User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can try Garden Grove Rec Center across the street from Bolsa Grande High School.
    Hours are Friday 9pm-12pm, Saturday 6-9pm, Sunday 5-8pm.

Quote Originally Posted by B@dEyes View Post
    @Viper2005
    Where does G.G badminton club usually practice at?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do I need to register-join in advance or can show up at day of tournament and play?

Quote Originally Posted by harimau View Post
    Thank you for the correction !! We are still in need of A-1 players.. 4 teams.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default from what i witnessed..

Anyone know where I can get more information on this event?

TIA
    @harimau
    I wanted info on how to join...what are the qualifications or requirements?
    Are there really A and B levels players? I would love to get my bottom kick by one of them
    B@dEyes (Le), yes, there are A & B level players. A level players will usually play on 1 court @ the corner. There aren't many but they're really2 tough.
    I'd say, your level would be around C or B. Even B level is quite challenging.
    You can bring in your own partner if you'd like also (ask Don if he wants to play w/you ).
    Also, when you sign up, you'd get to play **at minimum**, 4 matches.
    Btw, if not mistaken, it's $5/person to join & play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper2005 View Post
    Do I need to register-join in advance or can show up at day of tournament and play?
    Paul, i think you can show up on the tourney day & join. Depends also on how many slots are still available. Best thing, IMO, is to sign up early, just to reserve your slot(s).
    If i recall, A level players who played @ this tourney are players like Budi Sumarli (if you know him), Priscilla Lun...
    Last edited by ctjcad; 09-15-2009 at 05:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B@dEyes--->In my opinion, You are an A player for this Friendship tournament. I played in this tournament when I first started playing badminton about 1 yr ago or less--in the A3 level: Win 2, loss 2: back then, I just got back into badminton about 3 months of playing from 15yrs of resting. Good luck in trying to sign UP. When there is PRIZE MONEY involved, then you will drop to C or D level; after playing Summer Smashed at SGVBC for my first time in the C level doubles/singles. You can handle C level in my opinion if you ever want to play at SGVBC. I have played with you, so I use that as my rating for you.

But B-level at SGVBC Summer Smash 09: in my opinion is very Advance: super strong smash, speed, good bird placement & great foot-work & good defense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBird View Post
    B@dEyes--->In my opinion, You are an A player for this Friendship tournament. I played in this tournament when I first started playing badminton about 1 yr ago or less--in the A3 level: Win 2, loss 2: back then, I just got back into badminton about 3 months of playing from 15yrs of resting. Good luck in trying to sign UP. When there is PRIZE MONEY involved, then you will drop to C or D level; after playing Summer Smashed at SGVBC for my first time in the C level doubles/singles. You can handle C level in my opinion if you ever want to play at SGVBC. I have played with you, so I use that as my rating for you.

But B-level at SGVBC Summer Smash 09: in my opinion is very Advance: super strong smash, speed, good bird placement & great foot-work & good defense.

So Eddie....where do you think i should play at SGVBC then?

B

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wickeddrop---> You are a solid C player at SGVBC. I strongly think that You & I can be a great force for C doubles.

For B level-You goto to play like a Semi-PRO!!!!--> one small error, you will get smashed Down. If you cannot run 5 miles w/out getting tired--->>Then your stamina is not ready at this LEVEL & don't forget everything else!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Viper2005 View Post
    Pre-registration is advisable since we dont want to be in a position where we have to guess of who is coming and who is not. Of course some emergency situation does occur from time to time; and we do understand that....but we much preferred players sign up ahead of time so that we can better organized and pair up the teams...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by harimau View Post
    Pre-registration is advisable since we dont want to be in a position where we have to guess of who is coming and who is not. Of course some emergency situation does occur from time to time; and we do understand that....but we much preferred players sign up ahead of time so that we can better organized and pair up the teams...
    This Sat, NOV 21, 09 will be the monthly Friendship Meets between ABC vs OC Group badminton players at ABC starting from 5:00pm to 10:00pm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2