User Tag List

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by harimau View Post
    I just feel strange how come there is none whatsoever of Maria Kristin thread even after she won the bronze medal at this Olympic. Maybe we should use this thread to compile more info on her, more pictures, profiles, achievements, personal life etc as long as any info pertinent to her and badminton career. It will definitely be an inspiration.
    There is a thread on Maria Kristin in the 'Olympics 2008' category... But yes, none in the 'Professional Players'... If you visit the PB Djarum website, there is a profile on Maria Kristin... Her hobbies, favorite food, favorite TV show etc...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After her performance in the olympics..shes become one of my favourite player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well she's a clever player, i just saw her playing in BO , but i don't like her attitude at the court, her stance makes me feel so itchy ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maria Kristin is Indonesia's 2008 Olympic real hero!!!
    not MKido/HSetiawan i love them for winning us a gold medal. but they are expected too, they're ranked #1, seeded #1.
    but Maria play well above expectation. winning bronze??? that's crazy, but not as crazy as beating Lu Lan, even dominating the second & third sets. proving that she's an adept tactical player. her tactic was not to give lob shots and press toward the body or Lu's left/backhand side.
    hopefully with more physical training and international exposure, she can achieve more. (but i still fancy Firdasari over her actually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    There is a thread on Maria Kristin in the 'Olympics 2008' category... But yes, none in the 'Professional Players'... If you visit the PB Djarum website, there is a profile on Maria Kristin... Her hobbies, favorite food, favorite TV show etc...
    Thank you for the info. I will definitely check it out later. In fact the last time i surfed the website...i actually was impressed with the facilities....quite huge, clean, and well built to be an international class training center even located in Kudus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, maria kristin is a hero! Nobody expect her to get medal in OG, but she did it. She never give up in every match, even though her opposite have a high rank than her in BWF rank..
    Thats a good lesson to other INA shuttlers, they must have a great attitude like Maria Kristin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    Look at those wrappings!
    Mothers will not allow their daughters to play badminton if they see this!
    Maybe the mothers will also have to consider the other effects of stardom and sport success...

Bonus 150 juta Buat Maria Kristin lokasi: Home / Berita / Surat Pembaca / [sumber: Jakartapress.com]

Minggu, 24/08/2008
    Kudus - Cuaca panas berawan menyelimuti GOR bulutangkis Djarum, Jati, Kudus. Sebuah mobil Kijang Inova yang membawa Maria Kristin masuk di pelataran GOR termegah di Asia Tenggara itu. Kedatangan peraih medali perunggu bulutangkis tunggal puteri Olypiade Beijing 2008 itu, disambut kalungan bunga dan lagu mars atlet. Tak mau ketinggalan puluhan pebulutangkis junior binaan PB Djarum ikut menyambut pahlawan bulutangkis.

Sambutan yang meriah ini cukup mengejutkan Maria Kristin yang kedatangannya ke Kudus hanya untuk berlibur di tempat ia pernah digembleng di PB Djarum. "Saya sama sekali tidak menyangka mendapat sambutan seperti ini. Sebab, niat saya ke sini hanya untuk berlibur mengunjungi adik-adik", ujar Maria Kristin.

Kegembiraan Maria semakin bertambah karena Maria juga mendapat bonus sebesar Rp 150 juta dari PB Djarum, atas prestasinya menyumbangkan medali perunggu di arena bergengsi Olympiade. Apalagi prestasi Maria meraih medali perunggu sebenarnya diluar target. "Saya sendiri tak menyangka Maria bisa maju dengan pesat. Dulu Maria ini terkenal dengan si lamban. Pergerakan kakinya lamban, hingga pukulannya banyak yang mudah diantisipasi lawan," ungkap FX Supanji, Ketua Persatuan Olah Raga (POR) Djarum.

Sebelum berhasil meraih medali perunggu, lawan- lawannya yang merupakan pemain unggulan dengan peringkat diatasnya berhasil ia tumbangkan. diantaranya adalah Julianne Schenk dari Jerman peringkat ke-13, Tine Rasmussen asal Denmark peringkat ke-4, dan Saina Nehwal asal India peringkat-15. Akhirnya akhirnya kalah dari Zhang Nin di semifinal. Maria meraih medali perunggu setelah mengalahkan Lu Lan.

-----------------------------
    Name:  maria under rackets.jpg
Views: 5874
Size:  95.9 KB

Name:  maria with flowers.jpg
Views: 2703
Size:  22.2 KB

Key news points [in English]:
    Maria Kristin receives 150 million Rupiah from her club, PB. Djarum. Maria was on a one day vacation to visit her younger clubmates and former coaches [from when she was trained in Kudus, as a young child]. She was greeted as a badminton hero by all the current trainees with a parade of rackets, flowers, and chants of the PB. Djarum badminton-mars-song. "I didn't expect to be greeted like this. Actually, my intention in coming here is just to spend holiday and to meet my fellow younger clubmates."

From other newspaper articles I read in Indonesia, they said Maria cried a lot that day because she felt very honored by the welcome-reception in Kudus. She said that in 2008 she improved her big weakness in the past: her footwork. With stronger and faster legs, all her other gamesmanship became more lethal and effective.

Name:  resized 4.jpg
Views: 3291
Size:  98.2 KB

Name:  resized 6.jpg
Views: 2256
Size:  119.1 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what a greeting... it's reallly funny to see the "pedang pora" (the ceremony that usually held by ArmY) using racquets,,, hahahha,,, go MAria,,, prove urself in the next tournament... love her humble attitudes....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Not too shabby..

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    Key news points [in English]:
    Maria Kristin receives 150 million Rupiah from her club, PB. Djarum.
    ..as she got about US$15,000 for winning a bronze medal. That's almost as much prize money for a SS winner. (maybe it's a small change for PB Djarum)..I can imagine is she had won the silver or gold medal, maybe a new SUV and a brand new house will be on her way..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..as she got about US$15,000 for winning a bronze medal. That's almost as much prize money for a SS winner. (maybe it's a small change for PB Djarum)..I can imagine is she had won the silver or gold medal, maybe a new SUV and a brand new house will be on her way..
    He he he... true, all true. And how many Super Series have she won up until this minute? She got Rp 150 million from Djarum... in addition to the Rp 150 million she got from KONI. For Maria, it is her biggest pay-day ever. And yes, you're also right, the reward for Silver and Gold are way different. KONI said Rp 150 million for Bronze, Rp 300 million for Silver, Rp 1 billion for Gold.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^Oww...^^

..i didn't know KONI also gave her another Rp150 mil???....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the news, maria gets $30000 from govern and another bonus. . Congrats Maria!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw Lensa Olahraga this morning and the reward for OG medalists has been increased.

Gold medalist: Rp. 1.5 billion (originally 1 bil.)
    Silver medalist: Rp. 750 million (500 mil.)
    Bronze medalist: Rp. 300 million (150 mil.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The coaches also get bonus. But The semifinalists wont receive sumthin?? Thats so sad to hear..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hansonlouphers View Post
    The coaches also get bonus. But The semifinalists wont receive sumthin?? Thats so sad to hear..
    As well as those failed to get any medal. They did their best, too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, this picture reminds me of kkk/tbh warm welcomed by the local during their visit to 1 of the badminton hall in malaysia..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    Saw Lensa Olahraga this morning and the reward for OG medalists has been increased.

Gold medalist: Rp. 1.5 billion (originally 1 bil.)
    Silver medalist: Rp. 750 million (500 mil.)
    Bronze medalist: Rp. 300 million (150 mil.)
    Cool... Upward-revisions are always welcomed...

As for those who didn't get any medals... well, INA have long rejected the Communist ideals [of giving loosers rewards]...

Thus, we should keep embracing the idea that rewards are for the high-performers. Bigger rewards are for the very-high-performers... The so-so participants, [however hard they've tried] should not be financially rewarded. Rewarding non-performers is not a good practice. They should just get pep-talks on how to do better in the future.

That's life. And that's the way it should be.
    Last edited by Krisna; 08-26-2008 at 11:21 PM.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast