Beep Beep...

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by adelina76, Jun 13, 2002.

1. adelina76

adelina76 Regular Member

Solicitor
    Just wondering, (just realised too that I might be in the wrong forum..anyway) I got 2 suggestions for the administrator and moderators:

1) Maybe we should have a feature added for the users...the ability to BEEP a person and leave like a 15 words max pager type messages for them..will be handy in cases where you are trying to get someone's attention to clear their mailbox *playfully glares at Cooler* Maybe the same sort of beeping one gets when there's a new PM? Of course, if one's mailbox is full, kinda hard to get their attention with that particular beep, right? So we need a seperate beeping ability?

2) A AFK tag? Perhaps..if someone is on line but is busy or not actually at the screen, wold be nice to have a AFW or AFK tag beside their name to let ppl know they are not going to be answering any PM for a while or something?

This brainstorming session is brought to you by:

Adelina, the smashing, driving, net dropping (and not the other kind of droppings! :p ) lil lamb from NZ :)

2. Nic

Nic Regular Member

BCBF Member
    you use too much yahoo messenger or icq. :eek: :D

IMO, not everyone would like to be "bug" or "beep" when they are online. And, not everyone would like to be "seen" online (thanks to the invisible feature).

For example, myself, I normally logon from work in the day time. I dont wish people to beep me and the window pop-up suddenly while my boss or collegue are discussing a project with me in front of my computer. :)

I think a chatroom might be better, people who logon and would like to be seen and chat can go to the chatroom. :)

3. adelina76

adelina76 Regular Member

Solicitor
    Good point..

hehe, didn't think of that..good point nic..but still, just for being smart, I'm going get Kwun to let me know what your email address is and I'm going to send an annonymous email to your work address, so that when you open it up it will let off a BIG HUGE FARTING NOICE...that'll teach ya! :p :D

4. Nic

Nic Regular Member

BCBF Member
    haha, do you think I am that dumb enough to give out my work email during registration? :p

5. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    Hi,

I agree that the chatroom would be a better idea, be able to talk to the people behind the legends :). Maybe someone loving would be able to sort this matter out or us, i have no idea who....*cough* kwun.

Matt

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i thought someone else already sent out something about a chatroom in Yahoo! ?

there will not be any chat hosted by BC in the near future. there is just not enough bandwidth to support such a service. we are already at 3x the allowed bandwidth as it is.

7. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    Hi kwun,

Probably going to sound a cheek but can't you delete some things of the forum to make room for the chat room? Or would this make no room on the bandwidth even if you did do this?

Matt

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    bandwidth is determined by the number of users and how often you guys come visit. i can't really cut down anything as long as you guys are coming here. (and no, don't stop visiting! :) )

i think using a 3rd party chat site is a viable solution. are there places that would let us set up a chat site for free?

9. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    Kwun,

Do a search on www.google.com and ask about.. You have got nothing to lose so you might aswell try.

Matt