User Tag List

Thread: Contact time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Contact time

Is there like a rule in badminton which says how long the shuttle can be in contact with the racquet for? I was just thinking cause you could just catch shuttle on racquet and put it over the net...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I feel that the shuttle has to be hit with one swoop (this includes the rim). I feel if the shuttle become attached to the strings in the contect you can 'throw' the racquet over the net to win the point is not allowd. I think the rule is in them certain cirumstances it is to be a let and the point is played again. But one question, why play with a shuttle this is in such a bad condition that it gets caught to the stings anyway? Shuttles are changed very reguarly and therefore there is a slim chance of this happening.

Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant catch as in when some1 brings the racquet down with the shuttle and the shuttle ends up resting on the racquet cheating I know but it is kinda still one movement
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default held shuttle

i don't know of any time restriction for a held shuttle, but the situation is covered by Law 13.6.1 which states:

It is a 'fault'... if, in play, the shuttle... is caught and held on the racket and then slung during the execution of a stroke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

however, the final say is still with the umpire.
    most slunged shots are not cut and dry.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

When looking at this rule, the rule does not say 'caught OR slung'. It says 'caught AND slung'

Therefore a shuttle which slides across the racquet during a stroke(which some regard as a sling shot) would be quite legal. Many people might regard this as a fault but I don't think so.

The rule seems to be there to stop people catching the shuttle with a racquet, walking up to the net, and then slinging the shuttle to the ground on the opponent's side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd agree with you Cheung. a shuttle that slides across the racket face shouldn't be considered illegal unless it experiences a directional change that is due to a discontinuity of the racket motion. i'm using 'discontinuity' in the mathematical sense (as in a discontinuous function).

when a shuttle (or ball in tennis), slides across the strings & then hits the frame, it is perceived as a double-hit. i believe that THIS type of double is a legal hit in both sports.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

evil idea's

it's just a feeling, what you are allowed to and not
    i had 1 time in a sort of cross drop the shuttle stay on my racket and after a time fly further (just 0,8sec or something) and that can, but don't take the shuttle on your racket run to the net and drop it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had experiences of this too. Has anyone got an idea what the rules say about scooping the shuttle from the ground? Often I play shots where my racket hits the ground cos I am forced to take it so late. But is it ok to play the shuttle if it did not touch the ground but your racket does whilst playing the shot? I hope you understand what I mean its hard to explain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

Yup, this stroke or shot is fine. Aslong as the shuttle doesn't touch the grund, then if your playing a defensive shot adn the racket hits the ground, this is perfectly legal.

Matt