough - rather than gets nothing.

    Datuk-ship will lost its value if things like this continue and become meaningless.

    Athlete get silver medal crowned Datuk-ship, ''ASTRANAUTS'' get Datuk-ship etc....

    Maybe KWUN also entitle for the Datuk-ship for his contribution of creating and platform badminton fanz to share our point and view, if he is malaysian.
    Hiyaa Dato', you also know why they give mah, and it's not cos 2nd place is good enuf.

    Yap Kim Hock/Cheah Soon Kit, someone already give his/her opinion, hilarious too. you also didnt read the other pages.


    Quote Originally Posted by drifit View Post
    welcome to BC..........
    maybe you just missed a lot. we did talk a lot before this.
    spend some time reading here in BC, you will know why.
    hehehe, this person did not read the preceding 8 pages or saw VChing's many

  16. #152
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, I only joined this forum because i wanted to download videos of Lee Chong Wei during the Olympics. And I just came across this thread. Since I'm a Lee Chong Wei fan, I guess I got pretty angry about what other people said.

    But the next time I probably visit this website again would probably be like...when Lee Chong Wei competes during the next Olympics?? I don't know...I just don't like reading comments which don't make sense and have lots of grammatical errors like 'walau weiiiiiii lidat also can ah? datuk ship when he oni got silver medal?? lolxxxxxx hahazzzzz~~~~~~~~!!!!! did u c how he kena owned by lin danzzz wahahaha so farnyyyyyyyyyy'

    Goodness I can't stand those kind of useless comments. That's why I never read the previous thread pages which is why I haven't a clue about what went on before this. I guess it's partialy my fault that I got so boiled up about this topic. =/

  17. #153
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,349
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkpuncheryfic View Post
    Well, I only joined this forum because i wanted to download videos of Lee Chong Wei during the Olympics. And I just came across this thread. Since I'm a Lee Chong Wei fan, I guess I got pretty angry about what other people said.

    But the next time I probably visit this website again would probably be like...when Lee Chong Wei competes during the next Olympics?? I don't know...I just don't like reading comments which don't make sense and have lots of grammatical errors like 'walau weiiiiiii lidat also can ah? datuk ship when he oni got silver medal?? lolxxxxxx hahazzzzz~~~~~~~~!!!!! did u c how he kena owned by lin danzzz wahahaha so farnyyyyyyyyyy'

    Goodness I can't stand those kind of useless comments. That's why I never read the previous thread pages which is why I haven't a clue about what went on before this. I guess it's partialy my fault that I got so boiled up about this topic. =/
    Depends on how and what is the standard of the Bcers' mind when reading other ppl's post. DO NOT SIMPLY USE THE WORD SUCH AS 'USELESS'.

    I want to ask you if you are really LCW's fan. Give me your opinion on the defeat tamely to Lin Dan in the final game at Beijing.

    LCW is a good player, i never doubt of abt it. But the mentality is weak. U might said he is under pressure, 26 million ppl of malaysia put their hope on him. But think of LD. How much ppl behind LD? And why LD can perform extremely well in that game?



Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1632
    : 07-23-2014, 05:44 AM
  2. Datuk Lee Chong Wei Missing Link - World and Olympic Title
    By shooting stroke in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 81
    : 07-29-2012, 03:19 AM
  3. Who can replace Datuk Lee Chong Wei
    By shooting stroke in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 140
    : 05-29-2012, 09:51 PM
  4. Replies: 25
    : 09-04-2011, 12:49 PM
  5. Lee Chong Wei Out To Defend Abc Title
    By Syaoran_Style in forum Asian Continental Championships 2007
    Replies: 25
    : 04-01-2007, 08:13 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •