User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Worst Injury??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

So your saying you should hold the rackey losely but tighten up before you play the actual shot, or as you hit it?

And speaking of injuries, i have a funny one right now. It's just below my right buttock and at the top of the back of my right leg. It's a tight feeling, it doesn't affect my movement around the court but when i lunge for a shot then i feel it tighten and my footwork goes all wrong.
    I hope it gets better coz i have a tournament on Tuesday!

Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Matt Ross
    Hi,

So your saying you should hold the rackey losely but tighten up before you play the actual shot, or as you hit it?

Matt
    Yup, this is what Far Eastern coaches teach, tighten up when you hit the shuttle and keep loose up until that point. I have no what the theory is, but hopefully someone will know why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably the snap of the wrist when you tighten up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pain in the butt?

Hi,

And speaking of injuries, i have a funny one right now. It's just below my right buttock and at the top of the back of my right leg. It's a tight feeling, it doesn't affect my movement around the court but when i lunge for a shot then i feel it tighten and my footwork goes all wrong.
    I hope it gets better coz i have a tournament on Tuesday!

Matt
    Hey Matt, there could be a couple of reasons why you are having this pain:

1) Not enough warming up before lunging..i.e muscle cold and tight and forced to pull straight away.so it's actually strained the upper ham string each time you lunge, either causing the ham string tissue /muscle to bruise or be strained..

2) no stretching and cool down after games / practices etc..
    Many people, especially younger people take stretching and cool downs for granted as they think that they can get away with it..even if you don't feel sore the next day, it is proven that lack of stretching and cool down are major contributors later on in one's life when one suffers from arthiritis, back pain and any other cardio-vascular muscle injury or overuse syndrome due to lack of 'maintenance' from early on in one's life..

In your case, try stretching after say, 10 mins of warming up and also do a cool down (run normally) for 3 - 5 mins before stretching as well..particulary, with your glut area going down the hamstring where you are suffering pain, try these couple of stretches:

a) lie down flat on your back, with both your knees propped up and your feet on the floor..-^-o (<-- like that..hehe) ..then depending on which glut you want to stretch first..let just say, the right one..bring the right leg up and swing it across to the left leg so that the bent right leg is rested on the your lower left thigh, just slightly above your left knee..now, lift up your left leg and use your hands to grab your left thigh..all this time, your back must remain flat on the floor..you should now feel the stretch on your right glut, down towards your right hamstring..hold that stretch for at least 30 seconds..before changing to the other side

b) go down on all 4s..i.e crawling position..leg..at this position, both your legs should be bent with both knees touching the floor 0==L (kind of like that..) now bring one leg, say your right leg across to the other side (over your left bent leg). Now diagonally slide your right leg further. your whole body should be edging lower towards where your right leg is diagonally heading as well..stop going diagonally with that right leg when you feel your left glut (butt) region being stretched to its limit..hopefully, if you're doing it right, at this stage, your body weight should be rested against the side of your left knee..okey, hold this stretch again for 30 secs.. this is for your left glut..accordingly, when you do the other side, and bring your left leg across your right side..you'll be stretching the right glut..

Hope this helps..good luck!

and Ppl, play safe, even if you play in warm climates...always stretch and warm up /cool down!

Stay healthy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

adelina76,

Wow u superstar!! That first one you told me when lying on your back really hits the spot. I'll do this every day and hopefully i should stretch it out. Keep around you'll come in handy

Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Don't stretch while your body is cold though

adelina76,

Wow u superstar!! That first one you told me when lying on your back really hits the spot. I'll do this every day and hopefully i should stretch it out. Keep around you'll come in handy

Matt
    Hey Matt, make sure of one thing though before you do any stretching, your body or that particular muscle you're stretching need to be reasonably warm first before you stretch it..i.e, don't stretch it while it's stone cold..so do a bit of light exercise (maybe for 5 mins) before the stretch okey? Or else, you are not doing anything different to straight away playing before your warm up and stretch hehe

Btw, just for you, I shall stick around..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good good good

Btw all, can u please check my thread 'This will make you jealous!' in the chit chat section please where anything goes. Thanks, you wont be dissapointed

Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

My leg is STILL damn hurting. It's affecting my whole game play, shots aswell!! I think i'll have to pull out and take a rest from badminton for a bit.

Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got tennis elbow once... really annoying but i went away when I got rid of my MP77 and went back to AB1000 pain was gone with in two weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll see how it goes if it gets no better i'll proably get some medical help.

Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you know when you have tennis elbow??? Symptoms?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ur forarm and elbow hurts constantly kinda feels like its gonna explode also you'll find it hard to pick up heavy objects which require you to grip without your hand shaking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terrible aching, find it hard to move. Sharpness within the elbow itself. Why? You think you got it??

Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.. don't have it... How do you get tennis elbow??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got it when using the heavier MP77 its when your elbow cant handle the stress put on it, frays the tendons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Symptoms Of Tennis Elbow

Recurring pain on the outside of the upper forearm just below the bend of the elbow; occasionally, pain radiates down the arm toward the wrist.
    Pain caused by lifting or bending the arm or grasping even light objects such as a coffee cup.
    Difficulty extending the forearm fully (because of inflamed muscles, tendons and ligaments).
    Pain that typically lasts for 6 to 12 weeks; the discomfort can continue for as little as 3 weeks or as long as several years.

The damage that tennis elbow incurs consists of tiny tears in a part of the tendon and in muscle coverings. After the initial injury heals, these areas often tear again, which leads to hemorrhaging and the formation of rough, granulated tissue and calcium deposits within the surrounding tissues. Collagen, a protein, leaks out from around the injured areas, causing inflammation. The resulting pressure can cut off the blood flow and pinch the radial nerve, one of the major nerves controlling muscles in the arm and hand.

Tendons, which attach muscles to bones, do not receive the same amount of oxygen and blood that muscles do, so they heal more slowly. In fact, some cases of tennis elbow can last for years, though the inflammation usually subsides in 6 to 12 weeks.

Many medical textbooks treat tennis elbow as a form of tendonitis, which is often the case, but if the muscles and bones of the elbow joint are also involved, then the condition is called epicondylitis. However, if you feel pain directly on the back of your elbow joint, rather than down the outside of your arm, you may have bursitis, which is caused when lubricating sacs in the joint become inflamed. If you see swelling, which is almost never a symptom of tennis elbow, you may want to investigate other possible conditions, such as arthritis, infection, gout or a tumor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I have found my prob

Buttocks--GLUTEAL muscles
    Renowned for aching after distance runners do sprints. “My
    butt hurts” means the runner did too many short efforts, too
    fast, without adequate preparation. Yes, there should be a
    degree of fatigue, but some runners ask these important
    speed muscles to strain by ignoring them most of the year.
    Twice weekly striders and sprint drills will help to keep these
    muscles in shape and avoid the bun burn when you do eight
    times 150 meters at the end of your summer track sessions.
    RICE and get someone who adores you to do the massage.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast