Need advice please!! I have a Yonex Iso Power 200

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Voda, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Voda

Voda Regular Member

student
    Hi, i am a new member of this web site and I need some advice !!!

Well..... i have a Yonex Iso power 200, i know it's not a new racket that people would like to discuss with but i really have no idea of what sort of string would be the best for this "ISO Power 200" and how much tension i should string it to. Also can anybody tell me what does 2U G4 or 3U G5 all these mean.....

I bought this racket like 4 years ago, and haven't got it re-strung ever since (cause there's been a long gap until I started to play again last year, then found this brilliant web site and realised a lot of things....). The string i have been using all this time is the BG-70 and the racket has 2U G4 though i have no idea what that means ^^. So I'd like to know if I need to change the entire string after having it on for such a long time or just re-string it back to the right tenstion....etc. I do find the racket quite weak when smashing but then i am quite sure it's because of the loosened string.....please correct me if I am wrong.

I have been playing badminton for quite a long time and I'm absolutely enthusiastic about the sport but no one has ever told me anything about the choosing the equitment so i just bought an expensive one thinking I could then beat anyone in the world...and didn't know if it was actually suitable for me.

I am quite a powerful player(in terms of smashing) and I play singles more than doubles. I use a lot of arm power instead of wrist especially smashing. This is the basic info i could provide about my playing style and hopefully anyone who is generous could give me some advice. and I mean ANY one and ANY advice !!!!!

THANKS SOOOO MUCH !!!!!!!

2. mp88

mp88 Regular Member

Voda, The 2u is the weight of the racket and G4 is the size of the grip. As for string

BG 70 pro is one the best string by Yonex. So I think you need to re-string your

racket. I don't know how many pounds you have on your racket but your go

between 20-22lbs.

3. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

U have an excellent Racket in Ur hands! There has been so much said and spoken abt the current crop of rackets but then very few plp actually realised that yonex has not much changed the design from the great old Iso series of rackets. The 3 Main rackets in the Iso range were ISo 200,600 and 800.

Iso 200 is a very very good singles and If u see the paint scheme and also teh body construction u will fidn the current range fo rackets to be a copy of them.

I would simply suggest U Bg 66 or Bg 65 for the Iso 200. if u want a Picture of the racket then mail me. I shall send u one. I used to have a couple of them and used them extensively.They play best in Bg 65 and 66 with a pacific grip.