need help with technique ,new racket

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by painkilla86, Sep 7, 2008.

1. painkilla86

painkilla86 Regular Member

student
    Sinds the beginning of the season i have bough a at700lt 3u. This racket is almost the opposite of my previous racket. its heavy'er, more head heavy, longer, smaller handle, stronger tension, more stiff. As a result my timing is destroyed. its getting better now after 2 hours total play and my drops are good again. Only the problem are the clear and smash. This racket should give loads more power but when i smash the shuttle goes kinda straight forward. What am i doing wrong then? hitting to early or late? to low? to little snapping with wrist?

Same for clear i just cant get it from baseline to baseline. And the strange thing is i can do pretty easely do backhands clears now even further then my forehand. So i suppose i just need to play and grow into it? And how long does it usually take to feel comfortable with your new racket? some weeks? or am i expecting to much after just 2 hours of play after spring break doing basicly nothing about my fysicle condition :p

2. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    just make sure you are using more than just you arm to hit your clears and all. It shudnt make too much of a diff like. sometimes after a while you can get used to hitting clears with just your arm esp if you stuck and then when you have the time not bother using your whole body

Just remember to bring the racket full way behind your head, twist the hips, step into the shot and reali throw your shoulder at the shot. When you do it rite, it wil feel and sound rite

hope this helps :D

3. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40187

By the sound of your problem you say that it is a totally different racquet. So i'm guessing your previous racquet was very flexible.
    The thread i have pasted above explains the difference between the a stiff and a flexible racquet using the same action.

It'll take some time to adjust to the new racquet.
    But if you try to hit steeper then i think that'll help.

Hope that helps

4. blundey

blundey Regular Member

if it helps took me a good week/6hrs of continious play to get used to mine. Just stick with it and dont revert back to your old racket.