Kido/Hendra & Gunawan/Bach 1 of the key?

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Vodude, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Vodude

Vodude Regular Member

General Sales
    Hii,
    Yesterday my friend have a chit chat and they point like Kido/Hendra, Hendra is the key player here. :confused:
    Also another sample Gunawan/Bach, Gunawan is the key player?
    My friend told me that a key player is just the motor who drive around the game. Is this true? Well, I do feel that everygame Gunawan or Hendra always play as the key role..

2. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Hendra and Tony both manipulate the flow of the game that allows their partners to smash and attack from the back while they dominate the front.

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

In Doubles play..

..there needs to be someone/a partner who can control or at least is more comfortable to play the net/soft game..:cool:

4. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Doubles is a tactical game that requires multiple skills. As people have stated already a flair play maker who can create the oppurtunities and be agile around the net, and a power player who can hit smashes from the rear court and put the opponents defence in trouble to give an easy kill from the net for their partner.

The success of a pair depends on how these diffeent skills are blended.

You could have an unbalanced pair where one player has to be at the back, but compensates for this lack of skill with extra power with his partner having little power but great skill.

Otherwise you could have a finely balanced pair, who are equally comfortable whether at the front or the back, maybe at the expense of the out and out quality of the pure net or power players.