extra tension on drop weight

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by airsteins, Sep 24, 2008.

1. airsteins

airsteins Regular Member

Quick question about adding extra pulling the string tighter, without changing the weights.

For example, when I finish stringing using the Yonex pattern, I like to add an extra 2 lbs to the last cross.

Instead of changing the weights all the time, I would like to leave the drop weight arm in a slightly higher position, meaning that the string is tighter without changing the weights.

Q: At what degree angle does the arm need to be raised approx. in order to add an extra 2 lbs???

2. icewater888

icewater888 Regular Member

I would of thought that having the drop weight arm higher, thus having the weight closer to the pivot point would mean less tension and not more. (I could be wrong)

3. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

unless you have a LaserFibre type drop-weight, where the tension pulled is the same regardless of arm angle,
    the tension being pulled will always be less than nominal if the bar is not horizontal. Above horizontal and below horizontal both give you lower tension.

I just move the weight for the final pulls. It only takes 2 seconds.