Educate/Recommend me a new racket!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by evanhindra, Sep 21, 2008.

1. evanhindra

evanhindra New Member

Hey guys,

Been a while since I last played badminton. It's been at least 8 years. Prior to that, I had proper coaching for 4+ years.

Since the I've gotten fat, and lazy. But I'd say I'm a lot stronger than I was years ago when I was still active and young.

I'm fairly slow (I'm sure I can work on that again).

I'd like to start playing badminton again to get better my stamina/health. I've been feeling lousy, and un-energized. Definitely to get off the chair/computer.

So, I want a new racket.

My style of playing is typically defensive. I also like control, and being able to control/have pin-point accuracy. I'd do offensive (smash'in) every now and then, but I like defensive play better. I've been out of the loop when it comes to badminton, but I guess in Tennis, I have similar philosophy as Federrer, as oppose to Roddick.

I have a few rackets in the past. Ranging from Carbonex 8 Tour, Carbonex 20 Tour, etc. etc. and my last one is Isometric TI Swingpower (SX). I like my Carbonex 8 Tour the most. Not a fan of the Isometric TI, I sorta feel like I don't have enough control, feel the direction of the birdie.

So, looking at the new 2008 lineups, it seems that there are tons of new rackets, and technologies. Stuff I've never heard of, names sounded as strange as dinosaurs' names.

I do like the sound of ArcSaber 10. Kinda pricey, but I guess if that's the price I have to pay for a good racket, I wouldn't mind.

Any recommendations?

2. evanhindra

evanhindra New Member

I should add, I've strung all of my rackets with BG-58 in the past. I tried a 67/68, and I do like the 67/68 better. They feel "softer", less tension, and I can feel the vibration better on my arm/hand.

3. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Those strings are discontinued and are impossible to find now. The closest to them are probably BG65. You can try yonex AT900T or SOTX W8,W9 or DF900

4. evanhindra

evanhindra New Member

Eh, I meant to say 65. Not sure why I typed 58. I blame the lack of sleep. What's W8? What's DF or AT?

Edit:
    AT, Armortect, yea, cool!

#4 evanhindra, Sep 21, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  5. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    W stands for Woven series and DF stands for Diamond Fighter series. Both of these series are from SOTX

6. Nate_12

Nate_12 Regular Member

The arcsaber 10 is an offensive racket. Try or take a look at armortech 900 technique.

7. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

My understanding was that the arcsaber was a control racket and that both armortech 900's were more offensive than it.

Anyway you'll find that the AT900T is quite good in defence but has a fair bit of smash power due to their head heaviness.

I love mine.

8. Nate_12

Nate_12 Regular Member

Ive read somewhere that Arcsaber 10 is a fast, attacking offensive racket.
    :cool: