I bought one of those "fake" arcsabers 10's off ebay for $40....

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by petr074, Aug 22, 2008.

1. petr074

petr074 Regular Member

...And it works amazingly!!! Everyone on this forum says they are horrible, but they never bought one and used it for themselves. I have used other peoples racquets that cost them like $160 and my "Fake" arcsaber 10 destroys them!!

2. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Question you need to ask is, why would he or she want to buy a fake product? The next question is, is the racket really worth $40 dollars (considering the manufacturing and cost to make the counterfeit product)?

In fact, the $40 dollars could go toward buying something genuine :D regardless of product. (ie. my new eVGA 9800GT Superclocked graphics card!!)

HYPE!! :p Like people would read into it lol!

#2 Matt, Aug 22, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  3. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    Not everyone says they are horrible. I've borrowed some from people who unknowingly bought fakes. The consistent thing about these rackets I've seen is they are not very rigid torsionally for the shaft and also not very rigid at the rim. Hold the racket and try twisting it. These fakes can also be strung at high tensions. I've had one up above 30lbs with no problems. It actually plays a bit better. Overall playability is not bad but I wouldn't say it is even average.

The major problem I have with fakes is the accountability for construction. Ethical issues of stealing other's trademarks aside, since you can't track down the manufacturer, if something is faulty, nobody can be held responsible. The anonymous fake manufacturer doesn't need to care about these things so QC can be very lax. I wouldn't trust a fake for playing an intense game. Not for my own sake but for the opponent who may be on the receiving end of flying racket parts.

How well one plays is mostly technique, fitness, and mental. The equipment portion is very minor. That said, it is quite fun to nitpick on details of equipment and believe it will make a huge difference.

#3 ph_leung, Aug 22, 2008
  4. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    You're a lucky one who got a good fake. That being said, you'll never find a fake which plays the same. Why? different manufactures, no quality control, so you'll never find anything which is the same. You dont' know what you're getting.

Just following up once I read your other shuttlecock thread, knowing how you play and your skill level, once you get better and gain the technique and power, you'll realize your ARC10 is trash.

#4 Athelete1234, Aug 22, 2008
  5. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I'm sorry what about your famous Arc10? Get some real skills and facts straight before making such comments which is non-sense.

#5 Matt, Aug 22, 2008
  6. singchaii

singchaii Regular Member

Car Technician
    I had fake nanospeed 7000 and nanospeed 8000... I bought at RM150 each while it totally not worth.. I strung my nanospeed at 26lbs, the frame broke after 2 match.. While the nanospeed, strung at 24lbs while i not using it anymore.. Scare the shaft break apart and fly to opposite side might caused injured. While now, I rather bought impact or apacs brand. I bought impact arcforce 10 at Rm130, the racket is much more better that fake yonex.. Better go get Apacs, impact and some other brand if you don't have enough budget for Yonex.. It rather better that using fake yonex.

7. ghs235

ghs235 Regular Member

Fake Sucks

I also bought the ArcSaber 10 fake from eBay for 40 bucks. It sucks. (My other (genuine) racquets are NanoSpeed 9000 Type-X and Armortec 900 Power). The racquet was prestrung with a non-yonex string. As soon as I received the racquet I inspected it out of curiosity to see how "good" the fake is.

The head of the racquet is slightly twisted around an axis passing through the shaft. This was a big bummer. I played with the racquet a little bit and it did not give me a good empowered feeling like my other racquets. So, I thought it might have to do with the string and I changed the string to BG-80 at 24lbs. Now comes another bummer: while string the racquet, the string started to cut into the metal frame; the fake and soft grommet was visibly deformed. I still continued to string the racquet to see what happens. I did not use the racquet after this stringing event. I will use it this weekend to see what happens to the racquet and let you guys know.

Apart from the twisted head and string-cutting-frame, the paint job looks cheap, the grip is so frictionless, and the manufacturer couldn't even engrave a good 'valid' manufacturing code. If I am a fake racquet maker, I would obtain a valid genuine-looking serial numbers and engrave on the racquets.

MY VERDICT: Even if you are a beginner, its not worth to spend 40 bucks on a fake racquet. With 40 bucks, you can get a better genuine racquet which doesnt have its head twisted.

Thanks.

8. CHOcobo

CHOcobo Regular Member

pay off school
    i bought two fakes and they are both good. my NS9000x came with bg65 string and still holding good, been about 17 months now. but my arc10 came with some unknown brand thin string that played well and sounded good too until it snapped pretty quickly. but i got it restrung at 22lb and now works much better. my friend was a very hard smasher and used my ns9000x and still holding up well. but most importantly have a more expensive and better racket will not make you a better player. technique > everything else. if you have good technique any racket will be good enough for you.

badminton is not like tennis where in tennis, the racket does make a different since the ball of impact on the racket is much much bigger than the impact of the bird and racket.

because the $40 fake rackets plays just like the racket that cost about 5-6 times as much. and yes it's worth the $40. in fact the real stuff are so light it breaks faster than the real stuff. i hear a lot from this forum many yonex NS series breaks easy. my fake sounds like it holds up better.

but ultimately fake rackets are awesome for those who don't take badminton seriously and especially don't play much. real genuine are worth the money but not affordable and thats why people like me turn to fake. a fake racket should last anyone more than 2-3 years. that should be enough time to save up for a real one. lol. thats if your serious about getting a genuine. but i am saving up for a real gen2 Ti-10. if my 2 fake still plays well by the time i have the money, then i won't buy it.

9. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    The main concern is that the QC is unknown and how good it really is. Probably would be better to obtain a genuine racket which is worth $40 dollars even thou it maybe a entry/mid level racket if it made sense rite?

About the NS breaking, most of the reports here and else were is not accurate because it also includes users who have counterfeit rackets. There was an issue with the initial batch with the NS8K, but that has has sense been resolved.

10. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    I'm sure he wasn't referring to his skills in destroying people..think it's more like..his metal head racket clashes into other arc10's on purpose to break them...:rolleyes:

11. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Of course it does! A no nonsens inexpensive graphite racket, will perform BETTER for most average casual players, as they cannot make use of the advanced properties and stiffness of high-end racket, due to lack of strenght and technique anyway..

You really have to ask yourself why it is so important to you that the racket you have looks like and is named like something it is not..

If it is soo good, Why not call it something else, and paint it differently?? Why only charge $40 if it outperforms $160 rackets? Makes no sense not selling it for at least $80 (if the seller is not seriously business-stupid :) )

/Twobeer

P.S.

I read your

and to be honest I think you should maybe be careful to draw such big conclusions about rackets, being so inexperienced the various aspects of the game..

#11 twobeer, Aug 24, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  12. kazibul

kazibul Regular Member

hahaha..joke of the day by the TS

13. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    good recall, Matt.
    "place the worm in own @ss"

14. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    First of first, this is against the law, and ppl like you are exactly why fakes are flooding in every product categories these days. :cool: If you have an illegally copied movie, even say the quality is as good as the ones sold in stores, do you encourage ppl to all buy illegally copied ones?

Now, let's back to the performance issue. The problem regarding fake is there's no standard to follow. Fake NS8k from source A and fake NS8K from source B can be very different, as they simply paint whatever racket and sell, who cares about the quality? True, you get it for $40, but do you know how much it really suppose to worth? You think the fake sellers want to re-paint the $39 rackets, instead of picking the $3 ones? :rolleyes:

Yes, you can be lucky, to obtain the "useable" fakes, if your main usage is non-competitive level of playing. During higher level of playing, experienced player will surely tell the difference. Never to mention, the risk factors. I've seen more than once, poorly made racket head/shaft broken during playing, and flying across the court. Do you really want to see, your friends, or club member got injuried from your $40 NS9K? Be responsive, if not for you, please consider for ppl around you. :(

15. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    I have bought some fake rackets during my beginning of my badminton life.I love them,since they r cheap n they perform better than those steel rackets.So..i keep using them,until i get better..i felt that those racket is not good enough,since if u have got better in the game,ur demand for the equipments will get higher.Able to hold high tension,overall performance etc..

Believe me..ain't no use comparing real yonex rackets n the fake ones.

16. CHOcobo

CHOcobo Regular Member

pay off school
    give me money and ill be more than happy to buy the real stuff.

17. Shayde

Shayde Regular Member

Secondary School Student
    XD Well, I bought fake Ti-10 and MP25 unknowingly(NUBZOR), but i dont know the true potential of differences between racquets, but one thing i know is that the TI-10 and MP25 feels pretty much the same. But same as CHOcobo said, i also am saving for an at500 so in the mean time i will stay with these fakes. But like what LazyBuddy said, dont promote dem fake racquet sellers, aint fair for the real brand makers using real materials.