User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the reciever only ready to when the server is ready to serve (looks at Cai/Fu for the china team for example, they get into position to revieve the serve but won't be ready to recieve it untill the server is ready to serve). Jen Eriksen and the OP r 2 totally different situation, JE looks down his shuttle to avoid eyes contact while OP looks back at his partner to check to see if his partner is ready or not, When u look back to check whether ur partner is ready or not indicate that ur not ready to serve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My intention is different

I am not at all worried about a net rush. According to what you say, why do international players make a deceive on their shot. Are they worried about their shot? That is a skill. They have to out do their opponent to win a rally.

My intention is to check if my partner is ready before I serve. Now I changed what I am doing. Before I take my stance I am looking at my partner to check if he is ready and then I am getting into my stance. This way I want to reduce trouble on the serve.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofabeach View Post
    sure he can if he thinks the server turned around to look at his partner and reset his stance. it throws the reciever off.

why try to do the "surprise serve" at all? are you really that worried about a net rush?

all i read about here is "gentlemanly this, sportsmanship that" and you say this is ok? there is no way i would try to win a point by distracting my opponent before serving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when an opponent does a deceptive shot, it is definitely a skill. when an opponent does a surprise serve when trying to distracting the reciever, it is a totally different story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suresh_k281 View Post
    I am not at all worried about a net rush. According to what you say, why do international players make a deceive on their shot. Are they worried about their shot? That is a skill. They have to out do their opponent to win a rally.
    My intention is to check if my partner is ready before I serve. Now I changed what I am doing. Before I take my stance I am looking at my partner to check if he is ready and then I am getting into my stance. This way I want to reduce trouble on the serve.

This is the proper way of checking to make sure your partner is ready. Now, you are not surprising your opponent any more, because they know as soon as you take your stance, you are just about to serve without any interruption.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2