User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb New Clothing Company Looking To Sponsor People...

Hi all,

Chain Smoking Monkey is a new clothing company looking to sponsor people in the Badminton community. If you would like to see what we're all about, please visit our website at www.chainsmokingmonkey.com ! There is a link to sign up for sponsorhip on the right-hand side of the website, or simply go there directly at www.chainsmokingmonkey.com/sponsor.php .

Thanks for your time guys! Hope you don't consider this spamming, we're just looking for some new folks and venues to sponsor.

beatbox32

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

not sure if i'd want to be sponsored by a company whose name and logo is a "chain-smoking monkey". IMHO, that's a bad image for anybody, and esp bad for the young men and women here who love badminton.

smoking is bad for badminton, and bad for health in general. don't do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Hear..hear..

I 100% agree with you Kwun..I'm assuming chain smokin monkey isn't exactly advertising cigarettes, is it beatbox? But still..very bad name IMHO..

One of the biggest turn-off about guys (for me anyway) is seeing a cigarette hanging in a guy's mouth...eeeew yuck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default British at heart...

Well I suppose I should have included this in my initial post, but our company is deeply based in ironic humor. You can read more about the meaning behind our company and it's business statement in the first two paragraphs of our disclaimer, which is located here: http://www.chainsmokingmonkey.com/disclaimer.html .

Thanks for the responses,

beatbox32

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

No offence, but i wouldn't wear a smoking monkey on my shirt. It could be a waste of time asking because a smoking monkey doesn't really support and show the aspects of badminton. How many fat guys with string vest tops and stubble do you see running around? Ironic humour ok, but when it comes to badminton, not alot of people would see this as a good sponsor.
    Sorry, but i wish you all the best

Matt

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

despite the intention and claim of being "ironic humor", by looking at the logo, and the shirt designs in the website, i see nothing but graphics and texts that conveys the message: "smoking is cool". which highly contradicts the claimed meaning of the company.

perhaps there is humor that i am not understanding, or perhaps it was humor not quite getting to its audience correctly.

smoking is bad. don't do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all i can say is that i don't want a monkey on my back

beatbox32, not to be taking offensive but rather a constructive criticism, can't you come up with a better slogan or image than a smoking monkey? Even "flying monkey or Crazy monkey" would go better with the general public. Free tip for ya, you would have better luck with sponsorship from deep pocketed cigarette companies than here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by kwun
    despite the intention and claim of being "ironic humor", by looking at the logo, and the shirt designs in the website, i see nothing but graphics and texts that conveys the message: "smoking is cool". which highly contradicts the claimed meaning of the company.

perhaps there is humor that i am not understanding, or perhaps it was humor not quite getting to its audience correctly.

smoking is bad. don't do it.

Kwun,

You can't see the humour? Strange ass monkeys in your area

Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool How about...

Originally posted by cooler
    all i can say is that i don't want a monkey on my back

beatbox32, not to be taking offensive but rather a constructive criticism, can't you come up with a better slogan or image than a smoking monkey? Even "flying monkey or Crazy monkey" would go better with the general public. Free tip for ya, you would have better luck with sponsorship from deep pocketed cigarette companies than here.
    If you really wants to be cool, how about ""Flying Shuttle, Smashing Monkey"? Then it's more badminton orientated?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I visited your site and read your disclaimer, so I understand your intent.

Looks like you supply primarily for skateboarding, which is particularly big here in So. Calif., and you want to branch out. I think you'll get some players interested, depending on the quality, price, and suitability of the products.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have also visited the site and browse through their stuff and I gotta say that humour or not. The name and logo is sending the wrong message.

In one of the link on the site, it has a picture of the logo hung on the wall of a cigar making factory with the caption "...looking over workers at one of his many factories..."

I know that the logo was digitally scanned and modified into the picture but caption gave me a way totally different message than ironic humour.

We might not be cool skateboarders but we definitely have morals and principles that we follow regardless of whether they are considered cool or not.

I just think that badminton is the wrong sport for the apparel and what it stands for.

Good luck with your business expansion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: British at heart...

Originally posted by beatbox32
    Well I suppose I should have included this in my initial post, but our company is deeply based in ironic humor. You can read more about the meaning behind our company and it's business statement in the first two paragraphs of our disclaimer, which is located here: http://www.chainsmokingmonkey.com/disclaimer.html .

Thanks for the responses,

beatbox32
    Regardless, it's a marketing disaster IMHO.
    No way will you be successful in sponsering many badminton players. (Sorry for being so striaght forward)

A good example is a car being manufactured by Nissan or some other big car manufacturing companies quite some time ago... They named the car Blue Bird which when translated to Hokkien, means "Lan Jiao". And "Lan Jiao" translated back to English means Penis. Obviously, the car didn't sell well though some pple might have bought it....