Players wanted at Changi Simei CC (3 mins walk from Simei MRT)

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by iodoethane, Sep 1, 2008.

1. iodoethane

iodoethane Regular Member

Game designer
    As above, anyone is welcome but do note that Simei is quite far in the east, just before Tampines =)

Date: Tuesday, 16 Sep 2008.
    Venue: Changi Simei CC (near Simei MRT)
    Time: 4.30pm - 6.30pm, Court 2

Sorry for the not-so-convenient timing, booked kinda late so the later slots all taken... since I only booked 1 court, looking for max 6 players ba? Cost will depend on no. of people. If 4 or less = $3 each, 6 persons = $2 each. 5 more slots available:

1) me
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)

Yonex shuttlecocks will be provided (not sure how good they are though so if you have any particular preference you're welcome to bring your own), you just have to bring your own gear & racquet. My level is probably high-beginner to low-intermediate, so looking for players of around the same range... but of course anyone is welcome =) Please PM me or just post here if you want to play.

For those who've not played at Changi Simei CC before, it's one of the newer CCs, very clean, relatively good lighting. Better than the other CCs I've played at so far (not that I've played at many different CCs). It's got clean toilets and a water cooler too, and a coffee shop at the CC itself so you can makan after playing if you like.

2. tanleels

tanleels Regular Member

good for u, taking the initiative to start the game... u should be able to get some players i hope; it's school holidays. if not pm me, i can join u but only for 5:30 to 6:30 slot - working lah...

u may want to take note that by collecting 6 pax*$2 each, only enough to cover the cost for your court - u will b paying the shuttles out of ur own pocket (that's ok, if u can afford).

all above for simei is true but the lighting is not too good...

3. iodoethane

Game designer
    Haha tks ^^ Yah I was trying to get a later timeslot but Simei CC quite popular it seems... actually by 16th Sep won't be school holidays anymore right? Only 1 week break this week... but yah hopefully students or those with flexible working hours or something can join haha.

Yup I have some shuttlecocks to spare so at least for this session I can 'sponsor' them. For the lighting at Simei... let's just say it's still better than the other CCs I've played at. Only better place I've tried is the SIA sports club at Upper Changi Road there...

4. vncnt65

vncnt65 Regular Member

As above, anyone is welcome but do note that Simei is quite far in the east, just before Tampines =)

Sorry for the not-so-convenient timing, booked kinda late so the later slots all taken... since I only booked 1 court, looking for max 6 players ba? Cost will depend on no. of people. If 4 or less = $3 each, 6 persons = $2 each. 5 more slots available:

1) me
    2) vincent - beginner (will be there by 5pm)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)

Yonex shuttlecocks will be provided (not sure how good they are though so if you have any particular preference you're welcome to bring your own), you just have to bring your own gear & racquet. My level is probably high-beginner to low-intermediate, so looking for players of around the same range... but of course anyone is welcome =) Please PM me or just post here if you want to play.

For those who've not played at Changi Simei CC before, it's one of the newer CCs, very clean, relatively good lighting. Better than the other CCs I've played at so far (not that I've played at many different CCs). It's got clean toilets and a water cooler too, and a coffee shop at the CC itself so you can makan after playing if you like.

5. tanleels

tanleels Regular Member

ya, i realise that after hitting the submit button... sigh, old already lah; the brain and limbs don't work well with each other now...

vincent - good man but still beginner - sure or not??

6. iodoethane

Game designer
    Thanks vincent, yay got 2 of us now... hope at least will have 4 else I cannot tahan singles all the way, sure die.

Tanleels, you want to put down your name first?

7. tanleels

tanleels Regular Member

leave it for the time being...

old man hor veri stubborn one; once commited then die, die must do it one... let other players have a chance to sign-up lah... come 15 sept - if still needed then i sign up - ok...

8. iodoethane

Game designer
    I see haha ok tks =)

By the way I'll also be trying to book a court at Simei CC for Saturdays from 27th September onwards, trying for mornings 9.30am-11.30am or 10.30am-12.30pm... will anyone be interested in Sat morning sessions? =)

9. tanleels

tanleels Regular Member

i tink i ok with the 9:30 am session but let me confirm n come back to u later this evening... goto check the family schedule lah - veri troublesome hor :eek::eek:...

10. Yenny

Yenny Regular Member

hey, i will be interested, but I will move to somewhere around there only in Oct. Now it is still too far for me :p

11. iodoethane

Game designer
    tanleels -> It's ok, 27th still a long way away, don't have to confirm now. I think I'll still go ahead and book anyway, Sat morning most likely will have people ba =) Take your time and let me know after you check... also not confirm I will be able to book it anyway, the weekend slots go very fast ^^;

Yenny -> haha ok I'll take note, do check back here after you move in Oct then =)

12. tanleels

tanleels Regular Member

ok, will do... tq...

13. iodoethane

Game designer
    Anyone else free to join? So far got 2 confirmed and 2 maybe =)

14. tanleels

tanleels Regular Member

1) me
    3) tanlee (try to sneak out early if i can...)
    4)
    5)
    6)

15. iodoethane

Game designer
    Tks tanlee ^^ missingfeather said he'll attend if he's still in SG then... hopefully we'll have at least 4 pple

16. yyAMT700

yyAMT700 Regular Member

i wish to play there but ... the time ...Time: 4.30pm - 6.30pm, seems like
    no suitable for office hours player ler .. can suggest next game hour around
    630pm onward .. definetely more pples will join ..:)

17. iodoethane

Game designer
    Sorry about that, cos I booked too late, the latest slot available was 4.30-6.30 ^^ I'll be trying for Sat morning slots from now on, either 9.30-11.30am or 10.30 - 12.30noon. Got a court for Sat 27th morning =)

18. max0220

max0220 Regular Member

hey i posted in your other post on the later date. maybe i'll join u guys tomorrow. u have msn? i'll add u to confirm with u

19. iodoethane

Game designer
    I PM'ed u my contact liao. Got msn but won't always be online so sms me better =)

The list for tmrw is:
    1) me
    4) max0220 (not confirmed yet)
    5)
    6)

Hope you can make it then we'll have 4 persons just nice ^^

20. iodoethane

Game designer
    The list for tmrw is:
    1) me
    4) max0220 (confirmed liao ^^)
    5)
    6)