exercises to improve badminton game

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by arik23, Aug 26, 2008.

1. arik23

arik23 New Member

i'm talking about sterngth exercises which dosn't envolve holding a badminton rocket.
    which mussels should I work on more and which less?
    do you have any specific exercises that can help me?

I'm relatively new (about 5 months, not intensive), and would like to improve my game.

thanks in advanced

2. b2harath2

b2harath2 Regular Member

bAdminton student
    For badminton.. the leg muscles are 1st priorty. If you dont have good strong leg muscles, you cant endure long and intensive matches. Since you are a newbie..
    exercise1:25 squats daily
    exercise2:15 leg extensions daily

other important muscle group is shoulder, hand group. For them..
    exercise1:25 push ups daily

Do this everyday.. and increase the intensity as time passes.. you will become a good player with strong muscles
    Good luck

3. arik23

arik23 New Member

I have relatively strong legs, after years of playing soccer and some basketball. I don't feel that my legs is the problem (maybe the tecnique but not there strength).

however I feel that all the musseles which related to the hands and shoulders are weak.
    push ups seems to help.
    do you have any more ideas?

thanks/

4. Blindsided

Blindsided Regular Member

school
    Free weights and body weight exercises. The key is to do it 3-4 days a week. If you aren't consistent you won't see results.

5. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

I'm sure there probably are some good posts if you do a thorough search. And I'm sure the senior members here will soon weigh in.

My two cents is this: Work on postural muscles.
    Sure your legs, pectorals and biceps are important. But stomach and back support the whole body. And the postural muscles of the scapula are very important for your shoulder/arm motions.
    Here is a swimming site that gives some info on rotator cuff muscles, which are easily injured in badminton. http://www.usaswimming.org/USASWeb/...5&Alias=Rainbow&Lang=en-US&mid=700&ItemId=700

good luck

#5 Fidget, Aug 27, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  6. ray_mond

ray_mond Regular Member

sorry if im hijacking the thread, but i have these weights that go into this pouch that can each put a small weight and basically it can wrap around any limb. i believe the combined weight if all the weights are in it is about 2-4lbs?

what excercises can i do with these weights to improve my game awhile im at home?