User Tag List

Page 116 of 140 FirstFirst ... 16 66 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,956 to 1,972 of 2370
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    LXR is in the form of her life now but she hasn't reached her full potential yet and has a few loose ends to tie up. Besides she is inexperienced and untested in big occasions, the OG'12 is a huge one. It is possible she may rise to the occasion and play above herself to decisively beat everybody to win gold, though a silver this time is already a bonus considering she wasn't even thought of a few months ago.

Wang Yihan is an undeniable choice for gold because I believe her miraculous comeback win against Sung JH has toughened her even more and cemented her self-belief when she successfully overcome the UC2010 demon in her. This invaluable incident will stand her in good stead in all future pressure-cooker situations,giving her the mental edge over Wang Xin and LXR, as in term of skills there isn't much to choose from among the three.

As for Wang Xin,my greatest concern for her is whether she will be unceremoniously bundled out in the early rounds. Barring that,she is practically unstoppable. At the age of 26, the oldest of the three, I would wish her to be the first among equals. Should it be an all-CHN affair in the final, I'd expect a free fight no matter it is WYH or LXR she is facing,nobody wants to wait another 4 years.
    Yes I feel the same for WX in the early rounds...whatever it is, CHN team will be well-prepared, this is it for all the marbles, no farting around like some EAG or even SS. The way WX played in UC, we can see the energy and how fit/prepared she will be come OLY, the same for the rest of the world. It is still early, I am predicting 4 golds, 3 golds guarantee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont really believe Wang Xin will screw up in the early round in contradiction to what i have been throwing about her form lately. After seeing her play in the Uber Cup, she reminded me of the form she together with Wang Shixian displayed in the Asian Games. It's about fighting hard and no joking around that led them to become eventual medallist.

I havent seen Wang Yihan performed like them yet but with her passing the ultimate test to become the Jedi Master overcoming the seduction of her inner demons and finally buried once and for all. We will see Wang Yihan fighting to the end barring any injuries.

Firstly, China shouldn't complain about group format. It prevents them from getting exit early to be honest. Wang Xin has the blessing of disguise to become the 2nd seed player and usually the first two seeds will have a very excellent draw. Unfortunately for Li Xuerui, she will probably be used to give walkover to her teammates should they too succeed in the early rounds, making my first All England jinx comes true.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

today is the day that LYB will submit the names of three WS players for the Olympics!

but that's just a formality. the real decision won't be made until July.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume he will submit the three Wangs first then changed at the very last minute.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    today is the day that LYB will submit the names of three WS players for the Olympics!

but that's just a formality. the real decision won't be made until July.
    no, he only needs to confirm if China will take up the max 3 WS to London.
    They got until July to confirm who to send

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all the kitties will be angel like to the boss. Lol

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    no, he only needs to confirm if China will take up the max 3 WS to London.
    They got until July to confirm who to send
    i didn't know that... thanks.

but how come BWF website says this:

"All Member Associations have until 31 May to decide on their representatives for the 2012 London Olympic Games in accordance to the quota(s) decided by the BWF to balance having the best players and global diversity at the Games."
    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=62497

And at the very last page of the "OLYMPIC QUALIFYING REGULATIONS FOR LONDON 2012", it says 31 May 2012 is the "Deadline for NOC’s to confirm to BWF their selection of qualified players/pairs".

http://bwfbadminton.org/file_downloa...id=41435&tid=1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wang Yihan and Wang Xin have gone through individual trial and tribulation

It's hard for me to choose because i want both to win after reading their biography. Both have their own hardships and it takes more than just guts to resurrect their career.

Compared to these two, Wang Shixian's current plight is completely minor. In fact she should be happy that she has won a lot of major titles that rival Wang Yihan at the age of 22.

Wang Xin hasn't won anything major in singles to date.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too,at first 2-3 years ago,when Wang Yihan was WR1,she somehow never endeared herself to me,not because she seemed proud and aloof or something. I preferred Wang Xin ,followed by Wang Shixian , then back to Wang Xin again. It was only after her UC2010 debacle, when I saw how she suffered in silence,humbly bided her time and learned from her defeats,and then transformed into a mature,steady and tough fighter that I was won over, now even more so.

Wang Xin did win a few major singles titles,the Singapore Open, French Open,Denmark Open and HongKong Open all in 2011,you can say not as impressive as WYH. For her comeback after a severe injury and able to produce such beautiful attacking badminton is what bowled me over completely. I'm not one to go purely by seniority but at age 26, I would wish her to be the first among equals to win OG gold as time isn't on her side for a China player, she may not have another go at it four years later,unlikely.

The problem is I felt WYH also deserves it after what she's gone through on top of her indomitable spirit, I'm kind of torn between the two,in a dilemma. We'll see how it goes when the time comes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Me too,at first 2-3 years ago,when Wang Yihan was WR1,she somehow never endeared herself to me,not because she seemed proud and aloof or something. I preferred Wang Xin ,followed by Wang Shixian , then back to Wang Xin again. It was only after her UC2010 debacle, when I saw how she suffered in silence,humbly bided her time and learned from her defeats,and then transformed into a mature,steady and tough fighter that I was won over, now even more so.

The problem is I felt WYH also deserves it after what she's gone through on top of her indomitable spirit, I'm kind of torn between the two,in a dilemma. We'll see how it goes when the time comes.
    Just 10 days ago, I thought the greatest rivalry in badminton in this Olympic cycle would be LD-vs-LCW or FHF/CY-vs-LYD/JJS.

Now I am convinced it is WYH/WX/WSX/LXR vs LYB!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    Just 10 days ago, I thought the greatest rivalry in badminton in this Olympic cycle would be LD-vs-LCW or FHF/CY-vs-LYD/JJS.

Now I am convinced it is WYH/WX/WSX/LXR vs LYB!!
    Haha... LOL

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even Lin Dan admitted his rivals in the Olympics are not only LCW, PG,and other non-CHN players but also his compatriots - why would his teammates want to let him win gold twice,I think LYB too,whose job is to ensure China wins not any particular player,wouldn't dare to favour him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's one thing to let other compatriots get the wins, it's a whole lot different to carve a sacred place for a legend (and for the legend to grow even larger) so that it'll be even much harder to duplicate if not already insurmountable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King's View Post
    It's one thing to let other compatriots get the wins, it's a whole lot different to carve a sacred place for a legend (and for the legend to grow even larger) so that it'll be even much harder to duplicate if not already insurmountable.
    It is one thing LYB sells to his players that for CHN glory, players are to sacrifice to throw games to their teammates to enhance a gold medal win. But should 2 CHN meet in OLY final, if LYB will to pull this stunt asking a player to throw a game so that LD will win his 2nd gold medal and seal his legend status, that would be a tough sell. Even though we think little of LYB as a match fixer (LYB couldn't care less what baddy fans think of him anyway), but LYB would lose his credibility in CHN badminton to favor one player for so-called legend status than to win gold for CHN regardless of who gets it. That is why in the final of major like OLY, the coaches chair is empty when 2 CHN players meet and it is no mercy and we get to see some of the best baddy payed.
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 06-01-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup, once 2 chinese meet in the final, their destiny is in their own hands.

but it will be different story if they meet in the SF.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    yup, once 2 chinese meet in the final, their destiny is in their own hands.

but it will be different story if they meet in the SF.
    'It will be different story if they meet in the SF', that is correct if the 1st SF has been contested and a non-CHN player is into the final. But if the 1st SF has been played and a CHN player gets into the final, then the 2nd SF between 2 CHN players is free for all. And if a chance that it is an ALL-CHN SF, then free for all, coaches chair empty. Check out world table tennis, where so many times we seen 4 CHN SF and the battle is fierce and world class paddy games played.
    That is why CHN players know the real obsatcle to them winning is from their teammates and even if he/she wins, the score is very close and could go either way. WX would be pitted opposite half of WYH. If WX gets into the final, WYH has her number. If LXR is CHN #3 and in WYH half, LXR has WYH number. And WX has better H2H against LXR. So the draw is very important, and again assuming no upset from the rest of the world like JS, SN, etc.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that LYB will not give "instructions" if two CHN players are pitted against one another in the OLY final.

But looking back at the WS final of OLY 2008, ie ZN vs XXF, would u (if u were XXF) have some hesitation of winning against ZN? I say so for the following reasons:

(1) ZN is more senior than XXF. Seniority means quite a bit in China.
    (2) XXF probably knew LYB was thinking of recruiting ZN as a coach in 2008.
    (3) LD (ie, her boyfriend and future husband) still has to face ZN everyday after OLY2008 for several years.