AT300 v AT700

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ac2539, Sep 2, 2008.

1. ac2539

ac2539 Regular Member

Student
    So...I have been using an Armortec 300 for the past year, then I just broke it a few days ago. I went out to buy a new racket today, and the shop I go to had one more Armortec 300. He priced me $125 for the AT300 and $170 for the AT700, so I bought the 300. But when I got home, my friend messaged me that he'll sell me his AT700 that hes never really used for $150. Damn it. The shop is about ten miles away from my school, and my school is about 25 miles away from my home, so I sort of dont wanna drive back and return it. But I'm not sure. Is there that much of a difference between the two rackets? I'm looking at about a $20 difference, and the hassle of going back to the shop. What do you guys think?

Btw...first post right here! Woo!

edit - I just realized I posted this in the wrong subforum. Should be in racket recommendation forum. Oops, oh well.

#1 ac2539, Sep 2, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  2. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    AT 300 vs AT 700

Hi ac2539,
    AT300 is a cheaper racket n is well balanced but a bit fragile racket. If u play double with this racket n crash with other. Then the most probable outcome v be cracked n bye bye.:( AT 700 on the other hand, is a powerful racket. In Spore, it is sold for more than S$200/- whereas AT 300 is sold for S$145/- to around S$165/- depending whether u know how to bargain or not.:p For the difference of $20/-, it is definitely worth of getting AT 700 for that matter.;)
    However, if yr transport fees to n fro from yr home costs more than this, then u may need to consider the option.:D
    Lee:)

3. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    Wow, $170 for a US-coded AT-700 is already pretty good. I would say in terms of their balance, the 300 isn't as head-heavy, so it'll be easier to use, but since you've already broken one, you may want to try out the AT-700. Why don't you ask to hit a few shuttles with it, if it's your friend's? Unless, of course, it's unstrung.

4. ac2539

ac2539 Regular Member

Student
    They are both strung, heh. Except his is strung at a higher tension than I'm used to. I already gave in, and decided to keep the AT300, took off the plastic around the grip and regripped it already. Maybe at another time...when I have more money (scratch that, when I actually HAVE money), I'll buy that AT700 from him. I dont like my current backup racket. Its a fake racket, Armortec 600, haha, and its a good length shorter than my AT300 so Im not used to it, and its pretty head heavy. I also noticed that his AT700 is from SP, so I wouldnt be able to do anything about it if I needed to send it in under warranty. And also, the grip size is smaller, don't know how I'd like that.

5. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    Warranties aren't that helpful, unless it's really a defect. I wouldn't say it'd matter.

6. ac2539

ac2539 Regular Member

Student
    Oh. Because for my previous AT300, it started cracking on the inside part of the frame, and I sent it in, and I got a new one. So this time, if something happens again to my AT300, and I send it in...since they dont make AT300 anymore, I'd get the next model up...which would be the AT700...haha, woo.