Amateur Comeback

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by demon85, Aug 25, 2008.

1. demon85

demon85 Regular Member

Lab Technician
    Hi guys, I need some advice around here.

Ok first of all, I only play badminton leisurely, and even that was about 4 years ago. After that I stop playing, but recently I have the urge to start playing again. But during my national service in the army more than 1 year ago, I fractured my ankle (tibia medial something) and now have 2 screws holding the fracture together. I have started playing soccer recently with no pain at all, only stiffness in the ankle(it can't bend all the way like the uninjured one).

Question: Will badminton be ok for me? Since soccer proves no problem to me except for the stiffness and slight loss of speed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I currently owned a Carbonex 6000<---Ya, the antique not the DF(code 271102SP means its from year 2000 right? or before that?)

Question: If I were to restart badminton, will it be better for me to use back the old racket(restring and regrip) or buy a new one? (budget prefer below SGD100) My style is normally defensive cause I can't smack very well (though I would like to learn). Any suggestions here?