need help with buying a new bag

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by george_wong, Sep 7, 2008.

1. george_wong

george_wong New Member

hey everyone

i'd like your insight and knowledge on buying a new 2 compartment bag by yonex, and preferably with backpack straps as well

these are the things i'd like to fit in
    2~4 rackets +/- cover
    2 half a dozen birdie tubes
    2 bottles of water
    towerl
    a couple of grips
    wallet
    change of clothes
    shoes (prefered seperate shoe compartment)
    and most importantly, my dinner (i hate using a seperate lunch bag)

i've searched around on forums.. but all i find are bags that are humongous, too old, or something i cant buy around me.
    im hoping to find a bag.. in black or grey color scheme, not too big and can fit the stuff above and also soemthing I can buy in hk.
    my mom's heading back to hk soon, and she said she'd pick up a bag for me.. but shes badminton illiterate, so i'll need a picture and address for her.

these are the bags i've considered:
    http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bt64yk5.jpg
    this one im not too fond of, because of color, but i really like the shoe compartment, and i've seen people make this bag pretty small as well

http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bt6bl1jf5.jpg
    this one is the one im aiming for, its black, seems like it can fit all i need, and its not too obvious when i walk into a gym (dont like attention) and the side pockets look really nice too

thanks

2. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    The second one that you're referring to should be SUNR 712 (BT6), if you go to Rose Sports in Mongkok, they should be selling it for less than $250 (i think). That will be the SP version, the material is thinner and probably won't be too durable if you carry heavy loads.
    [​IMG]
    Or you can pay more than double to get the JP version BAG712PR. Better material and more comfortable straps.

[​IMG]

3. skunklover

skunklover Regular Member

student
    ui have the smaller version of bag 1.
    good bag that one is
    bag 2 my friend has. the shoe compt is smaller, but its not a bad bag either

4. george_wong

george_wong New Member

okay thank you very much. by thinner and lighter loads, what do you mean? how much more thicker is the jp version? how prone is it to breaking, if i use the bag moderately?