Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Worst Injury??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by kwun
    back to topic.

surprisingly, i haven't seen that many sprained ankled or wrist.
    I've sprained my right ankle 4 times from bad jump smash landings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

Sometimes i get an aching in my right knee. Its not persistant and comes and goes say every 3 months. Not surprising though as badminton IS one of the most physical sports, and seeing as i jump smash i lot, i probablt bring it on myself.

Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ruptured Knee Ligaments as i mentioned before, going for a backhand shot (happened stupidly as i was undecided in choosing to go round the head or just a back hand). ''Oh yeah when it happens the knee makes a nice popping sound''

Things that you suffer are having to sit on the toilet with one leg extended, going up the stairs with the leg that is not injured first, going up stairs with your bum, slipping up in the bath tub, slipping up on crutches, acheing palms from crutches, people accidentally walking into your leg, people playing with your crutches, people stealing your crutches, people giving witch doctor advice to heal your leg, Oh yeah waiting outside the x-ray room with no bottoms on (with woman looking at you), waiting to see your leg attended to for 2 hours and many more. I tell you what, injuries are the strangest of times There is many more but i can't be botherd to write down ......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah i've seen full on smash in a mens doubles game where the kill of a shuttle ended up in someones eye (had to call an ambulance in) That was a site.... But funnily enough the guys all laugh about it afterwards. So funny, looking back as the person who went for the kill of the shuttle in the opponents eye, he kept saying ''sorry i didn't mean it'' afterwards for about a million times till the ambulance left.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Sprained ankles..arrrrgghhH!

speak of the devil...had a badminton training session last night..guess what I did? Exactly..was playing doubles with this girl who basically hates doubles and she decided last night she wasn't going to move at all, so I was covering a lot of her shots and ended up trying too hard, falling down and twisting my ankle quite badly (or so it felt at the time..) my stupid coach thought he was so funny when he came around to see what happened. He said, "are you okey? (pause) Well, as long as no bone is sticking out, it can't be bad..." Kinda wish I had a grenade at that time, would have loved to shove it down his big mouth and watch the fireworks..me, nasty? nah..I'm like a lil white lamb..*smiles innocently*

anyway, hobbling around work today..*mutter*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing better than walking on a freshly sprained ankle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fortunately i didn't have too much injuries over the years.
    3 years ago, my shoulder did hurt while smashing, but that was due to
    playing badminton, tennis and squash at the same time that summer
    Happily the pain went away totally in one season without too hard smashing
    Since a year, my right knee hurts. After seeing a doctor
    (sport medical advice centre) i'm doing daily excercises to improve muscle
    strength in the upper leg. This helps a lot ! I'm so relieved with the results,
    i really didn't want to see a doctor because i was afraid for bad news
    (stop playing).
    Matt, be carefull with your knee, maybe simple excercises will prevent from worse.
    If you experience pain regularly, go for a consult.

Once during a tournament, i played a tough match against an opponent, a guy i
    know well. He was leading, but play was sharp and both didn't give anything away.
    At a particular point he dropped, came to the net, i played over him to the back,
    and he twisted his knee while running backwards. He had a lot of pain, had
    to be carried off by an ambulance. He couldn't play for more than a year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few months ago, I was playing singles against someone. I hit an offensive clear to his backhand, and caught him off guard. He went for a backhand drop, and I thought he was going to drop to the near side. As I was moving up to anticipate his return, it turned out that he was cross-courting. I changed direction in mid-step, and my leg wobbled weird. I couldn't stand on it after for a few days.

I had jammed by leg into my hip, and it hasn't recovered fully yet. Every time I bring my knee high and bring it down, my hip "pops." Without fail. It doesn't hurt, but I'm kind of worried. I've started taking shark cartilage to try and help.

Anyone else had this problem of the hip "popping" every time it goes up and down?

Phil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

Ouch, painful! Hope you ok! Anyone had tennis elbow or a weak knee? These are the most common and to be honest, tennis elbow KILLS! I had it one where i played like 7 times a weak and there is not a pain like it! It's a continuos ache, really annoying. Anyone suffered with this?

Matt

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Phil

I had jammed by leg into my hip, and it hasn't recovered fully yet. Every time I bring my knee high and bring it down, my hip "pops." Without fail. It doesn't hurt, but I'm kind of worried. I've started taking shark cartilage to try and help.

Anyone else had this problem of the hip "popping" every time it goes up and down?

Phil
    both my ankles pops if i moved them from up to down. it can click for 5 times in a row. and then if i wait a minute or two, i can repeat it again. i never figured out why that's the case, but i have always blamed that on playing too much badminton since i was small.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink The other horrible injury....

...is the one that's in my head..it's called psychological injury..the symptoms are when you are playing competitively against someone that you know you should beat and instead of thinking "I'm going to win" you think.."I shouldn't lose" and you end up being upset by this player..Now, that's a very awful injury that takes a long time to get over and heal!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matt

If you get tennis elbow then you should look to the size of your grip. Opinion varies but I believe that if your grip is too small then you have to grip harder with your fingers, eventually causing tennis elbow from the repetitive strain placed on the finger muscles located near your elbow. It also cannot be doing much for your racquet carriage either.

I think that I have avoided countless injuries by not having played competitive singles since I was sixteen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I've only ever had tennis elbow once and that was last year. I dont suffer from it any more but thanks for the information

Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Phil

Phil
    Something in my back pops when I bring my right knee up and extend my leg out, as in a karate kick. I've had it most of my life, and it doesn't hurt or affect my playing or anything I normally do, so I don't worry about it.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Slanter
    Matt

If you get tennis elbow then you should look to the size of your grip. Opinion varies but I believe that if your grip is too small then you have to grip harder with your fingers, eventually causing tennis elbow from the repetitive strain placed on the finger muscles located near your elbow. It also cannot be doing much for your racquet carriage either.

I really wonder about that theory. If the grip is small, then yes, the person might hold the racquet tighter but in HK, we are told to hold the racquet loosely and tightening on certain parts of the stroke. In fact, a smaller grip may facilitate finger skills.

Therefore, one possible conclusion is that a person holding a racquet tightly is actually holding the racquet incorrectly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the worst are acute pains. as long as u play..the pain will be there. u stop playing..the pain stops. who's going to stop badminton for pains?hehe
    I have back problems. took an xray and seems that my 4th spine at my lumbar secral (hips area) is slightly larger then average. so it kinda irritates the nerves around it cause slight dull pains to severe pains at time. something that i will have to live with it thru the rest of my life. the only medication i take to supress this inflamation is "vioxx" or "celebrex". try and get hold of this drug if u feel u have pains at your joints and muscles. these are industrial pain killers...actually more "non-steriodic anti inflamatory" medications. different ppl may have diff results. but when i take them...in 5-10mins..i feel like a brand new man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Cheung

I really wonder about that theory. If the grip is small, then yes, the person might hold the racquet tighter but in HK, we are told to hold the racquet loosely and tightening on certain parts of the stroke. In fact, a smaller grip may facilitate finger skills.

Therefore, one possible conclusion is that a person holding a racquet tightly is actually holding the racquet incorrectly.
    yep agree with that

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast