User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adelina76
    I just found out that IBM has revert back to the old point system of 3x15 which is good..always thought the 7x5 was a bit silly..BUT..

I am sooooooo annoyed that they are going to reduce the points for women's doubles and mix doubles to ELEVEN (11) points!! What are they thinking! That's downright sexism and discrimination! Okey, fine, for telecasting purposes, I can understand that watching the women's doubles isn't exactly heart pumping and stopping event, (although I always thought watching Gei Fei and Gei Chun from China playing doubles were very entertaining), still, it is not fair!!!! It is bad enough they dont' think we are good enough to play to 15 points in the singles, but to reduce women's doubles to 11 points? It's an outrage! GRRRRRRRRR...

sorry.. just needed to vent that frustration..*POUT*
    Hmm .. I can commiserate.. Women today at the Pro level are very well conditioned, and in fact I think can even play singles 1 - 15. And speed is not the only source of excitment.. sometimes a very cleverly placed shot or a deceptive shot is also a source for appreciation..

(conspiracy theory mode: Is the ibf pres a s__ist..?? He wants more 'appealing' fashion and now this...LOL!!!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    badminton central championship! yes!
    Hmm -- very good Idea... I could work out something here with the Association of tour o[perators...... lower hotel rates, ariport pickups etc..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    5x7 was indeed to short. but then: 5x7=35 while 3x15=45 big difference..
    5x9=45 ..seems good to mee..
    with 3x15 you need to make 30 points to win.
    with 5x9 you need 27 points to win..

good enough for me..
    I agree 9x5 or 11x5[5 games a match] might make a good scoring.i would like rally point scoring to be tried with that kind of system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well ! I don't like changes, grew up with playing 15 point any other scoring systems would seems weird !
    Same goes with Woman, what's wrong with 11 points.

Sexism ?, where do we ( as a society ) draw the line, how about letting woman play in Men events, come on!, let's not make an issues out of nothing.

any golfer out there ?, Men and woman does not Tee off from same place, woman have shorter distances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some mixed thoughts :-D

* I am happy that they don't go to 21 system!

* I am happy that the keep 3x15 for mens singles

* 9x5 could actually be sligthly longer than 3x15 in tight matchen (11-10,11-10,10-11,10-11,10-11) (105pts vs. 17-16,16-17,16-17: 99pts)

* I can't really see a huge problem to explain for new viewers a scoring different for the women's game than for the men. It's not "that" hard to explan that first to 11 wins in the women game and first to 15 in the mens game :-)
    On the other hand, I think 3x15 for all disciplines would work as well, so I would say that having the same scoring for all discipliens sounds to be simplest and celanest..

Why not let the women pros vote if they want to keep 3x11 or go to 3x15.. (And as i stated before I think it's better to have completely separete events and for the different disciplines anyway, as most players these days are specialized in a certain discipline anyway!!)

* I agree with previous posts, that it sounds like IBF's angel on things have been quite wrong.. "We shall change the scoring", "How should we change it?".. Instead of asking.. "what do we want to accomplish", "is changing the scoring the best method?".

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, as a girl I would prefer to play 15 points. 11 points is just too short. Any of you guys tried playing 11 points before? You'll realise that the game is over before it even started! There's no space for 'comebacks', whereas in 15 point games jumping from 2-12 to 12-12 is easier.

I think I may be a bit left behind.. is the 21 point scoring without service really going to be introduced?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TV Coverage of Badminton

I am not downgrading ladies doubles but people watching the game on TV is what is going to be the savior of Badminton as a major sport....I love the ladies but they can produce some of the slowest games I have ever seen...
    This may be an underlying reason for the 3x11...I am not being sexist so please dont mis-understand me, I am only interested in the sport becoming a major one in the future...I like the idea of 5x7 for all competitors because of the closer ending producing excitment for the TV audiences....Scoring should be the same for all players!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doh!!! For a moment there, I thought IBF have just made another changes back to the 3x15 scoring system when I realize that this thread goes back to year 2002.

Thanks for the suspense, Dream Hai.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same here, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG i laughed all the way from the beginning.... whahha heating discussions over a 4 year old thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DutchRion
    OMG i laughed all the way from the beginning.... whahha heating discussions over a 4 year old thread
    It was fun wasnt it? Anyway tomorrow 18 may 2006 will be the end of it I hope...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, and the real fun thing is people arguing over ladies playing 3X11, while the new point system is very different! .... oops, got to go now! champions league finals barcelona VS arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Traditional system preferred

Dear Adelina,

Best of 15x3 n 11x3 shows true potential of players.Taufik just isnt interested at all.I believe he had already retire n playing for time being just to satisfy others.

Rgds,
    titanium

Quote Originally Posted by adelina76
    I just found out that IBM has revert back to the old point system of 3x15 which is good..always thought the 7x5 was a bit silly..BUT..

I am sooooooo annoyed that they are going to reduce the points for women's doubles and mix doubles to ELEVEN (11) points!! What are they thinking! That's downright sexism and discrimination! Okey, fine, for telecasting purposes, I can understand that watching the women's doubles isn't exactly heart pumping and stopping event, (although I always thought watching Gei Fei and Gei Chun from China playing doubles were very entertaining), still, it is not fair!!!! It is bad enough they dont' think we are good enough to play to 15 points in the singles, but to reduce women's doubles to 11 points? It's an outrage! GRRRRRRRRR...

sorry.. just needed to vent that frustration..*POUT*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhm... that post is like 4 years old..... havent you noticed there is a whole new point system going on?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3