User Tag List

Page 115 of 140 FirstFirst ... 15 65 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... LastLast
Results 1,939 to 1,955 of 2371
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bayanbaru View Post
    she was lucky she won the 2nd game....
    SJY was lucky she won the 1st game....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post

I believe that's a Safety and 2 points (errr... NFL reference).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    SJY was lucky she won the 1st game....
    How so?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SantaSCSI View Post
    They showed a shot of LYB and the rest when WYH was down to the match points. No expressions at all.
    Did anyone noticed Zhang Ning avoided eye contact with WYH when WYH walked to the baseline when the score was 20-16 in the 2nd game. Zhang Ning's expression was like she was disgusted with WYH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Did anyone noticed Zhang Ning avoided eye contact with WYH when WYH walked to the baseline when the score was 20-16 in the 2nd game. Zhang Ning's expression was like she was disgusted with WYH.
    This is to avoid putting more pressure on yi han.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KariSeng View Post
    This is to avoid putting more pressure on yi han.
    Good point,more likely you're right, their mentor/teacher - student relationship is very strong.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe it's to make WYH more concentrate on herself? to raise her spirit?

btw, even GC compliment WYH as a brave player when she just left SJH's long serve on 16-20 point in G2. i think what she said kinda that it's a brave decision in such situation. and since that long serve which went out, WYH got her win!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    LD said he was 'nervous' and not slept well the night before TC final. Well, LD should check out ZN, with those huge bags in her eyes and as the 1st match between WYH and Sung went, ZN grew quite a few white hairs....ZN avoiding eye contact with WYH was not this teacher-student thingie but she was pissed all over like 'why is this happening to me again, UC10 repeat?'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of them almost had a heart attack. Including billions watching. lol. Good thing she won.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    LD said he was 'nervous' and not slept well the night before TC final. Well, LD should check out ZN, with those huge bags in her eyes and as the 1st match between WYH and Sung went, ZN grew quite a few white hairs....ZN avoiding eye contact with WYH was not this teacher-student thingie but she was pissed all over like 'why is this happening to me again, UC10 repeat?'
    Maybe you're right too - ZN was scared and frustrated at the same time,hence avoided eye-contact with WYH, didn't know what to say or gesture to her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's basically the moment of truth. What do you do when your career is literally depending on 1 error and your mentor and teacher refuses to react? There are only two possible reactions: Either you get your sh*t together and start trusting in yourself, or you just collapse under the pressure and lose/cry/disappear.

It's still a big gamble though because you never know how someone will react in those situations :P.

So what y'all say? On to the OG2012 with gold for WYH?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Maybe you're right too - ZN was scared and frustrated at the same time,hence avoided eye-contact with WYH, didn't know what to say or gesture to her.
    Nope. It's a calculated ploy to get her to grow up.

If you've closely watched Saturday or Sunday matches between WYH and one of her compatriots where WYH isn't doign to well, you would observe her instinctively glancing back at the coaches chair for guidance, and then kinda half-slump or look out into the stands where ZN would be found, in the hope of some sign or reasurance.

She needs to be weaned off that dependancy, and that is exactly what they have been doing for some time now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SantaSCSI View Post
    It's basically the moment of truth. What do you do when your career is literally depending on 1 error and your mentor and teacher refuses to react? There are only two possible reactions: Either you get your sh*t together and start trusting in yourself, or you just collapse under the pressure and lose/cry/disappear.

It's still a big gamble though because you never know how someone will react in those situations :P.

So what y'all say? On to the OG2012 with gold for WYH?
    I don't think WYH's career is 'literally depending on 1 error' had she lost. ZN and LYB could be mightily pissed off, that would be expected. WYH still going to OLY12 and I rate her the favorite to win OLY12 gold. Only fella who can torpedo her chance is if LXR makes it to OLY and LXR plays opposite half of WYH and gets to play WYH in final, then anytning can happen.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LXR is in the form of her life now but she hasn't reached her full potential yet and has a few loose ends to tie up. Besides she is inexperienced and untested in big occasions, the OG'12 is a huge one. It is possible she may rise to the occasion and play above herself to decisively beat everybody to win gold, though a silver this time is already a bonus considering she wasn't even thought of a few months ago.

Wang Yihan is an undeniable choice for gold because I believe her miraculous comeback win against Sung JH has toughened her even more and cemented her self-belief when she successfully overcome the UC2010 demon in her. This invaluable incident will stand her in good stead in all future pressure-cooker situations,giving her the mental edge over Wang Xin and LXR, as in term of skills there isn't much to choose from among the three.

As for Wang Xin,my greatest concern for her is whether she will be unceremoniously bundled out in the early rounds. Barring that,she is practically unstoppable. At the age of 26, the oldest of the three, I would wish her to be the first among equals. Should it be an all-CHN affair in the final, I'd expect a free fight no matter it is WYH or LXR she is facing,nobody wants to wait another 4 years.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is still some time to watch WYH play before OG, and we can watch her development after this UC there. maybe better, or maybe still the same too.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post

As for Wang Xin,my greatest concern for her is whether she will be unceremoniously bundled out in the early rounds. Barring that,she is practically unstoppable. At the age of 26, the oldest of the three, I would wish her to be the first among equals. Should it be an all-CHN affair in the final, I'd expect a free fight no matter it is WYH or LXR she is facing,nobody wants to wait another 4 years.
    i like WX the most as well. She crashed out in the early rounds because of three reasons:

(1) She has adopted Lin Dan's strategy against non-CHN players. They both do not play their best in unimportant tournaments. They do this because their primary goal is not to sustain injury and they are happy to stay at ranking no. 2. If you play your 100% everytime, you will be injured.
    (2) She has adopted LD's strategy against own teammates. They will only play 50%. Reasons being obvious. It saves energy.
    (3) The above strategies are needed because they need to be 100% injury-free at a major tournaments (eg, Thomas/Uber Cup). Full of energy and free of injury, they can play 100% to destroy their opponents in a major event.

Btw, has anyone notice that LD and WX are both lefty and from Baiyi? Her style and technique are similar to that of LD.
    Last edited by pcll99; 05-30-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically, Wang Xin copied/plagiarised Lin Dan's moves and stances

Wang Yihan and Wang Shixian are the only ones who came up with their own moves and signature shots.

Li Xuerui is the combination of three of them both physically and technically