User Tag List

Page 105 of 140 FirstFirst ... 5 55 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,769 to 1,785 of 2370
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    AT last, she's a WORLD CHAMPION..congrats yi han.
    Yup, a big leap after never pass R/16 at two previous editions! Congrats to Yihan

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    what's gotten into her this yr? arguably a 180 degrees turnaround from last yr...secured 2 big majors this yr and looking to clinch 1 more next yr? looks like the WC win was an emotional one for her..
    Yeah, also noticed she's crying at victory ceremony...
    She has won 4 titles in this year so far, from GP Gold to BWF event, much better than downturn period last year

Quote Originally Posted by Zabee View Post
    and now comes the interesting part .. will Wang Y H keep up her good form ~~ in previous years we see Lu L & Wang L ..
    That's I want looking forward too after 3 Chinese WS have contrast condition/struggling performance after they won WC title => Zhu Lin, Lu Lan, Wang Lin in 2007, 2009, 2010 respectively.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CLELY View Post
    Yeah, also noticed she's crying at victory ceremony...
    She has won 4 titles in this year so far, from GP Gold to BWF event, much better than downturn period last year

That's I want looking forward too after 3 Chinese WS have contrast condition/struggling performance after they won WC title => Zhu Lin, Lu Lan, Wang Lin in 2007, 2009, 2010 respectively.
    I wonder if Wang Yihan would change the trend (different CHN girl winning once each year), and win our next (2013) World Championships title again.

Or, will it be Wang Shixian or Wang Xin next time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hopefully she can break the so called " cursed " ~~

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

from star online:

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...277&sec=sports

Yihan lands first world title as China continue their dominance

CHINAs Wang Yihan kept the proud tradition of her country in the womens singles when she became the world champion for the first time at Wembley Arena yesterday.

Yihan ended the gallant run of Taiwanese Cheng Shao-chieh with a convincing 21-15, 21-10 win in the final.

With her win, China have won the womens singles title at every edition since the 2001 World Championships in Seville.

The 23-year-old Yihan was estatic over her win and vowed to maintain her form until the next Olympic Games.

I went in without any pressure and enjoyed the game. It made it easier for me to beat my opponent today, said Yihan.

I did not let my country down this time and I am very pleased with what I have achieved. It will give me a lot of confidence, added Yihan, who lost to Eriko Hirose of Japan at last years world meet.

It was indeed a great day for China. They made an amazing clean sweep of all the titles for the third time in the series.

They also pulled off the same feat last year in Paris and at the 1987 series in Beijing. They won the mens singles and mens doubles titles through Lin Dan and Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng for the fourth time.

In an all-China affair, Wang Xiaoli-Yu Yang defeated Tian Qing-Zhao Yunlei 22-20, 21-11 and in the mixed doubles, Zhang Nan-Zhao Yunlei ended the fairy-tale run of Chris Adcock-Imogen Bankier from England and Scotland respectively with a 21-15, 21-7 win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    It's a very good chance for Yihan to steal the title after the defeat of WSX.
    ah, I miss you, suetyan! ^^ It's been a long time, I think, you didn't post here

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nitabluez View Post
    ah, I miss you, suetyan! ^^ It's been a long time, I think, you didn't post here
    It's because suetyan is finding less time to post at BadmintonCentral, now that she has started working.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    . It's because suetyan is finding less time to post at BadmintonCentral, now that she has started working. .
    hoo, I see ^^ so, what's Wang Yihan upcoming tournament? China Masters for sure?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hoo, I see ^^ so, what's Wang Yihan upcoming tournament? China Masters for sure?
    Yup, I believe 2 SS tourneys in East Asia region, CHN Masters & JPN Open as well

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wang Yihan is back to World #1 per 18 August 2011 WR updated following her successful last week.
    The total point difference between her and #2 Wang Shixian isn't really wide, Yihan => 87,740 / Shixian => 84,156.50.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up WYH is doing better than WSX

Quote Originally Posted by CLELY View Post
    Wang Yihan is back to World #1 per 18 August 2011 WR updated following her successful last week.
    The total point difference between her and #2 Wang Shixian isn't really wide, Yihan => 87,740 / Shixian => 84,156.50.
    WYH is doing better than WSX.

Why? WYH scored her points from 12 tournaments, while WSX scored them from 13.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seeing her cool demeanour, her fighting spirit and her determination; i think we are seeing a legend in front of our eyes. i think we are all fans of a girl who is destined for greatness. i think she will be a legend in badminton. she has the grace, the game, and the temperament too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The big question now is whether WYH can break the WS WC curse that bedeviled last three champions ZL, LL, and WL.

All the best to WYH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with this game with her, i think she will pull through @redshuttle

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedShuttle View Post
    The big question now is whether WYH can break the WS WC curse that bedeviled last three champions ZL, LL, and WL.

All the best to WYH!

The difference between ZL/LL and ZN/XXF/WYH is that ZL/LL were never considered the top Chinese WS players in the world. They just caught everyone by surprise just like Gunawon and Howard Bach in 2005. WL injured herself, just bad luck. WYH has a all-rounded attack game that can dominate WS a long time.
    Last edited by Qidong; 08-22-2011 at 11:54 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong View Post
    The difference between ZL/LL and ZN/XXF/WYH is that ZL/LL were never considered the top Chinese WS players in the world. They just caught everyone by surprise just like Gunawon and Howard Bach in 2005. WL injured herself, just bad luck. WYH has a all-rounded attack game that can dominate WS a long time.
    While ZL was a notch or two below XXF and ZN, she was the most skilled player among the rest. She just lacked some drive.

LL was the most complete player (WL may have captured that title when she won her WC) among the little flowers.

WYH's footwork and net play were not up to par. Both, especially the footwork, were much improved at WC. Maybe WYH pre-jinxed herself with the injury before AE such that she will escape the curse this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wang Yihan is seeded No 1 at China Masters and Japan SS (of course she is ). And I read from other thread that Yihan will participate the Indonesia GPG Gold. So, there will be 3 tournaments in a row? What do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wang Yihan is seeded No 1 at China Masters and Japan SS (of course she is ). And I read from other thread that Yihan will participate the Indonesia GPG Gold. So, there will be 3 tournaments in a row? What do you think?
    My feeling she will be withdrew one of those tournament.
    Hopefully that not at Indonesian GPG