User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 35 to 51 of 69
  1. #35
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Vancouver; Canada
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Shum View Post
    come say it to my face..=p
    Above post was replied to eddiemon (go back up and verify if you like) ... but if you do like that designation of stringer, then by all means stand up for it.

    Otherwise, you could also practice talking to a mirror as it's you talking in the quote below as the service provider. No one put it better than yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Shum View Post
    besides..this topic fits ur racket..CHEAP racket..w/ a cheap personality like urs..cheap service u deserve..lol..

  2. #36
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canada, BC, Burnaby
    Posts
    763
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Shum View Post
    besides..this topic fits ur racket..CHEAP racket..w/ a cheap personality like urs..cheap service u deserve..lol..
    Wow, does Jayson treat all his customers this way? Oh wait, he called me a richboy for stringing a racquet up @ 28lbs before... hmmmm


    Quote Originally Posted by MSN04 View Post
    Shum to string my racketssss!!!
    Definately ask for the "Turbo String" job!!

  3. #37
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Richmond, BC
    Posts
    5,209
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2-YOTA View Post
    For others to know, Gary inspected the racket afterwards and admitted it to be the stringer (Ah_Shum) at fault. Fast, careless mounting and handling was the culprit. Is there really anything more you can dispute over this case ... just ask your boss at work.

    Since this is a non-warranty fault, Gary opted to replace the racket without hesitation. This obviously came at a cost out of his stores pocket. But its reassuring for all you new customers to know that when something goes wrong at Tad's, Gary won't push the blame back to some fantasy talk like his Nascar stringer would.


    A stringers quality of work based on DISCRIMINATION. How nice and professional is that. In fact, thats not very good publicity for the stores reputation either, is it? So which store did you work at again?

    As evidenced again, buyer beware ... you guys all know the drill by now on who to ask for.
    I am sorry to step in but this is not true as things have been doctorned into this with some facts have been omitted. I have been keeping an eye on this thread for sometime.

    For instance, the conversation about Gary blaming Ah_Shum for stringing error never occured. Another is the store did not lose anything out of their pocket because I have seen your racket. It is currently being used for demo purposes as Tad's never had a demo of it.
    Last edited by Matt; 09-07-2008 at 10:07 PM.

  4. #38
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    296
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I am sorry to step in but this is not true as things have been doctorned into this with some facts have been omitted. I have been keeping an eye on this thread for sometime.

    For instance, the conversation about Gary blaming Ah_Shum for stringing error never occured. Another is the store did not lose anything out of their pocket because I have seen your racket. It is currently being used for demo purposes as Tad's never had a demo of it.
    I also know there is even more to this than you have mentioned but this is going way too far off topic.

    IMHO the summary answer for the question the original poster asked is:

    Stringing is always a hit or miss if you let someone else do it. If you find a trusted stringer keep them. When people get haircuts (here in GVA) it is common to tip 10-25%. I don't see many people tipping their stringers. Don't nickle and dime them or try to make them price match, etc. The difference in price is very minor when compared to a healthy racket and a string tension that is consistent from one job to the next.

    If you think you can't trust anyone, do it yourself. That way, you only have yourself to blame.

  5. #39
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Richmond, BC
    Posts
    5,209
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ph_leung View Post
    I also know there is even more to this than you have mentioned but this is going way too far off topic.
    Yes, there is more to this to explain what actually happened. That is why I kept it short and mentioned only two points in my previous post as it is beginning to get off topic.
    Last edited by Matt; 09-08-2008 at 02:34 AM.

  6. #40
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I am sorry to step in but this is not true as things have been doctorned into this with some facts have been omitted. I have been keeping an eye on this thread for sometime.

    For instance, the conversation about Gary blaming Ah_Shum for stringing error never occured. Another is the store did not lose anything out of their pocket because I have seen your racket. It is currently being used for demo purposes as Tad's never had a demo of it.
    hee... I didn't even take a word from him as soon as I spotted the comment saying "only ask Gary for Hugo for string job" (I actually lol)

  7. #41
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canada, BC, Burnaby
    Posts
    763
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    For instance, the conversation about Gary blaming Ah_Shum for stringing error never occured.
    It might have never occured between Gary and Ah_Shum, but I guarantee that it did happen between 2-YOTA and Gary! If you have the rest of the story, please share!


    Quote Originally Posted by MSN04 View Post
    hee... I didn't even take a word from him as soon as I spotted the comment saying "only ask Gary for Hugo for string job" (I actually lol)
    HAHAHAHHAHAAHUH?!? I don't get it... maybe it's less funny when you re-read what it actually says:

    Quote Originally Posted by 2-YOTA View Post
    ... and might I add that if you do go there, you MUST specify that ONLY Gary or Hugo to string your racket. If you don't, you'll get the high quality Nascar 12 minute job!

  8. #42
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Optiblue View Post


    HAHAHAHHAHAAHUH?!? I don't get it... maybe it's less funny when you re-read what it actually says:
    No. why is it less funny? It is still very funny.
    Don't get what you are trying to point out.
    Or you want to define what should be funny (to me)?

  9. #43
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    508
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what's even funnier is optiblue here randomly strings his "rackets" @ 30x30 or 31x31 which cracks me up even more..the failure of not understanding racket design n stringing tensions makes really funny to me..

  10. #44
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Shum View Post
    what's even funnier is optiblue here randomly strings his "rackets" @ 30x30 or 31x31 which cracks me up even more..the failure of not understanding racket design n stringing tensions makes really funny to me..
    NO!! IT IS NOT FUNNY!!! Please only feel funny based on the badminton god's definition. If he doesn't think it is funny, it is NOT funny.

  11. #45
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canada, BC, Burnaby
    Posts
    763
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MSN04 View Post
    No. why is it less funny? It is still very funny.
    Don't get what you are trying to point out.
    Or you want to define what should be funny (to me)?
    Nono, not pointing out what's funny, just that the original post said Gary or Hugo and you said ask Gary for Hugo... maybe it's still funny after the fix, you can decide.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Shum View Post
    what's even funnier is optiblue here randomly strings his "rackets" @ 30x30 or 31x31 which cracks me up even more..the failure of not understanding racket design n stringing tensions makes really funny to me..
    Which part did I fail to understand? You don't know me, you've never seen me play, yet you can judge what tensions I should and shouldn't be using? I've never asked for 30x30 or 31x31, I only asked for 30lbs and later 31lbs, you as the stringer would know to use the 10% rule to make it happen. I'm not sure how those tensions are random either as I'm going up a pound in my journey to seek my ideal tension. If you claim that I can't play using those tensions, I also don't know how you can make that assumption either.

    Finally and most importantly, my racquets did not break @ those tensions as it was done by Gary or Hugo. Grommets can be replaced when "all beat up", racquets can not as I'm not a richboy.
    Last edited by Optiblue; 09-08-2008 at 03:46 AM.

  12. #46
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Richmond, BC
    Posts
    5,209
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Optiblue View Post
    It might have never occured between Gary and Ah_Shum, but I guarantee that it did happen between 2-YOTA and Gary! If you have the rest of the story, please share!

    That's what I meant. He never mentioned Ah_Shrum to 2-YOTA. Gary is like, he blamed him? Both were present, it's like no!

    Quote Originally Posted by Optibule
    Finally and most importantly, my racquets did not break @ those tensions as it was done by Gary or Hugo.
    Are you sure it is done by Gary or Hugo? The reason I ask is because customers are happier the string job assumed it was stringed up by Gary or Hugo (even with specified to be done by them).
    Last edited by Matt; 09-08-2008 at 11:55 AM.

  13. #47
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Richmond, BC
    Posts
    5,209
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Are you sure it is done by Gary or Hugo? The reason I ask is because customers are happier the string job assumed it was stringed up by Gary or Hugo (even with specified to be done by them).
    Let me clairify that bold part since it did not make sense after typing it too fast.

    Should of been assuming. They are under the assumption it is done by Gary or Hugo, but is it actually by the assumed or specified stringer?

  14. #48
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Optiblue View Post
    I've never asked for 30x30 or 31x31, I only asked for 30lbs and later 31lbs, you as the stringer would know to use the 10% rule to make it happen.

    Finally and most importantly, my racquets did not break @ those tensions as it was done by Gary or Hugo. Grommets can be replaced when "all beat up", racquets can not as I'm not a richboy.
    hmm... I don't think stringer would automatically make the 10% happens. They do know the 10% rule, but they don't just make it happen if the customer fails to specify. I know Hugo doesn't do it... So... good luck to your racket(s) if they are really strung by Gary or Hugo as *specified* (LOL again).

  15. #49
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Let me clairify that bold part since it did not make sense after typing it too fast.

    Should of been assuming. They are under the assumption it is done by Gary or Hugo, but is it actually by the assumed or specified stringer?
    hee... reading this make me smile again.
    (LOL)
    Last edited by MSN04; 09-08-2008 at 08:17 PM.

  16. #50
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canada, BC, Burnaby
    Posts
    763
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That's what I meant. He never mentioned Ah_Shrum to 2-YOTA. Gary is like, he blamed him? Both were present, it's like no!
    Oh, better wait for 2-YOTA's reply for a clearer answer as it'll be more detailed and appropriate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Are you sure it is done by Gary or Hugo? The reason I ask is because customers are happier the string job assumed it was stringed up by Gary or Hugo (even with specified to be done by them).
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Let me clairify that bold part since it did not make sense after typing it too fast.

    Should of been assuming. They are under the assumption it is done by Gary or Hugo, but is it actually by the assumed or specified stringer?
    As far as I know, when we go in, we pretty much will talk to either Gary or Hugo and then directly give our racquets to them and state that it has to be done by either one of them. They're quite friendly about it, and do put it on their designated to be strung rack. I've trusted that they would be true to their word in that it would be completed by the specified stringer(s) thereafter.

    Occasionally if they're not busy, I'll shop around the store and wait for my stringing to be completed. On those days, I can confirm that it was done by the requested stringer(s). On most other visits, I'll drop it off with the same requests, and the following day when I walk in for pick up, either Gary or Hugo will know exactly which racquets were to paid for. To this day we've had no known issues with our requests.

  17. #51
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canada, BC, Burnaby
    Posts
    763
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MSN04 View Post
    hmm... I don't think stringer would automatically make the 10% happens. They do know the 10% rule, but they don't just make it happen if the customer fails to specify. I know Hugo doesn't do it... So... good luck to your racket(s) if they are really strung by Gary or Hugo as *specified* (LOL again).
    Thanks for the heads up, maybe I'll have to be more specific in my tension requests next time.
    Last edited by Optiblue; 09-08-2008 at 09:13 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cheapest place to buy string in reels?
    By Burger_King in forum Market Place
    Replies: 4
    : 10-17-2008, 09:24 PM
  2. Cheapest place to string bg-68ti in sg???
    By shawn30_k in forum Market Place
    Replies: 0
    : 04-28-2008, 09:56 AM
  3. Cheapest place to buy BG-66?
    By Sgt_Strider in forum Market Place
    Replies: 7
    : 02-20-2005, 05:35 PM
  4. Where is the cheapest place to get a 4U Armortec 800 DF?
    By Sgt_Strider in forum Market Place
    Replies: 4
    : 10-10-2004, 12:19 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    : 08-12-2001, 04:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •