Lowepro in Changi Airport?

Discussion in 'Badminton Photography' started by llpjlau, Sep 22, 2008.

1. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Hi,
    to all Singaporeans, and especially to all Singaporean photography enthusiasts.

i'm just wondering if they sell Lowepro backpacks in Changi airport (doesnt matter what terminal right? i suppose there are shutter buses that i can catch from one to the others).
    also what are prices like? i'll be in singapore in a couple of weeks time but only for transit so i won't have time to go into the city.
    i heard that Lowepro bags are relatively cheap in singapore.

to be specific, i'm looking to get the Lowepro Orion Trekker II so if anyone could quote me a price for one from Changi airport, that would be great.

thanks.

on a similar note, what do BCers prefer to use their cameras? backpack or shoulder bag?

2. hellojeffo

hellojeffo Regular Member

Undergrad
    I assume you are only over for transit. But if you're not, you can make a trip to Peninsula Plaza or Funan IT mall. They've plenty of shops selling Lowepro bags.

As for them bags at the Airport, I wouldn't be surprised if they sell them there, but my guess is that it would be a little more expensive. Since these bags are non-dutiable items after all.

And yes, you can hop around the terminals by foot, or by the Skytrain, which links all 3 terminals together. Terminal 3 is the new terminal, and worth a visit! Have fun!

As for me, I'm just an amateur haha, using the OLD OLD Canon 350D with the kit 18-55mm lens... did manage some nice badminton photos though!

3. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

isn't airport shopping duty-free anyway?

4. hellojeffo

hellojeffo Regular Member

Undergrad
    Airport shopping is duty free, but since the bags are non-dutiable, even if there were duty exemptions, it wouldn't affect the price.

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A bit off topic-There should be shops which sell camera bags..

...it depends on:
    1. what photog adventures you're going to take..
    2. what types of equipments you're going to take..
    3. how many equipments..
    4. if you're going to sneak in (or sneak out) any additional foods or drinks....

If for a simple tour at Disneyland or to visit the natural beauty of Terengganu, maybe a side-shoulder bag is enough...
    If you're going on one of those deep, Amazon-type jungle adventure, maybe a shoulder bag is preferable...;)
    Btw, or you can check out this thread for more inspirations:cool::
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54783

of course, if you're going in style, you might want to try this one below:cool::
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#5 ctjcad, Sep 22, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  6. Arcsaber

Arcsaber Regular Member

Student
    I hope I am not too late - although i m, 8days late to reply here.
    The main mode of transport via different terminals would be the skytrains which operates daily till about 2am (Singapore time). Following that, there would be buses for people who would wish to terminal hop from one terminal to another.
    There should be stores in the DFS selling similar products. that you are searching for.