Japan Open Photos

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei Open / Japan Open 2008' started by Bobatea, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Bobatea

Bobatea Regular Member

I believe I've taken and uploaded a few photos for the past 2 years of the Japan Open and provided a small amount of personal opinion. Although unplanned, I seem to have ended up being able to go to Japan again on my way back to the states since I have been spending the past few months in South Korea. Unfortunately, since it is unplanned I will not be staying in Japan for the entire tournament like I had the previous years. I will do my best though to try and provide some photos with my amateur DSLR camera and abilities and post whatever I can here.

PS (beware - rant)
    In 2006 I posted a picture which found its way onto Tony Gunawan's site. If you have checked out the "Gallery" section, you will see a picture labeled, "Korea Open 2006" with Tony looking at Candra in yellow shirts as they talk before the match. The design has changed as time has gone on, and is now in its own folder labeled "Korea Open 2006". It was obviously a cropped picture of the 50% scaled one I uploaded. I know that by uploading it to the public it is open game, but I expected a little more from someone who manages Tony Gunawan's site. I view him as one of the greatest and well-respected badminton players, so I am glad to be able to provide something for him, but at least get it right. I sent an email to the one provided on the site expressing that I was glad I could provide something and would even send more (the originals) if needed, and that he had made an error in labeling it since it was indeed a picture taken during the Japan Open 2006.

Afterwards, without a reply the photo's label was changed. But after a short amount of time it reverted back to being labeled the "Korea Open." After saying all this I guess all I want to say is I am disappointed that someone who should know Tony has just ripped off my photo without permission or proper citing, and should have and will watermark my pictures like everyone else has been so smart to do. I apologize for the rant. Just had to get it out there.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Looking fw to the pics..

...yes, we'll look fw to the pics, Bobatea!...:cool:

*As for your complaint, yes, i understood. But deep down, i'm sure everyone knows who took the pic. So, in a way, be happy & proud that someone actually uses your pic.:cool:
    **Don't forget to say hi to Hau-ge, also, if you happen to cross path with him. As he's planning to attend the JO.;)

#2 ctjcad, Aug 27, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  3. Bobatea

Bobatea Regular Member

I'll do my best to get some pics. Uh-oh... just remembered that I didn't bring my zoom lens :(. I'll manage somehow...

If I run into him and know who he is then I'll be sure to say hi.

As for my complaint, I guess I am glad it is being used. Just would like it if it were not blatantly stolen, and on top of that incorrectly labeled. Does not do it justice.

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Am glad you'll be able to cover JO with your crisp pictures and words. Enjoyed your previous editions.
    As for stolen pictures,you're right to rant.Some people just don't understand it matters until they get sued at some stage.But pls regard that as an exception rather than the norm.Don't let such types limit your intellectual generosity;that would be a pity.(I'm sure Cheung would be on the look out to take care of the problem;he's usually very sharp there)
    Oh, don't miss Rudy (maybe someone can post a photo of him).He's great company and Mr Friendship.(My friend, Jennifer,who had a wonderful time at Beijing Olympics,really felt his absence in OG08.)

5. Bobatea

Bobatea Regular Member

Haha thank you for the comment. I'm not really dissuaded by the action, just disappointed. If someone could send me a picture of him then I could meet up with him most likely. I kind of wish I could stay longer (original plan was until the 22nd), but this was unplanned and time equals money in Japan. A lot of money :eek:. Hopefully they will still allow people to take personal video as long as you fill out a form and receive a pass. A HD Camcorder is going to be one of my latest toys :p

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Pictures of Hau-ge..^^

..his pictures have been around in BC, actually;)...Try searching in this yr's Thomas & Uber Cup's sub-forum under the 'Thomas & Uber Cup get-together' thread; lost of pics there..:cool:

#6 ctjcad, Aug 28, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  7. Bobatea

Bobatea Regular Member

After browsing and reading through that entire thread, I finally figured it out :p

8. Magdalena

Magdalena Regular Member

student
    Hi all..i'm new here..
    wow..bobatea..you'll attend JO??
    i hope i can attend it too..but..it's impossible..
    so..enjoy it..and i'm looking forward for all the pics..(of course especially pics of Indonesia player..=) )

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Ripping the photos is a moot point. I have to say, the best way is to put a watermark on the photo. I haven't done so on many of my photos but perhaps it's time to do so, perhaps 2/3rds of the way down the picture.

I've seen some of my previous photos around on the net. Another korean player has one of mine on her blog. I'm glad she likes the photo

10. clinton

clinton Regular Member

sw engineer
    Hey, good to know you're alive and well and get to go to Japan Open this year again. We're planning activities for you when you come back already.

11. NinE_GP

NinE_GP Regular Member

hi guys,
    japan open is start today..
    if u see Nitya/Greysia game, can u take pictures of them??
    Nitya/Greysia game is start at 5.20 P.M (Japan's time) on 18th Sept

12. bao_ambar

bao_ambar Regular Member

student
    wew . nine . u still looking for greysia pict where ever she is? hhe ..

13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

any photos yet?

14. NinE_GP

NinE_GP Regular Member

haha.. of course i am :D
    i'm on of her huge fan.. greysiaholic^^

15. rhinovinda

rhinovinda Regular Member

Scientist
    First photo from me, Taufik vs Ng Wei

Attached Files:

16. rhinovinda

Scientist
    Here we go the serve...

Attached Files:

17. rhinovinda

Scientist
    Bad return from Ng Wei, Taufik easily finished it...

Attached Files:

18. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    wow is taufik using arcsaber 10?

19. rhinovinda

Scientist
    Yes he did. Wow your eyes are very sharp.

20. rhinovinda

Scientist
    Here is a slight clearer picture of taufik's racket.

Attached Files: