arcsaber 10 sp or jp

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by effendi, Sep 22, 2008.

1. effendi

effendi Regular Member

can anyone give me any ideas on the difference between arcsaber 10 sp and jp? all specifications are the same unlike the armortech 900 t jp/sp where they had gum metals included in the jp version. anyone ever use one and feel the difference except the price. thanks

2. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    The word GUMMETAL can't be used outside of Japan because of patent if I recall correctly. The rackets is the same.

3. effendi

effendi Regular Member

hm wonder why is the price is much more expensive on the jp version. but have u tried both matt? can i message u on private message? thc

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Too many reasons to mention why the prices is different. Mainly standard of living, supply and demand and it goes on.

JP version is that much more expensive compared to the average price of the SP.

I have not tried both as I only have the JP only.

5. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Search the forum if you want to know the difference between SP and JP. It has being discussed many times before.

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Opps typed too quickly.

JP version is not much more expensive compared to the average price of the SP.

7. effendi

effendi Regular Member

i have read the news that jp/ ip/ kp/cp are for professionals while sp is for regulars. i have seen that the jp version of armortech 900 had gum metal written on the frame while sp version doesn't. the jp version of armortech 900 also feels heavier than the sp version. but with arcsaber 10 they are all similar. and no comment yet on arcsaber 10 jp/ sp/ ip. i had like to hear the comment if anyone had tried them both. thanks

8. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    effendi,

Only in the Japan, the rackets have slightly different names, same product. To be correct what what you said on GUMMETAL, yes it's only for JP, however for other racket codes such as US, CD, UK and SPs the word is not mentioned there in my previous post above explaning why the word is not there.

I do question your comparisoin, was this comparing two unstring rackets? Were they from the same batch, weight or grip sizes? Same strings being used to do a fair A to B comparision?

It does not only apply to just badminton rackets where the names is different, even electronic terminology is different. An example is High-Definition in Japan is known as "Hi-Vision".

9. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    jp is Japan code and not made for profesional like ip/cp/kp. My at900t ip code slightly heavier (+3 gr) than sp code (i own both and with same condition 3uG5, strung with NBG98 and overgrip with kimony) but stiffness, balance point, feel and play is same just like sp code and if you not see the code, i'll guarantee you'll never know the different. Also my nephew arc10 jp and my friend arc10 sp also identical in every aspect.
    So if you consider to buy racket with some idea that jp or ip code is better than sp then you're wrong. I buy this racket with ip code (or my nephew with his jp) because they are rare items and more for collection (or pride) than any other preference.

10. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    JP rackets aren't hard to get. You have to remember that each "U" has a 5g range so that racket can lie withing that range anywhere.

11. shyalala

shyalala Regular Member

i m using NS9000s jp, comparing with sp, jp is abit stiffer than sp.

12. effendi

effendi Regular Member

hm thx for the information. think i ll just stick to sp code. since it's US $60 - $70 cheaper in here. by the way, has any1 tried armortech 700 limited edition?

13. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    There are a few threads already dedicated to AT700LTD so try looking at them

14. kinoko

kinoko Regular Member

im not too sure on the arc series.. but i have the jp and sp of the armortec700 beijing limited. the jp feels much heavier. i havent weight them yet. it gives u 'tighter' feeling.

15. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Ppl feel better while playing with JP since they costs more expensive than SP or some other versions.Since ppl often think that the more expensive one thing is,the better quality it has.If JP costs lower than them,i would doubt that ppl will still think that JP feels better than the rest.LOL..

16. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    JP is not hard to get but they are expensive :D that's my mean of proud :D
    but i agree 5g different is acceptable i just want to explain the only different i found is weight :)
    one strange fact to me is my IP net weight (empty) is 90 g and my SP (empty also:D) is 87 g so why YY not put my IP racket in 2u category ? even only 1 gram that confusing me cause YY have range their weight in specific category......:confused:
    Sorry if confusing but i always check the weight all my racket with and without string&grip but i always more concern and posting my gross weight :p
    u got my point :D

17. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    so theres no difference in appearance other than the jp code on the arcsaber 10?

18. h4n5ip

h4n5ip Regular Member

@effendi
    @kinoko
    @Issakarya
    @smichz

Yooo guys, nice to meet you guys in this forum.

The different between IP/JP/SP I think just Yonex knows the answer.
    What we can do normally to compare them is by weighted them while empty racket to see if there any weight different.
    Or you can use car key to knock on the frame and shaft between those distribution code. You will realize that the sound is different between Sp and JP.
    I don't know if that will make the quality differ.

19. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    JP Code, 2U and 3U Models are available.

SP Code, up to 3U Models are available.

JP Code perform better? No, it is nonsense....errrrr... hmmm... I mean it is psychological... they say if you wear red underwear each and every time, you will play better, and win more.... they say so....:D

Thanks.