Durable Shuttlecock

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by shortymet55, Aug 20, 2008.

1. shortymet55

shortymet55 New Member

Im a backyard player. I love playing, and although I dont plan on getting into serious playing, I would like a better more durable shuttlecock than I use now (These ones cost $2 for 6 with rubber not cork). Is there a nice durable shuttlecock out there that isnt too expensive (Maybe $10 for 12). Ive read about durablility between feather and nylon, but either is good for me

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think yonex mavis 300/350 would work for u in this case.

3. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Feather is a no go for backyard players. Plastic or Nylon is your best option since they are cheap and last very long.

4. shortymet55

shortymet55 New Member

Whats the difference in speed and color? I mean I get what they mean, but for a beginner, will I notice a difference in speed and is color just for visibility?

Thanks

5. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Plastic shuttlecocks come in yellow or white. Depending on your surrounding colours the colour of the shuttlecock will vary. The speed of the shuttlecock is based on the temperature of the playing area.

6. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) Medium speed Mavis is fine for all US weather.
    2) I have 1 tube (6 shuttle) Mavis 7 and 1 tube Mavis 300 medium speed I can sell you for $10 total plus $2 s/h. Total for $12. PM me if you are interested.

7. shortymet55

shortymet55 New Member

Thanks you all.

Im thinking of going with Mavis 350 Medium Speed, white. Ive never had issues with my white shuttles, so why change and I read online in the US where I live, Medium speed is usually good.

8. shortymet55

shortymet55 New Member

Actually, I just realized there are only 6 in a tube. Are there any cheaper options? I mean unless these last that much longer, in which case I could just get 6 and have a better shuttle that lasts longer.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

for recreational backyard play, mavis 300/350 can last u very long time.

10. shortymet55

shortymet55 New Member

One more thing. Do the cork tips on these break off. I got 3 with my Badminton net and within a very short time day, I broke 2 shuttles. Skirt was fine, but the corks broke off. Thanks

PS Im leaning towards getting just 6 Mavis 350 shuttles.

11. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

There are a couple of older players use Mavis 350 (supplied by me) and each shuttle survived 2 weeks of pounding. No, the cork never broke off unless you actually miss hit and chop it where the skirt and cork connect.

12. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    A lot of the corks from my tubes broke off. :p But that's probably just abuse from smashing them against a wall. :eek:

13. shortymet55

shortymet55 New Member

Do any online stores ship for a reasonable price? I mean I want $9 Shuttles, but the shipping is $10. I have no need to buy more than one tube. What are the most popular stores you all use? Thanks

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Great advice and deal offered to u and u look else where:rolleyes:
    what a _______:rolleyes:
    Since ur smart enough to find this forum, then u should be smart enough to find the cheapest online stores as well:rolleyes:

#14 cooler, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

16. shortymet55

shortymet55 New Member

What do you mean I got offered a great deal and looked elsewhere? I was just wondering where you all buy, so I can purchase from a site I can trust and has the best prices.

17. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    silentheart is one of the most trustworthy sellers of badminton products you'll meet. Sure, I've never bought anything from him, but he's already dealt with many other members here with many items over $100.

His offer to you for Mavis shuttlecocks is probably the best you'll be able to find over the internet, your only other options are to buy cheapo shuttles from some random place, or fork over more money at a local sports retailer.

Most players here have in-person contacts to supply them shuttles at discounts, or buy in bulk online (eg. 10 tubes+).

In my opinion, you're not going to find many good stores that will have S&H less than 10 dollars, so buying a single tube online will probably result in you paying more for the S&H than the product. Only buy online if you know someone with a deal, or plan to buy a lot.

Mavis shuttles will last a long time unless you abuse them and bat them against the fence or a tree. They're also of high quality and play many times better than something from the dollar store.

Lastly, lol @ the amazon link. I assume shipping will overtake the price of the shuttles indefinitely, :p

18. shortymet55

shortymet55 New Member

I didnt realize silentheart was an actual seller. I sent him a PM. Does he have an actual store of how does his dealing work? Payment and all. I thought he was just a guy getting rid of some old stuff. Since I have only been here two days, Im still not sure who is a good seller and who is selling to clean out there garages. My apologies silentheart.

19. hYaCiNtH

hYaCiNtH Regular Member

recommanded site for cheap durable feather shuttlecocks

just in case if anyone is looking for durable feather shuttlecock. I just bought some from an ebay store for $11.00/tube and it's real not bad at all.:)

he does offer better price if you email him and get the invoice through paypal bypassing ebay. :cool:

http://stores.ebay.com/chi-chi-store

his email is chichistore@gmail.com

hope this helps