www.badders.com

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Smitten, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Smitten

Smitten Regular Member

Hey, I've just been to badders.com - and I have to say was quite impressed.. MUCH better than badmintonUK site - which I see is as infrequently populated as ever...

But, hats off to the guys in badminton forum - this is undoubtedly the most frequented and best thought out site yet...
    Better keep your eye on badders.com though.... can't let the competition catch you in a lull of complacency..
    :)

2. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    Hi,

IMO, Badders.com is crap. Hardly anyone posts there, nothing gets updated and quite a few of the people on there are asses. The 'coming soon!' has been ''coming soon'' for years! There's nothing different on there and it's boring.
    Apart from that it's not bad. The layout is good, about it.

Matt

3. Smitten

Smitten Regular Member

oh well, each to their own... It would be a boring old world if we all had the same likes / dislikes, etc... :)

imagine how boring it would be playing badminton if we all played the same - UGH!!! doesn't bear thinking about...

good you can be so constructive about it though... :)

4. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    I'm picky and if you want some lovin' girl i suggest you get used to it :) ;) lol

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    now now now, you two, be nice! :)

badders is a good site. they are commercial oriented while BC/BF is completely non-profit (negative profit! :( ) . i don't see them as competition, but instead, as friends. badminton is too great a sport to have just a couple of good websites dedicated to it. the more the better and merrier.

from a different perpective, other good site will keep us on our toes (now that's another badminton lingo!) so BC/BF won't be left in the dust.

the ground is barely touched when it comes to badminton websites online, there are only the handful of good sites around, there are much to be explored and tried. it will be a fun journey. and hopefully a successful one.

6. andrew_cherry

andrew_cherry Regular Member

Software Engineer
    This is to Smitten... Good god! Another from Sussex! Where do you play? Not many people from there on the net... Nice to see someone else about! Andy

7. Smitten

Smitten Regular Member

Andy
    Brighton area - when I'm down there, but I've recently moved - a bit further north than your "other home"

I'll let you know when I'm in Sussex next ;)

8. Smitten

Smitten Regular Member

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Coming into this thread a bit late but i must say that i concurs with kwun's point of view fully. Don't think of it as a competition between websites but another website that will be promoting the sports and culture of badminton - and we all know we need all the promotion we can muster. It's true that some of us come to this forum a lot - like myself ;) It has been a fun ride for me and am not getting off anytime soon. The only gripe i have is that there isn't any frequent flyer points to be earned here :( (just kidding kwun :) )

10. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    Kwun,

We are being nice. See, me and Smitten have a love hate relationship, i love to hate her! lol

Matt

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    this is so funny! cooler comes into a thread within two hours from the first post, and he calls that "late"! :)

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Geez Kwun, i appreciates your tolerance and understanding :) Now if only my manager is like that too when i walk into work at 10 am, 4 out 5 weekdays :mad:

13. Badders

Badders Regular Member

A slice of the pie for all...

Hi all,

Thought I may as well comment and give you a few of the 'official' lines as the founder of Badders.com.

Firstly, this forum is certainly the best badminton forum on the web. No question. It stood the test of time and goes from strength to strength.

Kwun has done a superb job along with all his supporters and helpers. The quality of posts on this site is also excellent and is the forum is frequented by not just knowledgeable badminton fans but passionate ones.

Now on to Badders.com :)

Badders is in no way competition to a site such as BC/BF. As Kwun stated, we can all be friends and there is a slice of pie for all.

Badders.com set out to do a number of things, but the key goal was to bring together badminton players, supporters and administrators. Since our launch in late January we have started to do this quite successfully.

Although we have a discussion forum that is available to all, it is certainly not a core service. The main aim for Badders is to provide discussion, news, event, scoring services to clubs and leagues but not exclude them from each other. The dynamics of having a site that offers general/generic information and content that is particular to a club, league or region is a difficult balance and one which we think we have achieved.

Much of our content is at club, league and region level which can't be seen unless you are part of that club, league or region.

Another thing Kwun mentioned is that we are commercial. In fact, we have not charged for any of our services and all the costs (and there have been many) have been absorbed by the management team. We did not get any funding or venture capital and all start-up costs were paid for out of the pockets of the management team.

The Badders Team are all passionate badminton players and supporters and this is something that is missing in many ventures.

And as long as we have passionate badminton folk such as the Badders Team and Kwun, we will be working hard to improve badminton at every level.

Jonathan Phillips
    www.Badders.com

#13 Badders, Jun 20, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2002
  14. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Well said. Keep up the good work!

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Jonathan,

thanks for the clarification. nice to hear from you guys...

and yes, keep up the good work!

kwun

16. GRObFURSt

GRObFURSt Regular Member

Year 10 Student
    hahahahahah, that site was bad. Badminton central (and forum) is heaps better. Even though this interface is dull the information is really good and there are plenty of participants in the forums which makes this the best.

17. seanrachy

seanrachy Regular Member

Technical Analyst
    Badders Website

Grobfurst,

The badders website is a very good site, and extremely handy for local forums between players in a local badminton club or league.

There is MORE than enough room for both websites and if ever feel as if a website can be improved why not email the webmaster and let them know of your ideas for improvement !!!

Come on people ......let's all promote rather than tread on the people that are trying to make a difference !

Cheer,
    Sean

18. GRObFURSt

GRObFURSt Regular Member

Year 10 Student
    yeah so therefore its only useful if you are from the UK. You say its good for "local" stuff, you can see why I dont like it because Im not exaclty local to te UK. Im probibly 10,000km away. And I dont think there is enough room for another site though I have thought on and off to make my own but nope.

19. TDotSmAsHer

TDotSmAsHer Regular Member

Student Gr 11 in Sept.------- badminton player/ad
    So it's useful for people in UK.... how does that make it bad? Just because you're not in the UK does not make it a bad site. I don't see you making any efforts to build a badminton website..........

#19 TDotSmAsHer, Jun 24, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2002
  20. GRObFURSt

GRObFURSt Regular Member

Year 10 Student
    Its bad because it is virtually irrelevant to everyone else in the world. And the UK is a very small place compared to the rest of the world.

Oh and to back up my case, I am calling it "bad" compared to this site.

You can't see me making a badminton page.. hmmmmn I have enough trouble trying to update my 4 other sites !