will string tension keep decreasing?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by chongkiatz, Sep 14, 2008.

1. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

i have a question here ... i can't found the old topic about the tension decreasing....

i have string my racket with 27 lbs ... will the tension decrease after played each game?? and how much lbs will be drop if string with tension 27lbs?

1) for example , 1st day 27lbs, after a month will it stil 27lbs? and what the maximun number will it drop to??

2) when should i re-string my racket again?? until the string broken? or ...???

thx for reply ... really need help

2. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    It depends which string you are using where some strings will lose more tension than other strings. Yes the tension will always drop tension over time. Just leave the string as it is and replace it once it snaps.

3. chongkiatz

using BG66 string...i plan to re-string with 24lbs or 25lbs from ur recommand...

for a BG66 mostly can last long how many month? (played once or two a week)

4. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    As you play the strings will weaken and stretch slightly. Some strings stretch more than others. But the ammount you play makes a big difference. If you play once a week then the string will stay strong for a while, several times a week and the string won't last as long.
    Sometimes a string will lose a lot of tension before it snaps, so i prefer to cut these strings out. But as you play if it feels like you're playing with a fishing net then it might be time to change your strings.

5. chongkiatz

owh...thx andy...i get wat i wan already....thx to phandrew too !!!

6. surge

surge Regular Member

just think of your new underwear. when you first buy the waist fits nicely. as time goes by, the band becomes looser due to constant stretching. then come a day it has stretched to its max that it just hang around your waist. some ppl may still wear themcos so long can wear can liao. some will buy new one cos cant stand the underwear just hanging in there. :psame like some players will change strings once their familar tension is gone. some will play a string until in breaks.:crying:

some underwear with thicker bands will last longer while some designs with very slim elastic bands will worn out sooner. yet, some ppl prefer the thinner band for various reasons.:D just like strings

7. chongkiatz

what a great explaination by surge ... no.1