Summer is awake, this forum is dead

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Nic, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Nic

Nic Regular Member

BCBF Member
    Dont know if I am the only person who have this feeling. Summer is finally here in the Northern part of the US and perhaps some other places too. I guess everyone is now out enjoying the sunshine, biking, rollerblading and stuffs like that instead of sitting in front of their computer.

This forum is sorta dead, a lot of the regular old timer is missing. I rarely read something that is interesting and intelligent nowadays. :(

I logon almost 24 hours to this site everyday as long as I am awake but there is nothing attract me anymore as before. All the new posts that I saw these days are mostly some repeated questions that the poster dont even bother to do a search. :(

by the way, no offend taken, I am just bored and mumbling to myself.

2. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    Yeah, same here. These past weeks have been boring, maybe because badminton season is over in N. America.

3. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    Keep you chins up guys. Just because the season is over it doesn't mean badminton is dead. See it as a chance to practise your shots, get some one to one training. I am taking badminton full time over this summer (Not long now, 2 weeks!!) and i see it as a chance to get that bit higher. So although the season is over, it doesn't mean badminton is, or the forum for that matter. Just keep on practising....

All the best
    Matt

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Although badminton is #2 participated sport in the world, maybe all eyes are glued to TV on the world cup soccer now, world #1 sport. :rolleyes: Now if only we could watch badminton on TV with the same clarity as the world cup games. :mad:

5. Nic

Nic Regular Member

BCBF Member
    No, I was not saying badminton is dead. I was saying this forum is sorta dead. I play badminton all year round no matter what and when. So, dont worry, badminton will never died in my heart eventhough I become an old fogey!

6. Nic

Nic Regular Member

BCBF Member
    True, the world is never fair! :mad:

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Nic,

having observed the overall traffic of this site for the past couple of years. i do see patterns of high and low traffic. and perhaps after the rush of the TC/UC, people are taking a little break from talking badminton. certainly the old regulars are still visiting regularly, as i see a lot of them online all the time. i, like yourself, still visit this site around 25 times a day (no joke), but recently work has been really busy and i have told myself to try resist from posting.

has everything that can be said about badminton been said here? certainly not. but insightful and intelligent postings usually take time to construct, and perhaps many of us have little time of doing so.

thanks for visiting regularly.

8. Nic

Nic Regular Member

BCBF Member
    that is true, perhaps I am just too bored at work.
    Coming to this site, reading some interesting posts had became part of my daily routine already. :cool:

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Nic,

yes. i do that too. heck. right now, i am supposed to be running some regression tests, and instead, i am here posting stuff!

sometimes when i get bored with reading the existing posts, i will try posting (hopefully) insightful and intelligent questions myself. stir up some troubles, so to speak. :)

unfortunately, i don't have too many spare braincells these days.... :(

10. Slanter

Slanter Regular Member

Yep, I too visit the forum while I am at work. I don't think I have ever logged on outside working hours. I see it as my small contribution to NHS wastage.