User Tag List

Page 117 of 140 FirstFirst ... 17 67 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... LastLast
Results 1,973 to 1,989 of 2370
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    I agree that LYB will not give "instructions" if two CHN players are pitted against one another in the OLY final.

But looking back at the WS final of OLY 2008, ie ZN vs XXF, would u (if u were XXF) have some hesitation of winning against ZN? I say so for the following reasons:

(1) ZN is more senior than XXF. Seniority means quite a bit in China.
    (2) XXF probably knew LYB was thinking of recruiting ZN as a coach in 2008.
    (3) LD (ie, her boyfriend and future husband) still has to face ZN everyday after OLY2008 for several years.
    if there were any hesitation, it surely didn't show in the final. the 2008 WS final was one of the highest level WS play that i have seen.

seniority may play some part, but one will have to explain how much weight that really have given the LXR/WSX fight. in some ways, i think the seniority may have a little weight, but at the same time, seems overly blown.

the way i saw it, 2008 WS final was a free for all, it just happens that ZN was the better player that day.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that LYB will not give "instructions" if two CHN players are pitted against one another in the OLY final.

But looking back at the WS final of OLY 2008, ie ZN vs XXF, would u (if u were XXF) have some hesitation of winning against ZN? I say so for the following reasons:

(3) LD (ie, her boyfriend and future husband) still has to face ZN everyday after OLY2008 for several years.
    I don't quite agree, I remember that look of utter disappointment when XXF lost to ZN. Even if she knew ZN was going to become a coach it's for the WS not MS. Furthermore,Lin Dan needn't have to face ZN in the sense of deferring to her as he himself is China's most valuable star player and I believe even LYB won't be pushing him around let alone his immediate coaches.

What's more,if China's coaches are so authoritarian or dictatorial,how come WSX dared to reveal she and ZN didn't understand each other and that she couldn't follow ZN's instructions to develop a more attacking game because it's just not her style? Besides, a coach who doesn't care about the player's feelings nor listens to his/her problem in order to know where the problem lies and work out a solution will turn the player off,lose her respect and be partly blamed for her lack of improvement.

Furthermore,XXF at that time would know that ZN being a new coach is unlikely and unwise of her to boss her charges around in case they complain to LYB,not unthinkable but irrelevant to the next point I'm going to make. The more compelling reason I can think of for XXF wanting to win that match is that it was ZN's second chance at gold having already won one,why would XXF care so much about ZN's double glory and forgo her own chances ? Anybody would say win it first and worry about other things later.

You seem to imply XXF is such an unambitious wimp and ZN a petty,selfish,even vindictive bully. I trust China's coaches believe in having a close,effective,harmonious relationship that is also mutually beneficial and respectful. I'd credit them with the intelligence and EQ to understand that unnecessary disagreements,frictions and character incompatibilities are counter-productive and will not produce the desired outcome, leading to everybody's loss,spelling disaster.
    Last edited by Justin L; 06-01-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Remember the 2011 World SS Finals? Check out the Semi finals played out between WYH and WX. The other SF was between Tine and Saina. And yet, the SF between the 2 Chinese girls was one of the most adrenaline-filled matches I saw in a long while. I don't think they (the China team) cared who they met in the finals!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone can find a case of CHN-CHN in a major (WC, AG or OLY, in any disciplines) finals that the match was fixed, I sure like to see it. LYB only concern is CHN to win i.e. CHN first, players come second. XXF wanted just as bad as ZN to win OLY08, there was no way she would hold back or told to hold back from winning. A win would top her 2 WC championships, together with LD gold would emulate INA Susi-Alan feat of double gold medalists. Whenever XXF-ZN played, there was no love lost, in fact I would like to know if you can even find any match these 2 played that you can say it is fixed...the reason why there is no fixed match involving these 2 players is they are always in opposite halves and if they do meet, it is in the finals of any event.
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 06-01-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Remember the 2011 World SS Finals? Check out the Semi finals played out between WYH and WX. The other SF was between Tine and Saina. And yet, the SF between the 2 Chinese girls was one of the most adrenaline-filled matches I saw in a long while. I don't think they (the China team) cared who they met in the finals!
    I would have to see that game again. But SSF is not a major, in fact CHN did not even send LD to play in the first 2 series. To LYB, SSF has no WR to gain, other than a huge payout so we have the likes of WPT/CEH winning the WD and empty stadiums. Therefore, WYH-WX duked it out, and LYB does not really care who they meet in the final, that is my take.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    I would have to see that game again. But SSF is not a major, in fact CHN did not even send LD to play in the first 2 series. To LYB, SSF has no WR to gain, other than a huge payout so we have the likes of WPT/CEH winning the WD and empty stadiums. Therefore, WYH-WX duked it out, and LYB does not really care who they meet in the final, that is my take.
    Well if the tournament is not held in China, LYB doesnt give a damn...actually SSF since 2010 is considered a major when BWF and sponsors decided to inject more money into. So to the players, that tournament is like ATP Finals for tennis. I would still call it a major tournament even if it is not to LYB.

The one in Liuzhou was actually taken seriously by China. They would have wanted to sweep titles but incidently Fu Haifeng felt sick to his stomach hence allowing Chai-Guo to go through instead Otherwise he would play it all out.

The match between WX-WYH is indeed fixed nevertheless. WX lost to Nehwal in the group match so it's better to send different Chinese player to play against her to prevent her from playing with confidence. If the tournament is held in China, LYB wont back down and he has a face to look after

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    It is one thing LYB sells to his players that for CHN glory, players are to sacrifice to throw games to their teammates to enhance a gold medal win. But should 2 CHN meet in OLY final, if LYB will to pull this stunt asking a player to throw a game so that LD will win his 2nd gold medal and seal his legend status, that would be a tough sell. Even though we think little of LYB as a match fixer (LYB couldn't care less what baddy fans think of him anyway), but LYB would lose his credibility in CHN badminton to favor one player for so-called legend status than to win gold for CHN regardless of who gets it. That is why in the final of major like OLY, the coaches chair is empty when 2 CHN players meet and it is no mercy and we get to see some of the best baddy payed.
    Sir, no point sledging (or as you guys call trash talking) but we will definitely know once it plays out the way we assume it would. Enjoy he Games!

Probably LYB is not a match fixer but he definitely is a kingmaker. Why make the other bloke claim victory as a footnote?
    Last edited by King's; 06-02-2012 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreak87 View Post
    The more i look at Wang Yihan close up, the more convinced i am sure she is not a Han Chinese, probably a Manchu from Shanghai native community.

By the way, Li Xuerui really needs to win big tournaments to make her name feared and frequently used for comparisons by other players. Wang Yihan seems to only like to compare herself with Wang Shixian and Wang Xin especially Wang Shixian.

Well what can i say...Wang Shixian is the only present player that actually rival Wang Yihan's achievements.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreak87 View Post
    Thanks for the video link. I noticed it was dated May 26th and towards the end of the video clip, Kitty Wang Yihan (I call her Kitty since her nickname is kitten in Chinese) actually expressed her hope to be selected for the London Olympics. I'd thought she is the frontrunner - LYB sure is keeping all the 4 ladies in suspense.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hello Kitty...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can feel the cosmos/aura of seriousness from this photo. Wang Yihan you are definitely going to London. Just stay injury-free and focused!

Name:  538355_424429157591651_1826863704_n.jpg
Views: 3606
Size:  51.2 KB

The Four-Star generals. Lin Dan is not there...
    Last edited by Miqilin7; 06-06-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There can only be one Chief of Staff.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    I can feel the cosmos/aura of seriousness from this photo. Wang Yihan you are definitely going to London. Just stay injury-free and focused!

Name:  538355_424429157591651_1826863704_n.jpg
Views: 3606
Size:  51.2 KB

The Four-Star generals. Lin Dan is not there...
    WYH actually taller than FHF. I didn't know that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WYH lost to LXR again in the IO semi-final.. 3 continuos losing streak to LXR..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, why is LD not there with them?

i hope WYH's losts to LXR is part of strategy, just to stay below the radar. can't believe a rising WS player can beat her again and again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    The more i look at Wang Yihan close up, the more convinced i am sure she is not a Han Chinese, probably a Manchu from Shanghai native community.
    ..if i recall correct, she is from Shanghai..