What string plays like CNG100 but cheaper and easily available?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by mongoose, Jun 3, 2002.

1. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

I have been using BG66 on all my rackets for the past 1 and a half years or so.
    Recently, I got one of my rackets strung with Cyber Natural Gut 100 and to say that I'm impressed with it, is an understatement!

From the time that I got that racket strung with the CNG100, I have also strung my other two Ti-10s with BG66.
    And the tension of the CNG100 is still holding extremely well while the tension the BG66s on the two Ti-10s have dropped very significantly.

What I like about the CNG100 (that is different from BG66) are:
    1) stiff (stiffer than BG66)
    2) holds tension well (better than BG66)

Does anyone out there know of any string/gut that plays close to the CNG100 or have the characteristics that I mentioned above?
    ie. like BG66 but stiffer and holds tension better.

Thanks.:confused:

2. AKFT

AKFT Regular Member

I have 2 MP 77, one strung with CBG100, the other with BG88ti at the same tension (23/24). They both hold the tension very well. The CBG100 "feels" softer and is better for the "touch" shots. The 88ti has a "harder" feel. Both are good. I personally prefer the CBG100, and the price between them is close enough that it's not an issue.

I have a Ti 10 strung with BG66, and I have had BG85 strung on this racket before that. I don't want to compare them directly since they are done by a different stringer, and the racket is different.

THE BEST string I have ever had was years ago when I had a racket strung with "competition (very thin) gut" and at "high tension". I could feel my fingers pushing the bird as I hit it. Unfortunately, the string only lasted 2 sessions, so I never strung it that way again!

:)

#2 AKFT, Jun 3, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2002
  3. modious

modious Regular Member

The only string which plays like the CNG100 is the BG88Ti. :)

4. Chu Pa

Chu Pa Regular Member

I will..

BG88Ti is a good string. On the same playing level as the BG85 but just a tad harder(string) and holds tension extremely well. If CNG100 is similar to BG85 characteristics with the ability to hold tension for longer rate of time then we have a winner. I will try CNG100 next time.