difference between bg65 and 63?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by lostatse, Aug 26, 2008.

1. lostatse

lostatse Regular Member

Student
    just had a friend ask me to restring her racket. She's been using the same muscle power for years with the original bg63. When I hit a couple of birds and heard the sound it definitely sounds a bit dead and i can hear higher pitch and more "alive" sound from my rackets strung with bg65. However when i look at the www.yonex.co.uk site it rates both strings in the categories as the same with a different description. I just didn't want to feel made her restring for no reason, want to give her a bit more power with better strings. Any experience on bg63 and how it plays? and how it compares to bg65? thanks guys.

2. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    BG63 is much thicker, so PROBABLY feels more soft and bouncy, less "ping" sound. BG65 is probably much better, because durability-wise, BG65 like lasts forever too, and BG65 has more feel.

3. lostatse

lostatse Regular Member

Student
    thanks for info, in terms of repulsion any difference? so with more feel her net play should improve right? or is feel just about everything like drop shots from the back of the court too?

4. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Better feel improves everything. I'm comparing BG65 to BG80 to make these claims, but the same holds true for your situation because we're comparing a thinner string to a thicker string.

Using a thicker string, everything feels soggier. Thinner feels more crisp. This feel means I can control the bounce better, and I get more response from the bird. Power wise, I feel I can smash better with the thinner string (This will probably hold true for your case, but in my case it's probably due to the material properties of BG80).

All in all, restringing is a good idea. BG65 is widely considered a durable string, so there will be little sacrifice in the transition, and a lot of benefits.

Hope it helps.

5. lostatse

lostatse Regular Member

Student
    thank you so much athelete1234 you're a star. I think you're right, stringing with this better string can't do her any harm, she should surely like the results. Thanks again.