User Tag List

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darkyboy View Post
    1 Datuk does not matter for lin dan as he is chinese not malaysian..
    2 lin dan has been wrld number 1 for many years and he can easily win it back by winning the upcoming tournies
    3 olympics champion is much greater than world number 1, throughout the year any year you can get to world number 1 but olympics is only once every 4th year.
    think man...
    I agree. Olympic champion is greater than other title.

LD won that Gold medal bcos of help from CJ. (Just watch them play in the semis). But nobody help LCW. He won it (although silver) himself.

Dont involve yourself in the Match-Fixing Arrangement if you really want people to respect u as the 2008 BEIJING OLYMPIC BADMINTON MAN SINGLE'S GOLD MEDAL WINNER.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post

LD won that Gold medal bcos of help from CJ. (Just watch them play in the semis). But nobody help LCW. He won it (although silver) himself.

Dont involve yourself in the Match-Fixing Arrangement if you really want people to respect u as the 2008 BEIJING OLYMPIC BADMINTON MAN SINGLE'S GOLD MEDAL WINNER.
    i must 100% agree with this!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's why BWF should have some form of control on this to make it fair and square for everyone. If there are players of the same country playing each other in the semis, just boot one out and let another player from another country to take part in the semis. It is already a fact and everyone seems to be keeping a blind eye or denial on this.

Else allowing this to happen will kill the game and the respect for players like LD to win big tournament is not there. If this is truly a professional sports, then so be it because the stakes are high and the reward is just too good to let go.

So, BWF need to find a solution to this issue. Perhaps the price money for the booted out semifinalist should go to him (or 80-90%). And the replacement should be entitled to finals rewards; and if he looses, then he should get the qtrfinal and perhaps some percentage of semis share (like 10-20%); just for effort and participating sake.

Hence this eliminates any unfairness towards a country and good for the game. Anyone second this? Who's the petition king here? Closing ones eye will impair its credibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smell sour apple...

Don't think this is fair statement... though seen this kinds of excuse many times in the forum, but still like to object to it... cause this would not help LCW's fans to mature, but nourish their habit for looking for excuse like a girl...

hasn't other players include LCW met players of his own country in competitions? could this automatically wipe out the credibility of his subquent victories in the tournament just because he won his own countryman for good?

a win is a win, LD beat LCW to get the gold, LCW lost to LD to get the silver. That's it. No one held LD in the final game...

stand up and face the defeat like a man, work harder and try to beat LD to win a major title like WC. This is the right attitude of a sports' player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    ...looking for excuse like a girl...

...stand up and face the defeat like a man...
    Hey now... that's hardly fair .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    That's why BWF should have some form of control on this to make it fair and square for everyone. If there are players of the same country playing each other in the semis, just boot one out and let another player from another country to take part in the semis. It is already a fact and everyone seems to be keeping a blind eye or denial on this.
    although i can sense an argument will start on this i hope that its not to to big or anything. personally if i was in a tournament and regardless if there was match fixing or not for my country id be pretty pissed that i get kicked out of semis for that. like i dont think that is a good thing to do at all booting one out and puting in somebody else the player that made it to semies well they made it their they beat out the other person.

its like at national tournaments when i end up playing somebody from the same province or city as me its like saying oh you 2 are from the same province or city so were going to boot one of you out and let somebody from some other province/city take your place like no that wouldnt be fair or right at all. i would be pretty mad about that if it happened. same concept just on a smaller scale.

i can see where your comming from yes about how its all planned out already 1 of them will lose to the other on purpose or not so this woudl solve it and would give others a chance to expirence getting to semis but then they would also get more points than they otherwise wouldnt and that isnt fair so yeah, but this solution personally i feel isnt the way to go.

as per back to the topic LCW only has about 1500 more points and that can easily be made up by lin dan by winning one tournament.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smell sour apple...

Don't think this is fair statement... though seen this kinds of excuse many times in the forum, but still like to object to it... cause this would not help LCW's fans to mature, but nourish their habit for looking for excuse like a girl...

hasn't other players include LCW met players of his own country in competitions? could this automatically wipe out the credibility of his subquent victories in the tournament just because he won his own countryman for good?

a win is a win, LD beat LCW to get the gold, LCW lost to LD to get the silver. That's it. No one held LD in the final game...

stand up and face the defeat like a man, work harder and try to beat LD to win a major title like WC. This is the right attitude of a sports' player.
    CHN is arranging the match result. And they always practise it. Would you deny on this open secret?

I feel sick because not of the defeat of LCW's in the final against the ''champion'' LD, it's bcos of the Match Fixing Arrangement by CHN. (I bet u didnt watch that game - LD VS. CJ in the semis)

Be a professional player, play professionally.

As LCW's fan, i am very proud of his success in Olympic. (except the Datuk-ship) He play like a man. He fight like a man, a true professional badminton player.

LD and other CHN player? MATCH FIXING ARRANGEMENT.

They are Badminton sport's MAFIA!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As LCW's fan, i am very proud of his success in Olympic. (except the Datuk-ship) He play like a man. He fight like a man, a true professional badminton player.
    surprisely...dato is lcw fans...^^...i though is HH fans......peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe ethics is the most important element in a professional athlete, including a badminton player. IMHO, world ranking is just to tell everyone how many titles have you won, and not how good you are as an OVERALL BADMINTON PLAYER. The word OVERALL includes your spirit in court, your ethics etc, and not only your skills.

Similarly, LCW is now world no. 1 because he participated in more tournaments compared to LD. It doesn't really mean much IMHO.

However, previously when LD is ranked world no. 1, I too don't feel that he is the BEST player in the world due to his attitude (just my personal opinion, don't fire me please ^^).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    surprisely...dato is lcw fans...^^...i though is HH fans......peace
    HH is malaysian idol. Everybody in the country loves him

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CHN is arranging the match result. And they always practise it. Would you deny on this open secret?

I would as I have no proof one way or the other, have you?

I feel sick because not of the defeat of LCW's in the final against the ''champion'' LD, it's bcos of the Match Fixing Arrangement by CHN. (I bet u didnt watch that game - LD VS. CJ in the semis)

just imagine if LCW is also from CHN and everyone will shout 'cheat' as no way the world no 2 could lost so poorly and not even trying, must be team order from the top.

that's the problem, for most people to be second in the final are failures. silver is the compensation for loser. if you call the loser in the final as success, what incentives are there for him to becomes more successful?
    that might sounded a bit harsh but until your badmintion association realised that you will never produce a world beater.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HH is malaysian idol. Everybody in the country loves him
    can he beat anwar or siti nurhaliza in national voting???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    can he beat anwar or siti nurhaliza in national voting???
    Maybe. He is policeman.

Imagine how many backup he got.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[CHN is arranging the match result. And they always practise it. Would you deny on this open secret?]
    - Then get the proof and report to the police...

[I feel sick because not of the defeat of LCW's in the final against the ''champion'' LD, it's bcos of the Match Fixing Arrangement by CHN. (I bet u didnt watch that game - LD VS. CJ in the semis)]
    - You feel sick because China won everything and you feel sour about LCW's loss. How much have you bet? I did watch the game! Imagine if it is LCW vs WCH in the semi, which do you think Rexy would expect to win and go on to face LD in the final? Then when WCH lost to LCW, could I say it's match fixing? And how do you know CJ could surely beat LD in that match?

[Be a professional player, play professionally.]
    - How do you interpret "professional"? Swimmers & Runners would save energy in prelim, and only put their 100% in the final; Some national football teams may get a draw instead of a sure win in the prelim for a better chance in the elimination round of WC final... would you call the players not playing professionally? Like it or not, this is call "playing professionally smart", as long as they are not against any law nor anyone's will. Moreover, if CJ choose to put his patriotism on top of his winning desire, that's his personal choice. He was extremely happy with the Bronze medal if you have watched the prize-giving ceremony.

[As LCW's fan, i am very proud of his success in Olympic. (except the Datuk-ship) He play like a man. He fight like a man, a true professional badminton player.]
    - agree that LCW fight like a man and did not complain for the loss. But I'm disappointed that his fans disgrace him by not facing his loss like a man, but finding excuses that disgracing his fellow badminton sportsmans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[CHN is arranging the match result. And they always practise it. Would you deny on this open secret?]

[I feel sick because not of the defeat of LCW's in the final against the ''champion'' LD, it's bcos of the Match Fixing Arrangement by CHN. (I bet u didnt watch that game - LD VS. CJ in the semis)]
    - You feel sick because China won everything and you feel sour about LCW's loss. How much have you bet? I did watch the game! Imagine if it is LCW vs WCH in the semi, which do you think Rexy would expect to win and go on to face LD in the final? Then when WCH lost to LCW, could I say it's match fixing? And how do you know CJ could surely beat LD in that match?

- How do you interpret "professional"? Swimmers & Runners would save energy in prelim, and only put their 100% in the final; Some national football teams may get a draw instead of a sure win in the prelim for a better chance in the elimination round of WC final... would you call the players not playing professionally? Like it or not, this is call "playing professionally smart", as long as they are not against any law nor anyone's will. Moreover, if CJ choose to put his patriotism on top of his winning desire, that's his personal choice. He was extremely happy with the Bronze medal if you have watched the prize-giving ceremony.

[As LCW's fan, i am very proud of his success in Olympic. (except the Datuk-ship) He play like a man. He fight like a man, a true professional badminton player.]
    - agree that LCW fight like a man and did not complain for the loss. But I'm disappointed that his fans disgrace him by not facing his loss like a man, but finding excuses that disgracing his fellow badminton sportsmans.
    Last edited by Jonc108; 09-04-2008 at 05:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/color]

1. Whether WCH or LCW win in the semi (as your assumption above), it's none of the business of Rexy, bcos he incharged of MD's and not Singles.

2. Swimmer and football is individual event. U cant see France National Football Team A and Team B participating in the WC. In the matter of ''PLAYING PROFESSIONALLY SMART'', this is to depend on how people judge and also the authority on how they handle the things. You can win a match with respect from the audience or you can win the match with dirty tricks (or similiar to you ''playing professionally smart'' theory). U see the thing's clear, but i see as dirty. It's personal view of point.

3. I am not finding excuses on the lost of LCW's against LD in the final. What i am sick of is the MATCH FIXING ARRANGEMENT in the semis.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up LCW has always been very honest and truthful in what he has said

... agree that LCW fight like a man and did not complain for the loss. But I'm disappointed that his fans disgrace him by not facing his loss like a man, but finding excuses that disgracing his fellow badminton sportsmans.

Don't be so disturbed Jonc 108 ... You have to understand that most fans are always favoring their idol over other players.

I thought I read somewhere quoting that LCW did say that, after losing his Badminton Gold Medal Match at the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, that LD was just too fast and just too good for him in that match.

LCW did not try to find any excuses for losing, but to credit LD for playing so well.

I would say that LCW has always been very honest and truthful in what he has said.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast