anyone use Karakal rakets?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by dodong_bunal, Sep 4, 2008.

1. dodong_bunal

dodong_bunal New Member

student
    anyone using Karakal rakets?Ive seen this new raket in the store..the seller said its cheap ang yet can reach till 30lb..

2. SpinAxel

SpinAxel Regular Member

I do, and so does many of my fellow players in our home court. What the seller is saying is true. It's relatively cheap yet can be strung up to 30lbs with no prob. My Karakal racket is a M-Tec 70.

3. Karakalkat

Karakalkat Regular Member

Distributor for Karakal
    Maybe the best buy on the market...super strong and hard to chip paint....I work for distributor in Vietnam and in one years time we have only had 2 rackets returned for warranty and we offer 4 months warranty....I have strung the M-Tec 80 up to 17 kilo....

4. jerby

jerby Regular Member

I have searched a bit, and can't find a comprehensive review.

as far as I know, karakal's top-rackets are the SL70, SL80, Mtec 70/75/80/85/90 ?
    Now, the weights are known (70, 80, grams etc)

But I can't find anything on their:
    length, stiffness, balance, available gripsizes, etc...

can anybody help?

5. yeeah

yeeah Regular Member

The mass on the racquets is misleading. I have bought 4 Mtec-70 now and they are all roughly 82g (Yonex 4U equiv?). So if a Mtec-70 is 82g, I can only imagine that a Mtec-80 is 92g (wow!).

Printed right on the racquet itself, it says it can take upto 30lbs of string. Mines BG80 at 24x26 lbs.

Grip sizes are 3 1/4", 3 3/8", 3 1/2" and 3 5/8". That's definately not the traditional grip size measurement i'm used to, maybe that's a grip length? I have the 3 1/4". It's is quite small and probably comparable (by feel and memory) to my Yonex G4.

Balance on my Mtec-70 is between 28-29cm (mid balanced?). I have 2 super PU grips on it.

Length is 675 mm.

Paint durability is supreme compared to Yonex these days. Not a chip, not a scratch yet. I have clashed racquets, scraped the floor and hit the rim many times. I don't know if this is "normal" or great paint durability or if Yonex is just that bad.

I don't have much reference in which to review it. I come from 670mm Aerotus-70 and 110 oval heads. In comparison I feel that my defense has definately increased. But that could be due to the extra reach and ISO head design. I like it. I convinced 2 other friends to buy it as well (hence the 4 racquets). For 80USD, definately great bang for the buck.

Contact http://www.giadinhsports.com/english/ for more information. I bought my first Mtec-70 there and Sunny has all the info you would need. He does push the Mtec-80 Tatoo though ;) Good luck.

6. jerby

jerby Regular Member

well, the Mtec tatoo looks insane ;) (I love it:))

Thansk for all measurements, I just read that '70 grams' means 'the frame weighs 70 grams' (not measuring the weight of the grip)
    So yeah, I guess you can add 5-10g for the total weight. (but, 92grams weight isn't really that heavy ;))

as for the grip measurements: it's like sotx's system, measuring circumference (3.25 3.50 3.625 inches in circumference)
    I'm just glad they pack 3.50's, G3's....

Thanks for your help man! great!