York University Badminton

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by schwab, Aug 28, 2008.

1. schwab

schwab Regular Member

Are there anyone here who plays @ York (Mckenzie Bldg) throughout the year? The badminton schedule is Mon & Thurs: 8:00am - 4:00pm and Fri: 1:30pm-4:00pm

I'm just curious.. Coz York University is just a walking distance from my place I wanna play with someone before school starts! LOL

2. PerryH

PerryH Regular Member

Analyst
    Hey,

During the summer, anybody can go play at Tait Mackenzie for free given that you have a valid YorkU student card. If not, you will have to pay a (i believe) $10 drop in fee. Once you're inside, you will have to give them some id as collateral so you can borrow a net from the front desk. After that, all you have to do is find a an open court space and set up the nets yourself (the poles should be on the side). You are also free to use lower or upper gym, whichever you can find.

As for the school year, there is a York Badminton Club which you are free to join. Membership is $15 for the whole year and you must have a valid YorkU id card. The club runs every Mondays, Thursdays in the lower gym from 1:30pm - 4:30pm and Fridays in the upper gym from 1:30pm - 4:30pm. If you are not a YorkU student, you can still always pay the drop in fee at the front desk of $10, and attend the York Badminton Club meetings for a fee of $2 per session.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to email http://www.yorku.ca/yubc/

Hope this helped!

3. dert45

dert45 Regular Member

The club starts up again for the new school year on Sept 5th. See you there!

4. schwab

schwab Regular Member

Although that is a very wonderful news, it saddens me that I may not participate with this upcoming school year due to my hectic schedule ahead of me:crying: (maybe only Fri) I'm going there tom and see if there is someone I can play against with. *crosses fingers

yea, I know it's kinda late...

5. blahz

blahz Regular Member

Student, in need of a job, anyone hiring? =P
    you can pay membership for the year or something and play rec badminton. I know there's rec badminton Friday nights, not sure about other nights though. you can grab a few people and go in for the open gym.