Have some question about racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by chongkiatz, Sep 12, 2008.

1. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

last time i using Pro Ace Wider body 500 if not mistaken... it was very flexible and i can do it base to base shooting easier....after this i bought Wilson Ncode 9000 which is head heavy racket and i string it with tension 27...and i found tat it is hard to let me base to base shooting but i can play great in drop and net play...and i found 1 more problem is when i using head heavy racket...my hand will get more tired easy while i using ProAce lighter racket i can even play more than 4 hour....:crying::crying: so i have few question here....:crying::crying:

1) Head Heavy racket is good in smash?? Lighter racket can't do well in smash?

2) izit head heavy racket is hard to doing base to base shooting?

3) izit tension 27 may too much for me so i feel it hard to doing base to base shooting and i need lower the tension on head heavy racket to get better performence?

4) advantage of head heavy racket and lighter racket?

i apprecieate ur guys comment and reply

2. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    heavy head rackets will produce power more easily than head light rackets

By the sound of it the tension is too high for you. Reduce the tension so that you are able to hit base to base.

3. Kampong

Kampong Regular Member

Reduce the tension so that you are able to hit base to base.

I have same problem with my woven 2, my hand feels tired, how much tension if i used BG65. What other yonex string can you suggest. Thanks

4. chongkiatz

so what tension should be normal to a player then? because all my old racket is string by my coach.. and that time i have no knowledge about string, racket.. i just use what ever my coach given to me... after my coach leave me 4 year then i just stopp played for 4 year.. now i started to play back and what tension should i string my racket?? izit 25 is good enough?

and phandrew... i'm actually more like single than double...izit a head heavy racket is good for a single player?? and what the advantage between light and head heavy racket? because i dun wan to waste time on train a un-suitable racket for me

#4 chongkiatz, Sep 13, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  5. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    What is your normal tension? Try 3lbs lower than your normal tension and see what happens.

6. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    heavy head rackets are better for attacking while head light rackets are better for defending. I am not sure how stiff the Wilson racket is so try stringing it at 24lbs.

7. chongkiatz

thx phandrew .. i will try to string it 24 and try it .. then tension with 24 will make less power of smashing?

8. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    No. Lower tension will give you more power unless you can flex the string. Since you play at 27lbs on a flexible racket, 24lbs on a medium stiff racket should give you the same amount of power.

9. chongkiatz

owh... phandrew..did u have msn ?? beacuse i stil have some question to ask .. i think it is more easy to ask u in msn :D

wat mean by 2U , 3U?? blur...and high end racket mean?

10. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    If you have questions just PM me.

This link explains what U means. It's just a category system for weight
    The "U", the "G" and the "tension" specifications of a Badminton racket

High end rackets mean the best performing or most expensive racket in a certain series.

Take the Armotec series as an example. The series has AT150, AT250, AT300, AT500, AT700 and AT900P/T where AT700 and AT900P/T are the high end rackets for the Armortec series.

The numbers can also give you an indication of the level of the racket. Mainly a higher number will be in the high end while a lower number will mean it is in the low end. Middle numbers will tell you it is a mid range racket.

11. chongkiatz

high end racket also can say is the latest series of the racket??

finally know wat is mean by U , G =D i'm blur when reading the other post which is 2U 3U zzz

1 more question ... what the different between the two shape of racket shown below??

[​IMG]

now mostly all the tournment player such as lin dan , lee cw them also using the top racket... izit will be more powerfull?

12. Kampong

Kampong Regular Member

Thanks phandrew, my normal tension i think is 23-24, if i lower 3 lbs, will it be too soft, and what will be the advantage & disadvantage? :eek:

13. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Latest series rackets don't always mean high end rackets. It's only the newest technology.

The top racket has a ISO frame while the bottom racket has a OVAL frame

14. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Try 22lbs then. You might also want to consider other strings that give more repulsion. Read DinkALot's Badminton String Review to get an idea on string performance.

15. chongkiatz

so actually a ISO frame is better or OVAL frame is better?? any website got better explaination about ISO and OVAL frame??

16. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    If you search the forum there is info on the frame design. Basically the ISO frame have a bigger sweet spot than OVAL frame