75 000 US $ for Lin Dan’s shoe !

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by OldBadFan, Aug 26, 2008.

1. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
  2. rwg05

rwg05 Regular Member

wow...that is a lot of money
    how much do you reckon Roger Federer's shoes would be worth?:rolleyes:

3. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    unfortunately RF had never sling any attire or racket to the spectators...i guess for such a high profile player; any of his belongings could be worth a fortune...millions?:p do u think so?

4. the_oro

the_oro Regular Member

pretty boring profile -_-
    wooow, if lin dan ever wants a new car or two he could just sell one of his shirts

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i guess that is the down side of badminton being too popular.
    Tickets cost more, player's toys cost more:(

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

not exactly, the article said shoes, not shoe:p

yonex marketing need a lesson here.
    they should sell LD version of AT700, not LTD edition.

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

anyone knows what yonex shoes size LD wears?

8. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    beats me. the title is singular but the detail is plural. the price tag is for 1 or a pair? my guess is for 1 cos' there's separate owner for the pair.

will those lucky guys part with such invaluable posession? afterall, those were shoes and racket that won OG gold.

and may i suggest the LD version of OG08-GOLD to be more appropriate.;)

9. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    it says "WOULD BE WORTH" ... has someone already bought them? Are they already up on an auction site? I personally believe this seems kind of optimistic and was quite shocked by the amount. I wonder if Lin Dan will ask for them back after he hears about this?:p If I am not mistaken $75,000 is about the amount you received after winning 3 super series titles?

10. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    meaning possibly, but it could be worth even more if competition is stiff amongst bidders. imo. such memorabilia is priceless.

11. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    2008/08/25

OLYMPIC SILVER: It's not OK, Lin Dan

By : T. RAJENDRA, Petaling Jaya

IT was thoroughly disgusting to see world No 1 badminton player Lin Dan throw his racquet and shoes into the crowd on winning the gold medal at the Beijing Olympics recently.

The world body must put a stop to this sort of behaviour before under-wear and bras start flying in the air.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Monday/Letters/2330729/Article/index_html

Someone's overreacting. They're shoes.. He's still wearing socks.. The racket still has its paint.. :p The only sport that could even have this happen would be beach volleyball, and I'm quite sure it won't be anytime soon. :rolleyes: But really, what a rude implication in the title. To have your medal degraded because of celebrating your victory. They do it in plenty of other sports. You might as well protest that they need fences to protect baseball fans from home run balls.

12. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    i agree. maybe tennis fans from tennis balls and socer fans from...soccer boots?:confused:

afterall such gesture was a sign of gratitude for the support from the fans, wasn't it?

imo. that article seemed to be from a disgruntled diehard ??? fan.:p

13. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    happens all the time, in these forums. I wish they checked out the sticky, especially the part regarding ENGLISH only. The last time i checked BOLEH is not english, but i could be wrong.

14. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    What? What was the point of your quote? What happens all the time in these forums? What about English being the lingua franca of these forums? Where does "BOLEH" come in? It's Malaysian..

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Good news for Games memorabilia hunters
    By Chen Jia
    China Daily
    Updated: 2008-08-28 07:28

If you are interested in something related to the Olympic Games, you could go in for NBA star Yao Ming's bed or the ancient Chinese drums used in the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics.

Media reports say Yao's 2.6-m-long bed in the Olympic Village could fetch up to 2 million yuan ($292,000).

The drums, called fou, however, could come cheaper and definitely easier to get because there are 2,008 of them, and as many umbrellas, each of which comes with a smiling face.

More than 20 million Games memorabilia will soon be put under the hammer, and anybody can bid for them. The auction is estimated to fetch about 1 billion yuan ($146 million).

Information on the auction will be posted on China Beijing Equity Exchange's (CBEX) website (www.cbex.com.cn) soon.

A CBEX manager yesterday said the Beijing Olympics organizing committee (BOCOG) has authorized it to sell the items after Sept 17, that is, after the end of the Paralympic Games.

On some popular auction websites, the bidding for star athletes' belongings has already heated up. The bid for the pair of sneakers men's badminton gold medallist Lin Dan threw into the crowd has risen to 3 million yuan ($439,000).

And the signatures of Yang Wei, who won the men's all-around gymnastics gold, and his teammates are going for 10,000 yuan on taobao.com.

The CBEX manager said: "Every piece of item listed online (for the official auction) will have an accompanying photograph and the contact number of its 'keeper'."

This is not the first time that Games organizers are auctioning such memorabilia but it is definitely the biggest.

Furniture and fixtures, timepieces, light bulbs and a variety of sport equipment, too, will be put under the hammer. And it could take up to two years to auction them all, CBEX president Xiong Yan said.

On Aug 5, in the first stage, the CBEX auctioned off 1,470 pieces of furniture and devices for 23,000 yuan, almost five times the estimated price.

The money raised from the auctions will go to the BOCOG, which has not yet announced what it intends to do with it.

The items to be auctioned include a sedan used by International Olympic Committee President Jacques Rogge.

16. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

It says the pair of sneakers. So both sneakers? Still $439,000 USD...

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

The lucky fan who grabbed the goods was a hot topic of conversation among Lin's die-hard fans online and off.

An online search by a Beijing newspaper yielded a surprising result: more than 100 people claimed to be the lucky ones. A keyword search ("Lin Dan's shoes") on Baidu, China's popular search engine, resulted in a staggering 440,000 hits.

One poster in Lin's online forum reads: "I was cheering for Lin last night, and I have Lin's right foot shoe now." Others questioned the authenticity of his claim: "So long as you have the shoe, why not post a picture to convince us."

Another poster gives specifics about how Lin's shoe fell on top of his head. The poster is offering 100,000 yuan for the other show, which is sill at large.

Other deep-pocketed fans soon dwarfed his offering price. The heftiest offer now stands at half a million yuan, enough to buy an apartment in most Chinese cities.

18. tumnongaer

tumnongaer Regular Member

WoW!!!!!!!!!!! 75000 oho i think very lucky of fan too

but..........i need Racket more

19. Alaric

Alaric Regular Member

IT Consultant
    I wonder whether Baders Jaz has seen this thread! ;)

20. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    wow! current bid for the sneakers; 43900USD? the final price tag would be anyone's guess. so much about the sneakers. any info on the racket? excuse me for being lazy to search.

#20 OldBadFan, Sep 3, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2008