String and their tension

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by airsteins, Sep 25, 2008.

1. airsteins

airsteins Regular Member

Hi

Probably been discussed before, but hey, I can't spend all day searching the forums.

I restrung 2 identical rackets. 1 with BG 65, the other with Nanogy 95.

The Nanogy immediately started about 2/3 pounds higher. I never knew that there was such an increase between tension with thin strings and thicker strings. Does BG 80 string high too? If so, then I guess I don't need to string as high???

Also, the tension in the BG65 has dropped quite considerably, whereas the NBG 95 strings have stayed at quite a high tension. At first, I thought that I had not pulled the knots tight enough on the BG65's but now I have used Nanogy, I realise that it is just the string.

Has anyone else noticed that BG 65 tension drops rapidly, where as NBG 95 stays at quite a high tension???

Your thought please. Also, does BG80 hold it's tension well too?

On Dinkalots string reviews, BG65 gets average on tension holding.... personally I think it is very poor.....

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Hi,

Yes, it has been discussed several time before.

Please be more specific what do you mean 2/3 lb higher. Do you mean under same tension pull, NBG95 feel 2~3 lb higher than Bg65? Please clarify so we can answer your question.

Yes, NBG95 do hold tension better than BG65 due to the special coating according to YY.

Yes, it has been discussed many time before on tension holding between different YY strings.

BG70pro, BG85 and BG80 are the best strings in holding tensions IMHO.

FYI, BG65 is most popular badminton string in the world. So it should be used as average and rate other string based on that.

3. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    It doesn't take all day to search what you are looking for. This has being discussed to many times now.

4. airsteins

airsteins Regular Member

Thanks Silent heart.

When I string 2 rackets at the same tension but one with 65 and one with 95, the strings are a higher pitch on the 95's, I presume because the string is thinner?

I've always used BG 65, but now I really don't get on with it. It loses tension very quickly, and it is really a standard string that should only be on a racket when it is bought, then changed for 80 or 95.